It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you encountered weird "people" appearing out of nowhere and/or disappearing into thin air?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I've heard a lot of these stories over the past decade along with disappearing and reappearing objects.

I've always wondered whether it is a dimension/alternative universe thing where people ripple through for a short while which would also answer why they 'make contact' wouldn't you if you were suddenly in an alternate place that looked the same but had changed somehow.

Also would tie in with multiverse theory i guess.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Wow, I haven't posted on here in a while. I kinda freaked out after I opened up so much, but I just finally decided to not worry about what people may have thought and just dive back into all things crazy and wonderful! Not that anyone cared...just feel like I had to say that in order to give myself permission to share more.

Anyway.....I have had crazy stuff happen almost all of my life but about 2 years or so ago, I had an old lady show up at my front door about 8am and try to get in, despite my pushing her out and my dog snarling. She wore very strange clothes and spoke with an accent (thankfully, I was on the phone with my best friend at the time who thought she sounded Indian, while I thought she sounded more German). After I got the door closed, I immediately ran to the window to see if she was in a car or was a relative of someone that lives near me...maybe suffering from dimentia or Alzheimer's. It only took me a moment to get to the window, but she was already gone. I gingerly stepped outside a few seconds later....nothing scarier than an old woman wearing lots of jewelry and puffed sleeves with gaudy gold thread...but I couldn't find her anywhere and there was no way that she could have gotten very far and no where without me seeing her. Oddly, the next day, a tall, skinny man knocked on my door and asked if I knew " Rose" or something like that. I told him " no" and he just went away..he was in a car, so it may not have had anything to do with the old lady but other things have happened so I am a bit sensitive to stuff.

She didn't dematerialize in front of me, but I can't see anyway that she could have gone away without my seeing her do so. I thought this experience might be relevant since strange clothes and language was mentioned.

Mal

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Yes, many times.

It's usually at night in a remote area with little to no cover or obstacles to hide behind.

I see them coming toward me, We say hi how ya doin? or whatever they pass, shortly after I turn around and they are gone.

It is rather creepy...

But they never appeared to be strangely dressed or anything except once, there were 4 or 6 of them walking in the water about a foot deep in two columns wearing pointy hooded robes with big baggy sleeves like monks or something and they looked really white because I could see their hands and faces in the moonlight. I was alone and it was about 0330 so I didn't go back to see what it was I just saw because it took me by surprise, but almost did.

It wasn't Halloween either.

I saw a UFO in the same area before.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Waiting2

Once while working on my daughters car, my son and I, the car fell on his leg. I was screaming for help, two people I knew came and two I have NEVER seen before nor since came. Together we lifted the car off of his leg. The two I had never seen were gone right after they put the car down. Within 10 seconds, didn't see them walk away either...

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
around 2012 i was at a greyhound station in california. while sitting in lobby full of people i notice one man who seemed to be in his late forties, he had grey in his hair and it was neatly cut and he had a mustache. he wore a dark green coverall and high socks with boots and carried with him an old suitcase something about him seemed surreal like he was a real life book character. i immediately thought this guy is an adventurer.

while his clothes were strange the colors didn't stand out as much. nothing looked like a costume either. he didn't carry himself in a way that attracted attention either. in fact i don't remember anyone but me turning their heads to look at him. he didn't disappear i just stopped looking.

my theory is that these are humans who have transcended time and space appearing in front of us. to them they are just going about business as normal their perception of reality is different from ours. they look strange because there lives are more personalized to their specific purpose or task. or maybe he was doing cosplay.
a reply to: Waiting2

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Happened continuously for a few months during a period of my life when I was having a spiritual emergency, and most of the time when I'm in an altered consciousness state.

Not saying these were nothing but hallucinations but it was definitely tied to how conscious I was. Like that moment before you fall asleep where reality and dream start to mix (hypnagogic state).

I experimented a lot of times with meditation and drugs to try to make it happen at will, and it almost made me lose my mind. Here is what I found out.

Basically hallucinations are not as much about seeing or hearing things that don't exist, as much as giving them a different significance than you would normally.

For example you could see an animal, and due to psychedelics you could "feel" like you understand how the animal feels. Your brain will then interpret this, because of the altered state of consciousness, as the animal literally talking to you. You will "hear" the animal talk, but in fact it's your brain distorting your idea that you can understand him.

I experienced things similar for months, also seeing strange people telling me mysterious things and suddenly disappearing, but also synchronicities, messages from the TV or radio, strange experience like mind over matter or prescience. With all the accumulated experience I now have the necessary feedback to understand what was actually going on, and which isn't very different from what happens during a lot of altered consciousness states (drugs, meditation, schizophrenia, psychotic break, ...).

These experiences taught me that I shouldn't take them too seriously has it was mainly me playing trick to myself through my brain, and that if you do take them too seriously they can lead you through the rabbit hole, to the wonderful world of full-blown insanity.

It was still extremely impressive as I was incapable of distinguishing these things from conscious "real" reality, AKA what we experience during our daily lives when everything seems normal.

But I did talk to a lot strange people during these experience, "angels" and "demons", telling me things about me like they knew me, stalking me sometimes (when I was afraid), or radiating love and bliss (when I was feeling well). I could also do the same and tell people things about themselves that made them feel either really uncomfortable ("how does he know this?") or really thankful and happy. I could even sometimes have prescience about things that would happen a bit later.

It was definitely cool to experience all this first hand, especially for someone who loves to investigate the paranormal, but it was also psychologically exhausting and shouldn't be tried for too long because insanity is basically that state when you can't control it anymore.

All in all, I learned a ton about myself and strange, paranormal, bizarre experiences, in that they were almost ALWAYS colored by my state of mind of the moment, influenced by what I knew or believed, and basically nothing more than "how do I interpret the things I see and hear" AKA my mind toying with me.

Almost never did I learn something that I didn't already knew or believed, it was basically 100% of the time me projecting thoughts unto the world and these thought becoming real in my mind.

It still feels mind-blowingly "real" and now I can totally understand how other feel when they experience the similar, and also how insanity works from the inside (which is the same mechanism but going overboard). That's why the line between genius and insanity is so thin, because altered consciousness under control can give us insights we would never have thought of while normal, but at the same time if it becomes a thing that does not stop, it becomes impossible to function properly in society and to tell the objective reality from the projected one.

But yes, I met my fair share of strange and mysterious people telling me freaky things and doing seemingly impossible things (and sometimes I was even that person for others), the mind is really a fascinating thing

originally posted by: duesprimusvictorimmortali
to them they are just going about business as normal their perception of reality is different from ours.

Pretty much, that's exactly how I felt and probably how I looked for the external observer. Similarly, when I met such people, it was pretty clear they were in some sort of altered consciousness too.
edit on 14-5-2014 by SpaceGoatFarts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFarts

The goal is in mastering this lucid state, being able to sort of channel it, walking the thin golden road.

That is the difference between the schizophrenic and the mystic, one swims, another drowns.

These Dark Night of the Soul type events are basically synchronistic initiations into the mysteries, ever deeper they go.

Shedding masks, mental constructs, anxieties, deep held fears, preconceived notions, breaking down our reality tunnels and ourselves, integrating ourselves as one within.

Strange things are bound to happen to a serious practitioner.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod

The goal is in mastering this lucid state, being able to sort of channel it, walking the thin golden road.

That is the difference between the schizophrenic and the mystic, one swims, another drowns.

These Dark Night of the Soul type events are basically synchronistic initiations into the mysteries, ever deeper they go.

Shedding masks, mental constructs, anxieties, deep held fears, preconceived notions, breaking down our reality tunnels and ourselves, integrating ourselves as one within.

Strange things are bound to happen to a serious practitioner.

Yes it's what I learned too. During and after these events I craved for reading more about mystical experience and mysticism in general, and I learned a lot about me and the world.

I believe the most important lessons I learned was that everything is connected (nothing is separated or alone), and that the world we experience is based on the world we imagine, on our fears and desires, on our hopes.

Basically that we mostly see what we want to see (even unconsciously), and thus, that you learn a lot about someone when they share with you how they experience this world, and the strange experience they go through.

A person dominated by fear and anxiety will see shadowy figures and demons, and feel threatened all the time. A person filled with love and joy will see beauty everywhere and meet helping people.

Based on that, and on the things I read on this site, it's clear and sad that many people on this site are still giving too much room for fear in their life
I hope they can grow out of it some day.

Edit: funny I see your "occult initiation" was a few years ago and that you are into tarot. Exactly like my path. I bet there are other similarities too, that journey is as old as ages so it's not that weird

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

In my "experimental" days, I too encountered a lot more high strangeness than I do currently now that I'm mostly "clean".
But even today, occasionally I encounter "others" that don't seem human somehow.

Is it residual bleed over from the trips or an increased awareness of the Jungian world, caused by the psychedelic and esoteric journeys.

These events always surprise me; perhaps that's the intent. Games people play....

Based on that, and on the things I read on this site, it's clear and sad that many people on this site are still giving too much room for fear in their life I hope they can grow out of it some day.

They won't....their fear and victimization defines who they are.

edit on 14-5-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

But even today, occasionally I encounter "others" that don't seem human somehow.

Is it residual bleed over from the trips or an increased awareness of the Jungian world, caused by the psychedelic and esoteric journeys.

There are many ways to achieve trance like states, sometimes without even realizing it (like for example when you are extremely concentrated or perform repetitive tasks, or plenty of other situations). It is maybe possible that when you make these experiences again you were in an altered consciousness state too, even if not willingly?

Also it's very possible that your perception of the world changed permanently during that time.

Mine certainly did as I went through the whole process of initiation, and indeed I still today experience strangeness on a regular basis. It's just not as strange now that I got used to it, and that I learned to take it less seriously. But I'm pretty sure that it could still freak out people who are not used to it if they experienced the same.

What I see the most is mainly synchronicities, on a very regular basis.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

It really has accelerated for me these last months.. things are getting out of hand, but in a very controlled fashion.
I guess you could call that 'management'.

Hope you are well and good luck on your path.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod

It really has accelerated for me these last months.. things are getting out of hand, but in a very controlled fashion.
I guess you could call that 'management'.

Hope you are well and good luck on your path.

Glad to hear that! As long as you keep taking it with a smile and a grain of salt, you are always fine.

I'm fine too. The syncs are part of the furnitures now. They don't really teach anything new excepted to remind me that everything is connected but I hardly forget it anymore. They are just cool little winks from the universe and they make me smile

The journey of self-realization and improvement is never ending, sometimes we have to go through shadows and sometimes through lights but in the end we always learn from both and it helps us find out who we really want to be.

Take care and good luck too!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Okey guys, i came here to tell my story!
Well it was summer very hot days, i was with my best friend in a place with no one there and my friend had the idea to play a track from his phone.
He told me that the track was possed,of course I laugh and i said him that he act like a child... Well the track ended and then something really weird happened.A very creepy scream heard and after that the lights fall off...
We was terrorized and we started to run to the center of city weirdly we understood that the lights was fallen only at the place where we are,exactly when the scream heard.

P.S
I will post the next part of the story with a video proof

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Yep, she was literally dressed like rainbow bright and a stoic vibe only the military could put on someone. She vanished before my eyes.

Lit a smoke while laughing to myself that maybe scotty beamed her up. When I looked up to exhale I saw my first triangle.

I would see more people like this and more triangles. I think this some fancy tech on display and them being here is akin to a vacation for them. Though they stick out like sore thumbs, wonder where a military person goes to fall out of place soo much....

edit on 17-3-2016 by wingsfan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I've had three creepy experiences with people that just set off warning bells and didn't seem right. All happened at work at a retail store at night. One was Halloween. We had just pulled into the parking lot and at the entrance exit there was this old early 1960s beat up small sedan. So the car was over 30 years old. Its lights were off and it was just sitting at the exit not making a move like the driver was making up his mind about where to go. But what was creepy was that the three people in the car were all short and had hooded sweatshirts that covered their heads and made their faces obscured under the street lights. I watched them for a minute when I parked and they just sat there. They just seemed not right. I thought maybe they were Mexicans who can be very short and dress oddly, you know with plaid shirts and baseball caps. Or maybe kids out for a joyride in a grandparents car but they seemed too creepy for either. The other time I had been checking out Ebay and had found a book written a century ago by a local doctor who had worked as an army medical officer down in Cuba and in the Caribbean. He was also a researcher into folklore and Pa german pow wow and wrote a book on " The folklore of the Caribbean Negro( or something like that). I thought it was a cool subject and I have a collection of books on local supernatural topics. I was just going to ask my brother( who also worked at the same store) if I should bid on it as it was going to be its last day that following morning. Just then an elderly black man walked by and his appearance made me stop and do a double take as it made me very uneasy. He was dressed in white, basically in painters clothing. White pants, white t shirt, white hat. He was old and extremely weather beaten. He wasn't brown skinned, but more like a gray washed out from being in the sun. And he had a stoma covering his throat. he just quietly walked through the aisle. I took that as a warning not to buy that book. Maybe there was something in it that I shouldn't read, maybe he didn't want me to buy it. I don't know if it was a warning or threatening, honestly. The other time was just three very strange kids that had very piercing eyes and all had very pale skin and seemed very thoughtful and mature for their age. They looked very similar. The oldest was a boy about 10, then a girl about 8 and then a 4 or 5 year old boy. The father with them seemed a little high strung and nervous, almost agitated about getting what they wanted to shop for and then to leave. They weren't black eyed children, just strange and quiet, all with dark hair.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Hi,
So I was googling around trying to see what had happened , and glad i found this thread. I'm glad to know i'm not alone and its ok that a man disappeared right in front of me.. The man I saw was also kind of in a costume. He had a top hat on and a black suit holding a clipboard. He was a little taller than 6 feet and thin... He caught eyes with me for 15 min ..He had walked out of my friends house down the drive way across the street and leaned down towards a car that was parked on a street. He than slid into the car without opening the door and poof gone....He seemed nice at first, but then seemed a little bothered (it was like he was mad that i was approaching his way, so i slowed down and didn't get right up to him...I was coming down the street and headed towards him because i was going to my friends house(the house he slid out of)..When he disappeared I went up to the car and looked inside.. outside and underneath the car , because i couldn't believe my eyes... It was really weird; the spot where he disappeared , it had this really still weird air different than normal air if that makes sense to anyone.....anyways when i went in my friends house i asked her who the man was that came out of her house and she had no clue what i was talking about. She said no man had been at her house ..And i told her what i had encountered outside and she kind of didn't really know what to say back to me. I don't know if she didn't believe me or just thinks I'm nuts... so i went on to tell my mom and she really did't know what to say to me either...but she believed me ... so i've been trying to figure out if i should be worried about it, but after reading these i feel better.. I sounds like someone/thing visiting, which makes me feel better, its better then not having a clue of who and what they are... especially because i was brought up catholic so they taught me to really fear this kind of stuff.. and by reading these posts these visitors don't hurt us..reply to: iamnot

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I work at a travel plaza and get thousands of people a week sometimes in a day ( I wish I was exaggerating) one day as I was changing the trash a white suv parked between the two entrances. The people dressed in business walked out and form the classic geese v. Two males one female. They entered one side while main ring their v. Feet matching as if they were marching. Without looking around, starring straight ahead they walked through my lobby only to exit through the other doors back to their suv and drove off. All while maintaining their v formation. I watched in awe at this. Couldn't put my finger on it. Why? Made absolutely no sense. That seemed very alien to me.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ConscienceZombie

maybe some people trying act strange to freak people out ?? i dont really know what aliens do but i think they would have better ways to spend their time if they were here on earth.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: dannylightning
I thought that too. People just messing with other people. I don't think their aliens. They could be never really meet one. Humans are weird.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I’m so glad I’m not alone. I literally only made an account to make this post. Today I was in the grocery store with my parents. A little girl came up to us out of nowhere and talked about how bamboos are for pandas to eat. She proceeded to talk in English. Then, she translates it in Spanish for my mom. She had pretty big blue eyes and brown beautiful healthy wavy hair. Her beauty was surreal. All of us stared at her in awe from how beautiful she was. Before she walks away she says “awe I lost my mom.” She walks away and we all start to talk about how pretty she is. Then after, she turns to the chips lane. My sister and I were going to help her find her mom, so we go after her. But this is where it gets weird. We went through the whole store (It’s a small store) and she wasn’t anywhere to be found. My sister and I looked EVERYWHERE. Then i go back to the chips section and she’s there, but that was the first place I checked. I checked the chips lane 2 times and she wasn’t there. I go up to her and ask her if she still needs to look for her mom, but she tells me she knows where her mom is. But she wasn’t and isn’t with her when she tells us this. So my sister and I walk away and we both get that weird feeling because we literally looked EVERYWHERE
there was no way she ran quickly enough for us not to catch her

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join