It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(S.H.T.F) Pick your get away Vehicle!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Picture yourself siting at home drinking a beer, cooking on the BBQ and S.H.T.F.

now you have people running over and through your fence and you cant find your keys because you locked yourself out. so now you find yourself in the crowd running from what ever....

what vehicle would you pick and why

Have fun with this one guys!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Something from the late 80s, probably Japanese, as they will have the strongest panels and if you have a small crash the car will still drive. I'd first of all try to fill up at a gas station if there's not too many people here and I'd leave as soon as it got risky.

Once on my way I'll stop and pick up whatever I see that I think would be helpful, like random panels and such to bolt onto the car for extra protection.

OR this.. 'the last of the V8s'

I'd get petrol/gas by stealing it from other peoples cars who had been in crashes and died.

edit on 1/10/10 by Nventual because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
take one of there vehicals cause it has weapons and
its got there scanners and radios so i could see whats up

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by texasoutlaw

An Australian army bushmaster 4 X 4 capable of over 100km/h with remote control turret and 7.62mm minigun,airconditioned seats 8 so I can pick up my friends and tonka tough very ied resistant.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanx77

Do you mean a police vehicle? That would be risky because they go through a lot of wear and tear and (continously stopping, speeding, revving, etc) you wouldn't be able to get it serviced every 6 months like they do. It's likely you'd encounter a problem.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Id have to get a newer suburban because it has the capacity to hold lots of people and many ways out if needed.
lots of storage and it an get you where you need to go in a hurry.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

This is my get away ride of choice for when the SHTF. Best part is after it runs out of gas, you can kill it and eat it. Hi O Silver!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Well I'd want the Orig Hummer. Just because it screams I will go wherever I want or need. The gas thing doesn't concern me and once I get to where I need to be (away from massive amounts of stupid ppl) I wont really need to go anywhere till the s#!t slides off the fan. Go Hummers!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I think I'd go for a Bell 103 or TH series. A Bell 429 would be nice, but, beggars can't be choosers if one is scavenging for a ride. If your careful during the first few lift-off's and landings you can learn to fly a helicopter safely pretty fast. As long as you have access to fuel, it's the ideal bug-out machine. You can fly below most conventional radar at excellent speeds, are not restricted to roads so you can take the shortest path to wherever you're going and of course you have vertical take-off and landing so you can drop right beside a fueling outlet. A military helicopter complete with gats and missile launchers would be nicer, but with a little mechanical skill those toys can be added "aftermarket" to almost any commercial helicopter, you'll just need to possibly find a tig or mig welder as some accessories tend to vibrate and loosen bolts. You don't want your toys dropping on the ground.

Cheers

Dave

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Dirt bike 'cause all I'll have is a backpack. And the sooner I get off the road the better. Once I'm away from civilization and roads, it doesn't matter if it runs out of gas..

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Diesel fuel type ! make your own bio fuel (easy) 4x4 wagon long range fuel 2spare tyres UhF and 27meg comms as a start.... Good Luck to all

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
After 60 seconds of deep thought; I would have to go with a farm tractor (about a 70 hp) with a front loader, pulling a 20 foot trailer. This setup allows your party to carry 2 atvs, fuel, supplies, and several armed people to the bug out location. Top speed is 20 mph but, you could clear obstacles break into buildings or even haul a hummer. Everyone loves a hayride.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
My left foot and right foot, I call them Law and Order...

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
A mountain bike would be the only sustainable mode of transportation. Forget the highways, they would be deathtraps.
If not a mountain bike then a dirt bike to get to my bug out location.
But then a horse could be a great way to go as well.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Well, assuming I had the luxury of choice, which is unlikely, I'd say definitely an older model without a computer or anything too complicated to fix if it breaks or too electronic to be impacted by an EMP.

JEEP - Just Enough Essential Parts

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I would go with a mountain bike,mini-tire pump and a patch kit. You can pretty much go anywhere and you will never run out of fuel.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by texasoutlaw
Picture yourself siting at home drinking a beer, cooking on the BBQ and S.H.T.F.

now you have people running over and through your fence and you cant find your keys because you locked yourself out. so now you find yourself in the crowd running from what ever....

what vehicle would you pick and why

Have fun with this one guys!!!!!!!!!!

a gyro-copter, simply because if it even flew, which they don't always, it would be an awesome sight...people would look up from the deadlocked highways...and what do they see?
a lone maniac struggling desperately with a gyro-copter, being rapidly pursued by a cyclone...

-B.M

edit on 1/10/10 by B.Morrison because: grammar

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I would say I already have mine
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/71c1528255c9.jpg[/atsimg]

In month Ill have twins
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/22d3ed6c5162.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Feet... No worries over traffic jams, fuel.. Not limited by roads .. Can cover ground faster and avoid detection easier.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join