It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA transmitted a radio signal to Gliese 581d At midday on Friday 28 August 2009

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

How will the messages be sent to Gliese 581d?
After the final message was collected on Monday 24 August 2009, messages were exported as a text file and sent to NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in California, where they were encoded into binary, packaged and tested before transmission. The resulting collection beeps and pauses (on and off radio signals) was sent back to Australia to the NASA/CSIRO Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex at Tidbinbilla. At midday on Friday 28 August 2009, the 70-metre main antenna, known as DSS43, transmitted the signal to Gliese 581d at a frequency of 7.145 gigahertz and a power of 18 kilowatts. The resulting signal, repeated twice over two hours, was equivalent to using the combined power of over 300 billion mobile phones at the same time. The DSS43 has supported many missions exploring our Solar System and beyond, including keeping in touch with the Apollo astronauts, providing two-way radio contact with the Mars Exploration Rovers, and deep-space missions such as the twin Voyager spacecraft and NASA's New Horizons probe to Pluto and the Kuiper Belt.

www.hellofromearth.net...

Weird i dont remember seeing anything in the NEWs about this at the time and i think just 6 months after SETI supposedly picked up a laser like signal from Gliese 581 they decide to send a radio signal off :S does that seem abit fishy, now fast forward to this year sept/oct and we have news of habitable planets found in Gliese 581 hmmmm oh and the UN abbassador for first contact apointed, is that not part of SETI when SETI picks up a signal to appoint a First contact abbassador at the UN, then decide if the public needs to know... well the signal is due to reach Gliese 581 in 2029.........

edit on 2-10-2010 by blobby because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2010 by blobby because: (no reason given)

MOD EDIT: Added proper EX tags. Please read: Posting work written by others.

edit on October 2nd 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
that is only one planet like earth but there are more planets like earth that is waiting to be discovered in my calendar there 15 million planets registered that looks are like planet earth coz there are 500 million sectors in the universe there are known or discovered but there are 900zillion sectors times 20 that is estimated in the universe coz the universe is divide by sectors like are solar system we are in the sector 5 in the universe are sector have 250milllion planets here are other sectors and there planets

sector 1 157million planets
sector 2 800 million planets
sector 3 150 million planets
sector 4 170 million planets
sector 6 100 million planets
sector 7 300 million planets
sector 500million 150 million planets

other planets in sector 5
greniden
phalla
turgeon
phallasix
e419
trebak
zoidnak
tronataka
bronus
armandino
franek18
darnelis
merchant
delodopine
vaneka
lica
nuptaka
nokatoto
tubahim
vultaka
like planet earth
1 trobakra
2 ubraka
3 glatorikos

this information is base of list there are classified just what the world to know that there are existing planets in the universe that looks like planet earth but light years from are sector and other sectors in the universe the list has 500 million sectors that are known but only a few that I give so that you will know the name of the planets in our sector other upper sectors our hostile but there million light years from out sector because other aliens are searching other planets for there colonies to prosper because over population of the aliens in the universe the explorer aliens are those that have bulb head figure they come from our sector 5 planet nokrapata they have colonies from other sectors in the universe to exact as of now is 1 billion sectors and still searching from more planets to live in bulb head aliens are scientist aliens there here in planet earth from science and research and exploring new things in earth they arrive in the planet earth during the dinasaur period there one of the delagates of alien that attend the convention center in atlantis the center of the world in ancient times like in
UN gatherings in the USA yes we have found some earth form planets in our sector that have forest area water terrain mountain ranges that have fish animals plantation like here in earth they got some minerals like oil diamonds that are size of our head and gold ore in our sector there are 250 million planets that are registered with there color and size features the one planets they discovered like the gliese 581g is just one planets in our sector in our sector the 10 planet to 20th planet are earth like structure and the 21st planet tothe 23th planets is like mars and mercury this is the find of the century coz we humans have a chance to colonies other planets that are population to live in like the bulb heads the have a lot of species running around the universe from planets there number are 500 species of bulb heads the color of the planets in our sector that are like earth are sky blue, blue green, green blue, brownish blue here are some facts in sector 58 400million planets the angelican planet is found here are the winged people and the ancestor of humans came from because there to races in angelican planet the winged people and the humans were the creator lives or the great one rules called by the alien humans were adam and eve came from before they arrive with the creator in the garden of eden in the bible now we called UAE i hope you guys were not shock about this findings coming from the list that is classified

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Star and flag for you, not much else to say, but seems as if events are leading up to something big. I just wish they would tell the sheeple exactly what is going on instead of this bits and pieces process that we are going through now

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
To quote Ming the Merciless

"Pathetic earthlings. Hurling your bodies out into the void, without the slightest inkling of who or what is out here. If you had known anything about the true nature of the universe, anything at all, you would've hidden from it in terror."

edit on 2-10-2010 by americanwoman because: add link

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
A frequency of 7.145 gigahertz?
I have to wonder if there is something about that frequency that makes it a better one that some other one.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Sound familiar

edit on 2-10-2010 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Came across this - well second entry on google

ipnpr.jpl.nasa.gov...

but goes above my head at this time of day.

edit on 2-10-2010 by Jamjar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Some of those messages sent are quite hilarious.
But I hope the ETs have a sense of humor, otherwise they may interpret them differently..

Send More Oil!

If you can read this you are an alien civilisation.

I welcome our new Alien Overlords! We come in peace!

Come visit Earth, just don't land in America - they don't seem to like alien visits.

Are you on Twitter or Facebook?

I think the surest sign that alien intelligence does exist is that none of you have tried to contact us yet.

Do your females have high standards? I'm not much to look at, but I feel as though I can't connect with anyone from earth.

Some useful numbers: Pi:3.1415926535, Planck's constant:6.626 × 10-34, e:2.71828183. If this is too advanced for you then bang those rocks together guys!

Wow 160 character, guess folks from other planets txt as well. Please come and save all the cute animals from humans.

Bite me aliens.

I'm 12 and what is this?

Hello, does everything on your planet taste like chicken? Have a good one, from Earth.

Did ET get home Safe?

I wonder if my brains are bigger than your brains? From Zac

No matter if you are a mushroom or just bacteria. Important is, you can read english finally...don't learn too much, the next message is going to be in chinese.

Hello from Earth, please come and visit us but watch out for Uranus!

When you visit our planet, dont forget to bring a charged mobile so that you can phone home (check to see if you have interplanetery roaming activated too!)

Hey I'm Katelyn. I just want to know what's with all the abductions? If you need a volunteer, please take my brothers! Take your pick. I thank you in advance. x

If you do not have something called ice cream then im sorry but we can't be friends.

If you have anti-gravity boots can i buy one? call me 021 880 735 willing to pay you 100cans of catfood.

"These are not the droids you're looking for."

Alien dude, need tickets to Pearl Jam.

I guess they would be very confused if not familiar with the concept of humor and earth setting

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
ALIEN MOVIES ALL OVER CABLE CHANNELS! WHY?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

I don't believe anyone has answered this for you yet...

That would put it in the same spectrum as microwave. The wavelengths are relatively compact, so they won't distort much over time.

In fact, amateur radios can operation on this spectrum, with the proper classifications. Only the 18 kilowatts would be a little tricky.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
when someone receives our message ... our civilization wont probably be here anymore

we need to find a different solution for communication ...

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Haha those messages are awesome. Will make a good impression on the aliens provided they know the vocabulary and have a sense of humour.

But regarding the OP. This is the first I've heard of this. Makes me wonder what they knew a year ago regarding this system.

Would be cool to have some close interstellar neighbours to talk to. We just need a faster means of texting them, 40 years (I think) to wait until their response is a bit too long a wait.

They obviously need to upgrade their connection plan.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I find it incredible that they show they have been lying through their teeth and don't care who knows it.

Why would they send a signal over a year ago, to a part of the sky we have been told they only just discovered that there is an Earth like World which could hold life?

It really makes no sense at all to me, and only proves they lie all the time about what they know.

UN Ambassador, revealing there is a World which is in the Goldilocks zone, Laser signals being received, and now they sent a signal to that area before they knew the Planet was there?

Does anyone remember the thread where a NASA technician told us that he and his work colleague discovered anomalies showing a signal from Mars that travelled faster than light?

If that was right, then a signal sent using that tech would not take anywhere near as long to travel to Gliese 581D as they are telling us.

IMO it looks like they may well be expecting someone or something to visit us soon.

Lets hope if they do come visit, they are intelligent enough not to fall for the rubbish our so called leaders would throw at them and us, hopefully they would want to talk and make contact through someone who is not interested in profit or control, and instead think of the Whole World instead, with intent on working out all the problems we face as a Race of beings led to destruction by greed.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I thought the whole UN appointee thing turned out to be a hoax?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

No wonder "god" wants to kill us.......

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

edit on Sun Oct 3 2010 by Jbird because: replaced oversized quote with Reply To:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
It is certainly a wonderful time to be alive here on Terra Firma. We are fast approaching the end of a long base cycle of about 26,000 years or so. If conditions are right, pollution, weapons waste and material, precious metals and gems in one or two places only.....things have to be destroyed, completely destroyed, to remix all that is Earth and cleanse the planet of all of the negativity and waste pollution. The Mother will prevail, Earth will be reborn in just 7 days, like the book says. The human race has choices to make, and they will have to make choices.
Most will go through the machine and be reborn on Earth as human beings, unaware of anything previous.
Some will stay in the higher dimension for a short time, then they will do something, or create something, that will make them "fall," back into the 3rd dimension.
Some will be able to ascend to a higher plane of existence.
All have a chance, but I have to tell you, if you wish to ascend with this cycle, there is much to learn, and much preparation to be made. I will not tell you the way, you have to find it yourself. The secret is, all is within you. Nothing is outside of you. Zero Point Reference is your point of origin, and time and space are one and the same.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
Why would they send a signal over a year ago, to a part of the sky we have been told they only just discovered that there is an Earth like World which could hold life?

Well, for starters, they were sending the signal to a different planet in the same system - Gliese 581d. This planet was discovered in 2007 and predicted to be Mars-like. This is the planet that the second was intentially intended for. The planet that has the greatest chance for harboring water and life is Gliese 591g, which was discovered last month.

Does anyone remember the thread where a NASA technician told us that he and his work colleague discovered anomalies showing a signal from Mars that travelled faster than light?

Two words: Doppler Effect.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Also, the title of this thread is misleading...

NASA was not actually the party responsible for sending the signal. It was part of Australia's National Science Week. This was not the first signal sent to the system, either - Bebo did it in 2008 too.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by blobby

... well the signal is due to reach Gliese 581 in 2029.........

How the hell is that possible? As far as I know, Gliese 581 is more than 20 light years away from us and it wouldn't take only 20 Earth years for the radio signal to reach there, more like 200 years, minimum.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenron

Gliese 581 is a red dwarf star with spectral type M3V, located 20.3 light years away from Earth in the constellation Libra.

en.wikipedia.org...
A light year is the distance that light travels in a year.
20 light years .... 20 years for the signal to get there.
The math is pretty simple.

edit on 10/3/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join