It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's almost time

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
So with only 14 months until the supposed "End Date" as I am writing this post, I began to wonder how many actually believe something will happen on December 21st 2012. I know I have been waiting years for that date to arrive, just so I could say "Told you so" when nothing happens. Perhaps it is simply the beginning of a transition into a new mindset for humanity? Or perhaps it is a great event that shoves the entire earth into another dimension? Or maybe even perhaps it is a real end date? All the governments nuke eachother and destroy the earth and only the strongest survive? Who knows, but the time to find out is coming very close and I am getting anxious.

So tell me, ATS, if you are willing. With only 14 months to go, how is the prospect of a date that was predicted many thousands of years ago, as it approaches us, going to affect your lives or the way you think?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I've learned to just not care anymore. At first, I was a major skeptic. I believed that the whole thing is "just another Y2K"...but now that I see all of the different beliefs on the subject, it's not so easy to just brush it off.

If you read too much into it, you can get sucked in. Constantly comparing new scientific evidence and various spiritual beliefs. Which is why, until the day comes, I just don't give a # anymore

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

It has already started and will shortly be reaching a climax. I am not talking about earth changes, but I see a destruction of the systems we have designed be challenged daily. It is only a matter of time before these systems and institutions begin to fall away and are replaced with something more fair, and geared to benefit all of humanity. At current, our system perpetuate greed and power over others. Yet when you look beneath it all the systems were established on truth and justice. The systems have been manipulated by outside interests, and the people seemingly went along believing that was just the way it is. These systems will crumble and will be radically transformed by 2012. I think 2012 will be more of the date in which we collectively agree it all needs to change. The whole system redesigned. Until then I live within the system with chipping away at one corner. Hopefully, others are doing their part and I may run into them at some point, that we may join forces and bring greater change where needed.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I was born into a family whose religion once believed Jesus was returning in 1844...
...it did not happen...
...then they all got a huge case of Cognitive Dissonance...
...believing that some spiritual event happened instead.

If the aliens don't use the 2012 date as an excuse to disclose...
...brace yourself for the Cognitive Dissonance.

History is littered with failed predictions.

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Toodles
So with only 14 months until the supposed "End Date"...

Actually it is 26 months till the end date.

It is october 2010 right now... so two years and 2 months from now it will be december 2012

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

BAHAHAHAHA wow I made a major error in that opening post. My apologies for being unable to perform simple math. Thank you for pointing that out

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Toodles
reply to post by Monts

BAHAHAHAHA wow I made a major error in that opening post. My apologies for being unable to perform simple math. Thank you for pointing that out

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Great! Thanks for the date thingy. I can wait a bit longer to sell all I have and buy a submarine!
Joking ! Seriously ,earth upheavals have already started and won't the nwo be pi**ed if the genocide happens without their help?
How\who can they tell that they saved?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
It will be an interesting day in any event. People have become so hyped up about the prospects. I suspect there will be parties, and guys standing in the streets with "The End is Nigh" signs. Emergency rooms filled with panic attack patients, and the like. Some people have even mentioned maxing out their credit cards, in anticipation of not having to pay them. lol.

I'll be watching it unfold, but I certainly don't expect the world to end.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Well, I used to just say "maybe." And there's still not any solid evidence that one particular thing will happen. But lately it seems like a world changing event is coming and its unavoidable. Our solar system is beginning to enter a sort of magnetic band at the same time that our sun is peaking its current solar cycle, which God knows what could happen with that. At the same time the PTB seem to be driving the worlds economy straight into the ground, not to mention all the NWO theories out there. And all this is happening at a time when dozens of end time prophecies seem to converge.

If it were just about the end of a cycle in the mayan calendar, I would blow it off too. But every aspect of our world is reaching a singularity right when they said it would. It's getting harder and harder to discount as coincidence.

The question for me is no longer is it happening. Now the question is WHAT is happening.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Preparing for the worst and Hoping for the best,is what i'm doing

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
It won't matter.

When nothing significant occurs, they will simply echo Sitchen's comments about it being "off" by 10 or 25 years or whatever they can come up with. So they can gloom and doom for another decade. Lather, rinse and repeat... they can keep up this silliness for dozens of years.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The way I look at it is:

Eh... just another transition.

I've spent my life transitioning from one life to another... kid in one town, redneck to the hilt... next thing I know, mom's living in her own house. Dad's got a new girlfriend, and we move to a new city. Military. Now they get married, and I get to spend 6 years stuck with a psychologically tormenting stepmother (if I only knew at the time I coulda told the counselor...). Then she's gone, life is easy, everything is back to when I was a kid, but now I'm in high school. I turn 18 and get kicked out. Nice comfy living again, to literally out on the street. Then I got comfy again, then again, then ended up in Salt Lake City.

I'm gonna stop right there, because after you live in SLC... eh... any transition, especially the one out of there, is welcome.

So, Eh... another transition. I always look forward to it now. It's something new, and exciting... or grim and dull, and hardly worth noticing, if you even notice it at all... besides, the world ends every year, and does anyone even notice it? Nope... you just go back to the maze and push buttons for food.

Slack.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

So tell me, ATS, if you are willing. With only 14 months to go, how is the prospect of a date that was predicted many thousands of years ago, as it approaches us, going to affect your lives or the way you think?

The date was not really predicted, just noted... at least, to my reading of the record.

As far as what comes? It will be whatever it is. If there is indeed a great change ahead, then it will occur despite our best (or worst) efforts to prepare or avoid it.

If it passes like any other day in December? It will be whatever it is.

Be good to yourself and your fellow human beings, love like there is no tomorrow, eat like it's your last meal and sleep soundly dreaming of those days that you wish for, but never arrive.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Get a hold as many vinyl records as I could, and just listen to music all day. And then on Dec. 21st 2012 I will play a special request from R.E.M "It's The End Of The World". Then I can say to myself "I Feel Fine," then continue moving forward.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Hah I like this response the most so far. I know that if something DOES happen on that date, I will admit defeat and cast aside all doubts. But, until then I will keep on keepin on. I'll continue to be right at everything I say or do (except math of course) hah.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Does it really matter if the date of no importance is 14 months or 26 months away? No.

Regardless, the one prediction I make is the emperor's new clothes will appear. On that date, and probably a few days before that date, and definitely after that date, people will be walking around strutting telling all about the high er frequency harmonic they feel and can sense. The delusional claims will last a long time as those that claim to feel it will defend their claims and possibly even cast those who say sham as those who were not enlightened.

But after a few weeks the people claiming the new enlightenment will realize that they have the same jobs, same bills, same friends, getting the same grades, and wearing the same clothes as before. It could take months for some people to accept that they deluded themselves.

The only way they might be able to reject having made a really silly mistake is to claim that this was only the first wave of the enlightenment and that more is to come. Right there is the essence of a new set of books on duping folks. The first book could be "2012: Wave one of the enlightenment". Then there could be books titled:

The echoes of 2012
2012: The calm before the storm
20xx: Beyond the Mayan portal
The Art of Maintaining the Enlightenment

Just because 2012 is going to a nothing event doesn't mean you can sell books to those that bought books before. There's a pot of gold out there and pockets to pick.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ionsoul
Great! Thanks for the date thingy. I can wait a bit longer to sell all I have and buy a submarine!
Joking ! Seriously ,earth upheavals have already started and won't the nwo be pi**ed if the genocide happens without their help?
How\who can they tell that they saved?

The NWO is behind all of these earth destructive things.. they want over 80% of humanity dead. They would dance and sing uproariously if genocide happened. They hate us.. they have the few they want to save; the rest are just cannon fodder to them.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Well what if that date is wrong. Ever think of that?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonriderGal

Got any proof of these claims or are these just whimsical thoughts? It's easy to toss out claims without evidence.

I claim that the NWO is a made up organization to hide the true group called the Muttonhead Society. This nefarious association of baaahhd people intend to crossbreed humans with livestock to produce food that can think. Their ring leader is Julia Childs - chef extraordinaire and evil queen of unholy acts. Some claim she's dead. Others claim she has been canned as broth and used to infect the human population. Neither is true. She was crossbred with a gelatin dessert and now lives on as the world's only DNA based exoflop computer system to which you are connected and constantly exposed to instruction on how to bake yourself into a marvelous dish in honor of the Muttonhead Society.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join