It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do white people get red eyes in photos and other races don't?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I have wondered about this quite often as I am Caucasian with light green eyes, but I have never had "red eyes" on photos.

The reason for this is:

-the reflective layers behind the nerve receptors in my retinas are dull. This explains why I don't have good night vision at all. So while this isn't ideal for night time adventures in the wild, it is great for stage lighting and party pics.

People with darker eyes also have more layers of melanin for the light to travel through before it reflects as "vampire eyes."

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

No they're devils duh!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
It does have to do with eye colour, although I don't know why. here is two photos of my dog, she has one blue eye and one brown eye as can be seen in the first photo, in the second photo which was taken with a flash, you will see the blue eye has a red dot in the centre and the brown eye is green in the centre

With Flash on

Peace

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This is a quote from wikipedia. Of course, wikipedia is sometimes inaccurate but this sounds reasonable, matches with my experience over the years and this subject isn't particularly controversial so I wouldn't see any reason for people to falsify info about it:
"The amount of red light emerging from the pupil depends on the amount of melanin in the layers behind the retina. This amount varies strongly between individuals. Light skinned people with blue eyes have relatively low melanin in the fundus and thus show a much stronger red-eye effect than dark skinned people with brown eyes. The same holds for animals. The color of the iris itself is of virtually no importance for the red-eye effect."
The entire article can be read at :
en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join