It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you personally had an encounter with a Crypid?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

It's been 35 years and I remember it well. When it flapped it's wings there was a loud whoosh, even after it passed me by. It was light brown and starred straight ahead. It stayed at the same (20 feet off of the creek bed) from 50 yards to my left and 100 yards to my right. It basically flew with ease, dropping 50 foot in elevation in the 100 yards to my right. It was following the creek at the same elevation. It couldn't have had more than 5 feet clearance on either side, due to the trees.

This is probably why it has not been seen by hunters, it flies low.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Mine was flying low as well and if as I suspect it has a migratory route from South America

you saw yours within what would be the same migratory path that I think they have

interesting

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

I seems they fly low, creeks and rivers are camouflage to a bird that big. As big as it was I got a good look at it. I am sure it was a bird. Not mythical, but it seemed to have a purposeful flight. I know it saw me, so why didn't it look at me?

It might have had something in it's sights,I have no doubt it could carry a fawn away.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Mine acted the same way!!!!!! and tell I anyone who will let me it was a grey feathered bird nothing mystical, didn't come from another dimension . It only occurred to me years later that it might have been hunting me , Harpy Eagles have have the largest raptor wing span that we know of and they kill humans( not habitually though) they aren't afraid of people and they are only looking for certain things is my take

If they migrate to the southwest in winter or late fall along the rivers I can see why hardly anyone sees them most of us don;t go to the Rivers in winter.

I really helps to get your story and your theories on this ,I think they have been seen by people like one of the posters above but without a measurable reference all you can be left with is the impression of a large bird

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It could be a Crypid but when I was 18 or so me and a few friends went to investigate rumors of headless man haunting the rim of Hanbury Crater we decided to set up camp and survey the surrounding area. We found the old ventilation shafts to the mine lieing down around 30 feet from the shaft was a huge red fury creature......no it wasn't a fox......it was curled up and about 5 foot radius, I was 6'3" and it seemed huge. It didn't move and we couldn't tell if it was breathing or not..... due to the fact we were not known for stupidity and are not going to go poke something that large. The shortened version of the tale with the Crypid (Fox/Wolf or maybe a Big Cat).

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
A couple years ago, me and some college buddies were camping in Kentucky. We were camped out in an area where there were no other tents or anything. Our tent was in a small clearing, and we had a fire going. It was about 7PM- the sun was going down. I am sitting over the fire eating, and my friend John, whose sitting on the other side of the fire from me, turns white and says "what the f*** is that?" So I turn around real quick about 20 yards behind us is this tall naked dark grey thing standing on 2 legs, leaning behind a tree. looked to be about 8 ft. I did not get a good look at its face, and like 2 seconds after I looked, it ran off. My friend told me that its face looked like that of a gothic style gargoyle (bat like). He was high and had been drinking, but he swears to me to this day thats what he saw- and I sure as hell dont know what I saw. Creepiest thing I have ever seen.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DreamerOracle
It could be a Crypid but when I was 18 or so me and a few friends went to investigate rumors of headless man haunting the rim of Hanbury Crater we decided to set up camp and survey the surrounding area. We found the old ventilation shafts to the mine lieing down around 30 feet from the shaft was a huge red fury creature......no it wasn't a fox......it was curled up and about 5 foot radius, I was 6'3" and it seemed huge. It didn't move and we couldn't tell if it was breathing or not..... due to the fact we were not known for stupidity and are not going to go poke something that large. The shortened version of the tale with the Crypid (Fox/Wolf or maybe a Big Cat).

all I can say is look to your local folktales for something of that general description if it exists,you won't be the only ones that have seen it . If it was in the US I'd have a million things that it could be but in the UK?? you guys don't really have a large denning animals that I know of? Weird

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nathwa
A couple years ago, me and some college buddies were camping in Kentucky. We were camped out in an area where there were no other tents or anything. Our tent was in a small clearing, and we had a fire going. It was about 7PM- the sun was going down. I am sitting over the fire eating, and my friend John, whose sitting on the other side of the fire from me, turns white and says "what the f*** is that?" So I turn around real quick about 20 yards behind us is this tall naked dark grey thing standing on 2 legs, leaning behind a tree. looked to be about 8 ft. I did not get a good look at its face, and like 2 seconds after I looked, it ran off. My friend told me that its face looked like that of a gothic style gargoyle (bat like). He was high and had been drinking, but he swears to me to this day thats what he saw- and I sure as hell dont know what I saw. Creepiest thing I have ever seen.

that is creepy, that would keep me out of the woods for...ever, I know the ancient Mayans and Aztec had legends of such creatures they thought they were Giant bats. I don't know how that fits in in Kentucky ,sounds disgusting though , evidently it doesn't have super powers because it saw it was out numbered and ran away.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join