It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have I filmed a ufo? Kent coast UK 30/09/10

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I was returning from a bike ride along the coast when me and my mate stopped for a drink overlooking the sea facing west when I saw this light in the sky. I watched for a while and when my friend went to use the loo I filmed it with my phone. I stopped filming as my friend ( I didn't tell him as he would have ripped the pee out of me lol) needed to get back home so its still there for all i know. I had another two mile cycle to get home so I uploaded and rode home where I am now.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Where exactly on the Kent coast did you stop and film this?

I used to live in Folkestone and I used to see similar lights from the west, It was the dungeness power station I was looking at though.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I starred and flagged you because I seriously spotted something strikingly similar on my way home from training 2 weeks ago. It looked like the orange ball in your video only with an additional smaller glowing orb beneath.

I pointed it out to some guy who was out having a smoke, and he just went "oh yeah"... In the most uninterested way possible.
So i felt pretty stupid and didn't think anything more of it.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Unfortunately the phone video does not really do it justice. Its a good phone with a good camera and video but in low light conditions its not so great. The object was pretty bright to the naked eye it would have to be to be picked up by the phone at all. I would say it was about ten miles away.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Morgil

I don't want to give my exact location away, however it was over the sea with the coast line curving around beneath it however it was very high absolutely not a building on the ground. It looked like it was about ten miles away.I would not post a video of a building this was way up in the sky. Ive seen loads of planes head on with their headlights on and this was different more orange in colour.

edit on 30-9-2010 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Hey nice vid but .. Why the england flags ? Was the object moving ?

2nd line

edit on 9/30/10 by Cookie79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
All I see is the lights along the horizon. I cannot imagine how the OP does not know this as he was filming it. Am I missing anything obvious?

Regards

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Tarifa37.....

Thank you for posting your video & your report.

Based on your video & your commentary.....

In this instance, I can't see how we can exclude a chinese lantern or similar.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Cookie79

The object was stationary and up well above the horizon. Oh the england flags are in the pub window. The pub is across the road from the sea. We often stop there on rides because its a fantastic spot to watch the sun go down over the sea.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
All I see is the lights along the horizon. I cannot imagine how the OP does not know this as he was filming it. Am I missing anything obvious?

Regards

The object was way up in the sky far above the horizon you just cant see me pan up because it was so dark.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
interesting ..im right down in the south east area and we see all manner of strange lights heading west ..they usually end up being followed by two aeroplanes ..can be quite regular ..black triangles have been seen down this way not just by myself and wife either ..ill keep an eye out later tonight

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Tarifa37.....

Thank you for posting your video & your report.

Based on your video & your commentary.....

In this instance, I can't see how we can exclude a chinese lantern or similar.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

I have seen china lanterns before. This was about ten miles away stationary and not flickering. To me it looked far more substantial than a lantern. To give you an idea it appeared to look about the same size as Jupiter does at the moment but of course that was behind me in the east. Not sure what it was. I wished I was in my car because i carry binoculars in there and my sony handy cam with 40X optical zoom. Why do you always see these thing when you've only got a phone with you. I am sure there is a logical answer just not sure what it was at the moment. It was just too far off to tell.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

Originally posted by paraphi

Regards

The object was way up in the sky far above the horizon you just cant see me pan up because it was so dark.

Hi,

Can you give some estimate of the elevation from the horizon?

Also, can you state the exact location you were when you saw this object?

Regards,
Jim.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Slippery Jim

The object was far off and I would guess 90 deg above the horizon there was coast line to the left but this object was out over the water and well above the coast far off in the distance. I followed the coast down to find the helicopter that was flying by. I was on the southeast coast looking west towards isle of sheppey.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
reply to post by Slippery Jim

The object was far off and I would guess 90 deg above the horizon there was coast line to the left but this object was out over the water and well above the coast far off in the distance. I followed the coast down to find the helicopter that was flying by. I was on the southeast coast looking west towards isle of sheppey.

90 degrees above the horizon would make it directly overhead! want to re-evaluate that?

Line 2, because I can

edit on 30-9-2010 by Conon because: added further profound comment

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Conon

Sorry more like 45 deg

edit on 30-9-2010 by tarifa37 because: I am completely knackered after long day at work followed by 15 mile bike ride and filming a ufo? going to bed now.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Tarifa37.....

This was about ten miles away

How do you know "this was about ten miles away"?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
At first glance I would say chinese lanterns, we get loads of the buggers over Canterbury which is nearish you if I remember rightly

However if you said it was stationary, then I don't know. Perhaps get a clip of the same location during daylight hours for comparison?

- Phoenix

edit on 30/9/2010 by phoenix_zephyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Hey im in south essex not too far away from the dartford crossing, hard to tell what your filming but im not going to totally right you off and start ripping the s*** out of you for posting the video. Im always looking in the sky hoping to see something. You say it was out to the west, im not saying it was an aeroplane but where i am in essex, the air space is a major holding pattern for Heathrow airport, im always seeing planes coming in to join the holding pattern. Im just saying this becuase you have Gatwick airport in Surrey so maybe its aircraft coming in from the west to join Gatwicks holding pattern or approach paths. Im just guessing here i could be completely wrong. Good attempt at the video though i can understands everyone eagerness to get a really good video of something one day ..
good job im not going to slate you at all for trying to capture it

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

41 Years of looking at things and judging distance, I Could be wrong but it seemed that type of distance to me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join