It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need to add a RED star to indicate when we seriously disagree with an OP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Ok I have just read a post that I seriously disagree with the opinion of the OP. I was typing my response and had to self edit before a MOD did with a ban!

having the pretty little blue/green stars is great when you support a thread or reply but when you don't you have to try and control oneself with careful words. A red star would allow some sort of venting without the risk of being banned!

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

While I do agree we should have a different star and maybe even different flag for disagreement, I think this is posted in the wrong spot.

Good luck on getting such an idea through though, as it has been brought up many times.

Raist

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Most ridiculous idea I have ever heard. It would serve only infantile people who choose to thwart a conversation.

However, I could do with one right now.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by L1U2C3I4F5E6R

My point exactly!

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Out of all the ideas in the world, this is certainly one of them. It is a good idea in theory, but in theory alone. It will enable people to troll without saying a word. Look at youtube, for example, they have a plus and negative ranking system. On every single video, there are dislikes, even on things that you would never guess would be disliked by anyone.

People will go around and dislike everything just for the sake of disliking it. I think this is a bad idea if it were implemented.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I think a better idea would be to constructively contributing a rebuttal to the thread, instead of whining about it.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Why not just use the icon thumb down and be done with it - I think that gets the point across.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

I kind of agree but then I also don't. I'd love to give someone's post a red star now and again but if it became the norm then every single UFO thread on this site would be red-starred to death.
And that really wouldn't be fair because UFOs are indeed very real and we'd be giving new members and visitors the wrong impression of the state of the world we live in. That would be maximum disinfo. Almost a cover-up. IMO.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Please direct any ATS issues you have to the ongoing and monitored thread ATS Issues Thread.

Or you may file a formal complaint using the ATS Complaint Form.

closed.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
In an effort to make all issues know to the owners and Admin we request you post your ideas to the ongoing:

ATS Issues Thread

Thanks for caring for ats and your thoughts on how to make it a better more user friendly site.

Closing..

top topics

join