It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British schools where girls must wear the Islamic veil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Uh huh? So, let's see, you can't ban the burqa because you are trampling on peoples rights yet the same people can force people to wear the burqa. Yup, I'd say they are brainwashing these girls, and no one will do anything in the name of political correctness and sensativity. Chalk one more up for the religion of peace. Ah well, gotta train your suicide bombers somehow.....

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Moderate followers of Islam said yesterday that enforcement of the veil was a "dangerous precedent" and that children attending such schools were being "brainwashed".

I guess you missed this part, how conveniant.

Take your Islamophobic garbage somewhere else.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
There is a simple solution which I think has been missed. Maybe just don't send your children to the school.

Job done, pipe and slippers please.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Yeah that bit is actually in the opening sentence.

----------

Edit to not be rude. No need to be rude.
edit on 4-10-2010 by Big Raging Loner because: Removing rudeness.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Um, no, didn't miss it, it was in the artice.............

Islamaphobic garbage........first, nope not scared of them so that negates one word, second, garbage............so making them wear the burqa is not true? Ya don't have to like it, but truth is truth.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I was saying the article was garbage I said your post was garbage, especially the end piece.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Ah well, everyone has an opinion...............
Mine would be pandering to these people needs to end,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Have they used children for suicide bombers....um yup.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I'm with the OP...and with the moderate Muslims...forcing these kids to wear a piece of clothing that "is tribal" in nature is BS....and the sooner the moderate Muslims take back their religion from extremists, the better.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Islamic schools have introduced uniform policies which force girls to wear the burka or a full headscarf and veil known as the niqab

Nothing more to say here. It is an Islamic school regardless of where it is located or if it is a requirement of the religion I would expect to see it happen. It is common with many that are Islamic.

It is like sending your child to a Christian school expect they will be around, hear, or do things that are thought of as Christian. I have no problem with a private school having a uniform as long as it is not something that exposes their bodies in a perverted way.

It is an Islamic school let them have the uniforms they chose. If this were a public school I would be upset.

Raist

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Well, it's their private school, I'm guessing. Most private schools have uniforms. You do the math.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
It's an Islamic school, they are asking the pupils to wear Islamic clothes... Whats your point here

heres a Jewish school that make pupils wear Jewish religious clothing

BOYS: Tsitsit and School Kippot to be worn at all times on the school premises.
Short sleeved white polo shirt with school crest.

Is this also wrong?

Just to add..

Did you really just say "These people"?
edit on 4-10-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
It IS a private school, so yeah, they can have whatever uniform they want....however, it seems a bit odd that they think that they can dictate what students have to wear while outside of the school.

Still, while I don't use the term "Islamophobic" very often, the OPs jump from "the uniform that a private school enforces" to "suicide bombers" may just merit it's use.
edit on 5-10-2010 by babloyi because: spelling

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by bowlbyville
I'm with the OP...and with the moderate Muslims...forcing these kids to wear a piece of clothing that "is tribal" in nature is BS....and the sooner the moderate Muslims take back their religion from extremists, the better.

No, the sooner they wake up to the fact their religion is complete bull#, like all the other religions, the better.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

the op is on the same side as moderate muslims which i think makes calling his pov islamophobic garbage a little hasty. i think alot of people would be concerned if the catholic school system in america started forcing women to wear full nun gear and teaching them not to use birth control or enter the work place. i don't see why these people's status as muslims protects them from criticism.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

No one seemed to catch that................several places in europe are trying to ban the burqa, lots of people up in arms over it................
However, this private school wants to force them to wear it off of school grounds............that's when it stops being a school uniform.
I guess, as in all cases the "down trodden" will win their day furthering an agenda to help destroy europe and the people will accept it bit by bit.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Op Article From the telegraph article (which has been on an islamaphobic tirade for a year now)

The Sunday Telegraph has established that three UK institutions have introduced a compulsory veil policy when girls are walking to or from school. They are:

Madani Girls' School in east London;
Jamea Al Kauthar in Lancaster;
Jameah Girls' Academy in Leicester.

The Madani Girls school site is is down...

Jamea Al Kauthar in Lancaster?
from thier website

In response to the articles appearing in several newspapers regarding the enforcement of the veil upon our students, we would like to clarify that Jamea Al-Kauthar does not force any student to wear the veil.

www.jamea.co.uk...

Jameah Girls Academy in Leicester?

I found thier site and despite my best effort can find nothing discussing dress code.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

al-Qaeda Kidnappers Demand Lifting of French Veil Ban...

af.reuters.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
All faith schools should be outlawed regardless of faith or source of funding.
Integration brings understanding,

Religious Education belongs in the privacy of one's own home or in the place where one chooses to worship.

top topics

join