It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this how USA says sorry?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton admits that the same so called terrorists America is fighting, was funded against the USSR.

Is this how you say sorry for destroying Afghanistan, creating huge instability in Pakistan, and causing the world mess we see today, and still sleeping in the same bed as Saudi Arabia.

She makes me sick, I think Americans have become so arrogant, that they come out and admit their wrong doings in front of our face now, knowing nothing can be done about it.

Time to rise up now, or never:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
To be fair, she wasn't apologizing, or at least I don't think she was. Don't get me wrong, I can't stand her either but these people aren't America, rather they are the people who have hijacked America and used our strength to their own ends in a clear contradiction to our own. Americans haven't become arrogant, we have become brainwashed, mislead, made ignorant and kept in the dark from what is really going on. Generally speaking, what we know, is only what has been spoon-fed to us and that spoon feeding we are told is the whole picture.

The Soviets did the same thing to their people, though the only difference is that their people knew they were being fed a line of BS, as the Soviet government didn't hide the fact that they were controlling and censoring the information being fed to the communist people. Americans on the other hand, have no idea that our news is censored and controlled, making many, if not most, of us to believe that our convictions are right. After all, we are basing our convictions on an incomplete and often inaccurate picture being painted for us, while thinking that this picture is the entire and accurate picture.

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Americans are the victims, just like everyone else, though we are being exploited for perseverance and values, while others are the victims of our ignorance.

--airspoon

edit on 3-10-2010 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

You know what's even sadder? The fact that the average American DOESN'T know what their country has done to them! Yet they blindly follow their government, and still vote for 2 dumb ass parties!

I can't blame them, they have no choice but 2 parties.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Star for you AirSpoon! You nailed the head with a hammer.... way better than I could! Thumbs up for you buddy!

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Well, until we can get organized and agree upon what that 'rising up' looks like, and more importantly, what will happen AFTER said uprising, its just a simplistic idea, difficult to implement in reality.

edit on 3-10-2010 by justadood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

That is why we have a brain to create the idea first, then implement it, when I say uprising, I don't just mean get up and destroy your country. What I mean is much more than that, it is the thought that counts, when you think and whole heartedly believe that a revolution is needed, that thought should be spread.

Then that thought should be put on paper, revised, and then revises again until forms perfection, then stand up and fight for your rights, if refused, fight.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

That is why we have a brain to create the idea first, then implement it, when I say uprising, I don't just mean get up and destroy your country. What I mean is much more than that, it is the thought that counts, when you think and whole heartedly believe that a revolution is needed, that thought should be spread.

Then that thought should be put on paper, revised, and then revises again until forms perfection, then stand up and fight for your rights, if refused, fight.

I'm still not seeing too many tangible specifics for this uprising which you feel must happen 'now or never'.

can you sketch out a rough map beyond the vague theory?

edit on 3-10-2010 by justadood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Star for You! You US citizens need to fight back, and I don't mean violently! I mean fighting back with your brains - that is what made the US a great nation. Back in South Africa, when we saw a product was made in the US or the UK - We KNEW it was awesome stuff!

It Still IS!

Unfortunately, people now only look at price!

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Uprisings begin in paper, with excessive planing etc.. I think you are trying to use my vague wording to try to divert attention.

The planing shouldn't be done by me, hence I'm not American, nor do I live in America.

Americans can do that themselves, they are smart enough, but obviously if the government finds out, they will be sent to places worse than the abu ghraib, to get tortured and raped.

As the previous poster stated, that brains instead of violence should be used, but there is always a chance of violence erupting from the government part.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

right, but your statement was something along the lines of 'the time to rise up is now'.

i would think such an idea would a have some specifics behind it, or you might as well be saying 'the time to ascend to heaven is now'.

if you think looking for specific, tangible solutions is a 'diversion', then i am curious what i am diverting from? Lofty talk relegated to theory?

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Once again, an uprising is a process, it doesn't just go boom, and everyone rises up.

And the motive behind the rising up is diverse.

What come after the rise up?

That is a question you have to ask yourself as an American.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

You know what's funny? The American people put these morons in power in the first place.

Oh yeah. Don't remind people of that though as they can't handle it!

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

What happens after the uprising?

Americans get rounded up like cattle and deposited into FEMA camps.

Don't fall for that trap. ;-)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Americans have the right to hold their governments accountable, they just forgot about that right, and their lawyers won't remind them of that right.

It is embarrassing, if they are locked up for trying to hold their government accountable, then they should jump to the next level, and fight back.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Now im speachless nice video

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

"Uprising", need not be a violent overthrow, but rather American's realizing that their long abdicated duty to self-governance needs to be returned back to the people. I believe this is what oozy is speaking of.

Currently we have the most powerful tool, a constant revolution which has been set as the foundation of the United States since the Constitution was ratified; voting. Not just simply going to the ballot box and picking 'inny-minnie-minny-moe', but actually understanding your choices. It drives deeper than that though.

It means actually taking the time to vote in local elections, where you, as a citizen can make the largest changes. It means holding your representatives feet to the fire, as secured by our First Amendment. It means utilizing such procedures as impeachment, which as most people seem to not understand, can be used against all in the Federal Government, not just a president. It means turning off American Idol for a few nights and researching the issues at hand. It means sacrifice, which American's seem to have forgotten.

Idealistic? A bit. Plausible? Absolutely if we regain the understanding that all power does not derive from the Government but from the people, in which have given their consent to be governed. He who giveth can surely taketh away.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Here's the deal. That's just an ass-kissing politician. You should try to wrap your mind around this. We (the great majority of us) aren't sorry about anything. In fact, most of us are sick of you. Had the American people had their choice, we would have turned the middle east into a glass factory. You guys whine and moan because you are jealous of our innovation, ability and spirit. You are slaves to your government and cult of islam, and seem to think blowing up children, stoning women to death, flying airplanes into buildings murdering thousands of people and failing to bathe are good things. In truth, your a bunch of lying, lethargic, greedy morons who would murder anyone they couldn't convert. Good luck, because I promies our next president won't be such a self-loathing weasel. In short, we've had enough of your crap, so if I were you guys, I'd tone it down really quick. The clock is ticking.

edit on 4-10-2010 by astrogolf because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2010 by astrogolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Hillary Clinton admits that the same so called terrorists America is fighting, was funded against the USSR.

Oozy this is nothing new. In fact the plot for Rambo III was based upon this premise, was released in 1988, and ended with text that read "This film is dedicated to the gallant people of Afghanistan." and "I am like a bullet, filled with lead and made to kill".

Hillary only said what anyone with any knowledge of current events or history has known for years.

Is this how you say sorry for destroying Afghanistan, creating huge instability in Pakistan, and causing the world mess we see today, and still sleeping in the same bed as Saudi Arabia.

She voiced regret that we left a power vacuum in Afghanistan when the Soviets pulled out. The instability in that region, it's arguable, could be blamed on the Soviets as much as the US. But a more educated mind will recognize that this region has been unstable, for the most part, for all of recorded history.

She makes me sick, I think Americans have become so arrogant, that they come out and admit their wrong doings in front of our face now, knowing nothing can be done about it.

Admitting ones errors is a positive thing. Arrogance is not a function of regret. It can cause regret, but it is not a product of regret.

Who do you propose should rise up? And against whom? The world against the US? The citizens of the US against our own government?

The implications of a world without America are staggering. You can see America as evil, but we are a necessary evil. I don't see any nation, or group of nations, rising up and threatening to cross our borders militarily. It wouldn't only be a suicide mission. It would destabilize the entire world in ways that I shudder to think about.

And we, as a nation, may fracture into diverse groups. We may bicker amongst ourselves. But we will never rise up against our own government. We will vote them out. We will politically castrate them. We will work hard to ensure change. But we won't undo our own system.

Be patient Oozy. There are Americans who care, and who see the wrongs. And we have a voice. it's just that our system takes time to change. We are working at it.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Its quite obvious that the real reason we attacked Afghanistan was to have troops near China. I mean, they're really gaining on us. Plus the fact that they just got granted permission to open that base in Cuba. We must have seen it comming and just beat them to it.
The only sorry we'll need is the one we feel for ourselves after china nukes us.
just my 2 cents

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vincitori
Its quite obvious that the real reason we attacked Afghanistan was to have troops near China. I mean, they're really gaining on us. Plus the fact that they just got granted permission to open that base in Cuba. We must have seen it comming and just beat them to it.
The only sorry we'll need is the one we feel for ourselves after china nukes us.
just my 2 cents

Are you mad bro?

China will not nuke US (pun intended), that would instigate the destruction of the world! I read somewhere that China really only has about 700,000 people, therefore if we go to war we can just invade them and use our mighty fighting force of 60,388,734 (Cia world fact book (coming from the CIA we know it must be true)) to decimate the minuscule Chinese population as we have about 86.2 times more people.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join