It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you personally had an encounter with a Crypid?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Hey everyone.
Has anyone hear ever seen or perhaps heard/smelled, etc a Crypid?
Personally, I dont think ive ever had an encounter with a Crypid.

Even if you have posted them in other threads on ATS, post them here also. Id love to read and discuss your encounters and learn more about Cryptozoology.

I wonder how many unreported sightings of Cryptids there are? Perhaps more then are actually reported. I was talking to a couple guys from work a little while ago and we were discussing paranormal events that we have witnessed, you would of never known about them if you didnt talk to the person about them, so perhaps there are lots of interesting Cryptid sightings just waiting to be heard and discussed.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
yes I once a saw a bird some type of condor like thing that HUGE!!!

I think it must have had a 17 foot wing span

it was fighting a Bald Eagle and it flew VERY close to me so I know how big it was

can you say Thunderbird?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Hey MrsBlonde
Thanks for the reply
Where did you see this big bird exactly?
How close did it fly to you?
Any other details?

Cheers

edit on 2-10-2010 by FoxMulder91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Yeah the other week ago I saw a massive bird of prey above the tree lines when I was in the middle of the woods. I know sizes compared to other birds aswell, it was dark brown-black with a grayish neck/face. It was very far away but that much was noticeable.

I immediately thought Bald Eagle, but we don't get them in the middle of Illinois at all, and not at this time of year anyway. It was not a turkey vulture either, plus it was flapping it's wings constantly as oppose to a Flap Flap Glide movement like a raptor (yet it looked like one).

As much as I'd like to think it was something special, I HIGHLY doubt it, there are tons of large birds such as cormorants and other shorebirds that could look like something else.

I'm interested to hear about people's experiences with what they couldn't decipher as being unknown or not.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I've had a strange encounter with what I'm not entirely sure was human.
If they were human, they were without a doubt the most disgusting ones I have ever encountered. I am teetering on the brink of believing they were trying to be as human as they knew how to be. Here's my story. As much as it sounds like trolling, I promise this is a true story.

I fix laptops & computers. My doorbell rings. I answer it. Before me stand a mother (age approx 55-60) and a son (age 25-30). The first thing I notice is their appearance. Clothes...extremely wrinkled, hair greasy & matted. They come inside, with a malfunctioning computer. The next thing I notice is the smell. The smell was a blend of roach droppings and animal urine. It was so horrendous I had to step back. I begin to examine the computer (which was an 8 year old laptop) and once again was horrified to see roaches crawling from within the keyboard, out of the edges of the screen, from every slot around the base of the laptop. I turn to the people to say something to them about it and I see something fall from the woman's dress. It was a roach. Then there was another that fell. As polite as I usually am, I looked up at her to tell her there was no way I was going to work on this PC without sitting it outside in a bag full of boric acid when I notice what I THOUGHT were beads of sweat on her forehead were MOVING. She nonchalantly wipes her forehead and then wipes her hand on her dress. Long story short - they leave the PC for a week while I decontaminate it (this is back when I needed the money bad enough to have to do this sort of work). It came time to refomat & reinstall the OS and she wanted to save her pictures. She had a lot of pictures of where they had travelled all over the united states. To Niagra Falls, Grand Canyon, Colorado Mts, Las Vegas, NY....and the ONLY pictures that they took were pictures of their BARE FEET together when they were at these places.
Surely you think I'm jesting, this is all factual. They were either suffering from some sort of mental disorder AND were extremely nasty - or totally not human. Maybe.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxMulder91

Hey MrsBlonde
Thanks for the reply
Where did you see this big bird exactly?
How close did it fly to you?
Any other details?

Cheers

edit on 2-10-2010 by FoxMulder91 because: (no reason given)

Fox.I was tubing the Verde River in Phoenix Az on a chilly stormy November day with two of my Brothers and one Friend. My Brothers are nuts and somehow they convinced me to go on this out of season extreme adventure
The river flows through a canyon,and cliffs and Eagles live there so as we float through this area there appeared this Humongous bird!! The Eagle was not happy to see and attacked it all this took place in the air directly above us this continued for awhile I reached a sand bank where the cliff on one side of the river disappears and gives way to open country I was parked ontthe sandbar and the big brd which I saw only from below flew right over me ..maybe ten feet over my head he was the size of a small aircraft,grey in color and a feathered bird that resembles a condor but waaayyyy bigger it's body between it's wings aprox. the size of a human ,me. So I guess if it was not flying but standing in front of me we would look each other in the eye ,I'm 5.5

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

I have never seen a cryptid, but I have heard one. I was in the Florida panhandle near a friends house. She had been experiencings problems with her dogs barking wildly. I was walking with two other friends. We all heard the same yell. It wasn't like any animal I know of.

The one friend is an experienced tracker. She
didn't think it sounded like anything she has heard either.

It was a very memorable evening. The next evening, I found a large X out in the woods.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sikmike620
Yeah the other week ago I saw a massive bird of prey above the tree lines when I was in the middle of the woods. I know sizes compared to other birds aswell, it was dark brown-black with a grayish neck/face. It was very far away but that much was noticeable.

I immediately thought Bald Eagle, but we don't get them in the middle of Illinois at all, and not at this time of year anyway. It was not a turkey vulture either, plus it was flapping it's wings constantly as oppose to a Flap Flap Glide movement like a raptor (yet it looked like one).

As much as I'd like to think it was something special, I HIGHLY doubt it, there are tons of large birds such as cormorants and other shorebirds that could look like something else.

I'm interested to hear about people's experiences with what they couldn't decipher as being unknown or not.

there is a problem with large bird sitings in that there is no frame of reference in the sky was there something on known size near it you could compare it with?

in my case the bird I am talking about did not flap it was gliding and I used the Eagle it was fighting with and since it came so close my own size

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Well, a few years back I THINK I had an encounter with a bigfoot in the area surrounding my backyard. To my everlasting shame, I had the opportunity several times to try and actually see it but all those times my flight response won over my fight one, and I backed out.

If I had gone forward I might have had something more the circumstancial, but as is, all that happened was I heard several strange calls, heard wood knocks, and saw 'footprints' in tall grass. I wish I would have gone forward then I might have had a better story, but oh well.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Yes in 1998 three flying lizards very gargoyle like went over the top of the car I was in,this was in Lithuania.I suppose they were 4-5ft long.I have seen elsewhere on the internet other people that have seen them

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Yeah my only size reference was the tree tops as it went through and my experience. It probably wasn't anything!

Your story is interesting though. Have you seen lots of pictures of Golden Eagles? And first and second year Bald Eagles? I'm sure you know Bald eagles, from juvenile to adult since you were around them though. Those guys are both real dark and go through different plumage shades as they get older. If it was a Golden Eagle I'd imagine that's why the Bald Eagles attacked it right away, being a different species and all. But at the same time the baldies fight with each other all day where they roost, the most dominate eagles get the highest perches.

Sometimes when a medium sized bird flys over us their shadows look like a plane, not sure if you saw a shadow.
You seem pretty sure of what you saw though, but I'm just saying that Golden Eagles look massive when flying, maybe double check to see if they lived there? Interesting stuff.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Seen one? NO. Heard one? YES. It was about 20 years ago now. Me and a friend of mind, Jimmy took cover from the rain in an old abandoned barn. It was raining and getting dark so we were going to build a small fire at the barn opening (doors were gone) and spend the night there. But that was until something landed the tin roof and started to walk around. Never seen it but it was big. By the flashlight you could see the tin roof give under the weight of this thing. We were about to vent the roof but thought better of it because for one thing it might just make what ever it was mad so we left the barn in the dark and in the rain and ended up spending the night a few miles away under a brush pile while taking turns sleeping while the other stood guard. One of the scariest nights I have ever had.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
ok I have to tell you all this, last tuesday I saw what can only be described as a dragon I saw it ao the way to work it flew right over my car about 30 meters over it, it was about twicw the size of my car and its wings were huge, the woman in the car behind me lookd just as shockd as I did but she just said it must be some kinda pulicity stunt, as the dragon flew off in to the distance it seemd to stop in mid air and just get smaller till it dissapeard, Im not to botherd if you dont belive me i saw it and Im prepared for the riddicule that is bound to follw....

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sikmike620

Yeah my only size reference was the tree tops as it went through and my experience. It probably wasn't anything!

Your story is interesting though. Have you seen lots of pictures of Golden Eagles? And first and second year Bald Eagles? I'm sure you know Bald eagles, from juvenile to adult since you were around them though. Those guys are both real dark and go through different plumage shades as they get older. If it was a Golden Eagle I'd imagine that's why the Bald Eagles attacked it right away, being a different species and all. But at the same time the baldies fight with each other all day where they roost, the most dominate eagles get the highest perches.

Sometimes when a medium sized bird flys over us their shadows look like a plane, not sure if you saw a shadow.
You seem pretty sure of what you saw though, but I'm just saying that Golden Eagles look massive when flying, maybe double check to see if they lived there? Interesting stuff.

Oh definably My size measure is very close not only was there a Bald Eagle involved in my encounter but I have been up close and personnel with them on numerous occasions because I used to Live in Washington State ,And in some areas Bald Eagles hang out in the parks and on waterfronts and they aren't shy ,They will fly to within a few feet of you but I think Pelicans have a longer wing span ,any way I 've searched Bird books for years and no bird such as the one I saw is named as a known species

also I was a privilege to have seen it . I was awe struck , it didn't occur to me to be afraid of it until many years later

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
to those who have seen dragons I believe you , can you give a more detailed description?

I would love to know more, lots of people have been seeing them

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

Thanks for the reply fixer1967
Where exactly were you when this occured?
Do you have any idea of what it could of been? A bird? Something else?

Cheers

edit on 3-10-2010 by FoxMulder91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxMulder91
reply to post by fixer1967

Thanks for the reply fixer1967
Where exactly were you when this occured?
Do you have any idea of what it could of been? A bird? Something else?

Cheers

edit on 3-10-2010 by FoxMulder91 because: (no reason given)

In the woods in North Carolina is all I will say. If it was a bird you tell me what kind of bird flies at night in the pouring rain and weights in the 200-250 pound range. The way the tin roof was bending in it had to be that big is not bigger. It made no sounds or calls of any kind. The only sound was the crash landing it did on the roof about 25 feet over head and the walking it did after it landing. As to what it was your guess is as good as mine.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

I was hunting deer in the Sierra Nevada Foothills in 1975.
I was walking along a dirt road in a ravine, 30 yards from a dry creek. I heard a whoosh sound and turned back to see a bird with a 18 foot wing span flying 20 foot above the creek. (I was about the same level) It flapped it's wings about 6 times, covering 100 yards. Huge and heavy, by the sound of the wings I guess 80 to 120 pounds.

I always thought it was a condor, until I looked it up tonight.

TextCalifornia Condors' wingspan measures up to 2.9 m (9.5 ft), and they can weigh up to 10.4 kg (23 lb). The skin on the necks will vary in color, depending on the age of the birds. Adult birds' skin color can range from cream, pink, yellow, or even orange during breeding season.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tribble

I was hunting deer in the Sierra Nevada Foothills in 1975.
I was walking along a dirt road in a ravine, 30 yards from a dry creek. I heard a whoosh sound and turned back to see a bird with a 18 foot wing span flying 20 foot above the creek. (I was about the same level) It flapped it's wings about 6 times, covering 100 yards. Huge and heavy, by the sound of the wings I guess 80 to 120 pounds.

I always thought it was a condor, until I looked it up tonight.

TextCalifornia Condors' wingspan measures up to 2.9 m (9.5 ft), and they can weigh up to 10.4 kg (23 lb). The skin on the necks will vary in color, depending on the age of the birds. Adult birds' skin color can range from cream, pink, yellow, or even orange during breeding season.

oh Thank God Tribble you seen them too!! I have been searching everywhere for someone who had an accurate sighting!! Clearly they are some kind of Condor but on an unimaginable scale! Like I said I've searched everywhere the biggest raptor wing span belongs to the Harpy Eagle around ten feet ,the other candidate is an extinct South American Condor, (looks like they might not be extinct after all) stranger things have happened!

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I never truely seen anything...but...

10 years or so ago, a call came across my scanner....police in pursuit, of a car going in excess of 100mph..

It was a young kid, he claimed to be taking a leak, on the side of the "old route 66" near me, and a 7-8 foot tall hairy thing came out of the woods...with dark red hair, and stinky...

Long story short is ..after blowing his car up, no alcohol invovled, the cops let him go, but a reporter got to him soon, few days later....
the headline read...PINK AND STINKY...

We all laughed about this, and still mention it on occasion, we know exactly where this happened, and made 100's of visits over the years...to that local...

Now that your probaly laughing at me...here is my story..
10-11 pm at night...new moon..very very dark..
Me and a long time friend, that spend evenings after work, driving the old county roads, and having a barley pop..
Decided to stop at this local..."as we always do"...to re-enact the story.."we had to pee"

its a low water bridge.."water flows over it" I'm on one side of the road..he's on the other...yes its a dirt road..
Yes I admit, just being there and thinking of the "kids" ole story..gives one the willies...
I had a really strong feeling of being watched, about the time I satrted to say something to Larry, he spoke 1st "you smell that?' he asks...at first ..no I did not then it hit me like pepper mace...very musky, very very strong...made the hair on my whole baody stand on end, neither one of us is small men, and we are both CCW holders...we knelt down back to back and waited...15 mins pasted, and we heard something take off, in a dead run ..up the creek..making extremely fast progress...we both know it was not a deer...we hear them all the time and can identify the "hoof" sounds on river gravel..
So unless we were being stlked by a very stinky homeless person...."thats our conclusion"...but neither of us will ever know for sure, but that smell, was nothing like I ever smelled in all my 30 years of coon hunting at night.

As for a comparison smell....armadillo...x's 10....not skunky at all.....strongest musky scent I ever smelled..to this day..

before anyone says...why no flashlights, why did you not pursue....
If anyone has ever been deep in the ozarks in a small river bottom, its very close to the rain forest as far as folliage...even with a light, you can only see 5-8 feet, into the lush growth along the river...
oh well I rambled enuf...maybe yall will get a laugh outa this...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join