It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity does not allow for the existiance of alien lifeforms - despite the attempts to promote

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Despite some churchs comments to the contrary...for what purpose I can only imagine...maybe hearalding the NWO, looking to the UN to represent us as a global community, more than likely to appeal to a new generation in a vie to fill pews...just another tool to distort Gods purpose.

I propose that the human race is the first sentient species in the universe.

And if there is going to be any going out into the universe and spreading DNA that will be our purpose.
I base this statement purely on my bible based beliefs.

My beliefs do not discout the possibility of other life, or creatures. I will try to be as specific as possible.
I am talking sentient lifeforms aware and with conscience.

This belief is based in the teaching that (John 3:16) "God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son" (1 Peter 3:18) "Why, even Christ died once for all time concerning sins"

The main focus is the that the Christ died once...and that God sent his firstborn to redeem us...basic christian stuff right. ( Romans 6:10)“died with reference to sin once for all time.”

And many reading this are thinking..."yeah duh, and all christians think aliens are demons so what?"

I guess this threads purpose is to clear up the conspiracy(oh yes it is) that leads some who claim belief in Christ, to also think there could be aliens. This is a contradictory idea.

I used to think there was the possibility that, after God created his first children the angels, and then took to creating us, that he had plenty of time since then to work on other creations.

But...I wasn't taking two things entirely seriously...the issue of Gods sovereignty, and the sacrifice of his Son to allow us the opportunity to grow the perfection he originally intended for us.
Briefly....Gods sovereignty, that was challenged in the garden of eden by Satan...this issue was brought up infront of all the spirit creatures...basically everybody was watching...and man failed. So out of love God gave his first creation, sent him to Earth, had to watch him suffer at the hands of man, so that after this argument is settled there would be a balancing that would allow us, as I just said, to become perfect and have the potential to live forever.
Gods only going to do that once.

It is inconceivable that God would continue to create perfect creatures with free will, to just have his right to rule questioned again. This must be settled once and for all first. In my mind I can easily imagine that maybe after we are mature and recognize his authority and Satan is removed, maybe with our maturity will come the responsibility to spread out and enjoy the rest of his creation...his ever expanding univers with limitless potential paradises. Who knows.

But, based on the need for the resolution to the question of Gods sovereignty, and that He had to give His first creation as a repurchaser/redeemer/ransom sacrifice, it is inconceivable that He would have moved on and continued creation of sentient lifeforms in this universe.

Why always the attempt to ignore basic bible truths and be popular.
abcnews.go.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
what if the angels
are actually aliens?

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by 19872012

As a person who is not a Christian; I doubt the Angel(s) were intended to be alien life. The authors of the books in the Bible didn't write about UFOs and what not. They wrote about heavenly beings. Angels are far different then Aliens in a spaceship. To me that's how I see Angels are not Aliens.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

As a person who is not a Christian; I doubt the Angel(s) were intended to be alien life. The authors of the books in the Bible didn't write about UFOs and what not. They wrote about heavenly beings. Angels are far different then Aliens in a spaceship. To me that's how I see Angels are not Aliens.

But Aliens are to our perspective, "heavenly".

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Well....then they are not aliens are they...I intend to be clear...The bible is clear that angels are spirit creatures.
There is also the fact that in the bible angels have taken human form.
Still angels...
The point being made is that God after first creating the angels and then man would not have created 'other' sentient lifeforms.
Now...I'm all for the demons posing as aliens idea if thats what you meant.
Wouldn't that really be something.

Demons pose as aliens after most of the planet is looking for them...and they say...'oh, by the way it was us that made you way back then...'
Best deception ever.

edit on 30-9-2010 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: to add a word

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

thats because each one have its unique perspective over everything

you can interpret that everything written on the bible was an attempt to explain something they couldnt

nowadays a flying cross would be an UFO ... you get the logic right?

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

I do see where you're coming from. But to me the authors intended to write about Angels in a more metaphorical statement then alien beings in a space ship.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcouncil=wisdom
Despite some churchs comments to the contrary...for what purpose I can only imagine...

It is inconceivable that God would continue to create perfect creatures with free will, to just have his right to rule questioned again. This must be settled once and for all first.

But, based on the need for the resolution to the question of Gods sovereignty, and that He had to give His first creation as a repurchaser/redeemer/ransom sacrifice, it is inconceivable that He would have moved on and continued creation of sentient lifeforms in this universe.

This issue of how Chrisitians and the Church resolve the ramifications of intelligent Alien life into scripture.

The truth is this is not possible. The bible is pretty clear that God has great interest in man, and man is the center of creation. This does not make sense if there are space-faring being with vastly more intelligence and technology. This would mean God is almost a liar. Keeping these things secret.

This God, the God of truth, is also a communicating Being. Through various channels, He has revealed Himself and His purpose. But the climax of His Revelation has come in the person of His Son, Jesus the Savior. Did Jesus visit numbis-5? What! no?

Also consider biblical truths. Creation. What happens when Aliens state the Universe was not made in seven days, there was no garden of eden, humans were a result of their experiments etc. How will the Church respond with this heresy? They want to be the first to make contact in order to make deals no to say anything that would rock the boat and keep themselves with whatever authority they have left.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
well sorry jesus i guess you were a complete lie

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

thats because each one have its unique perspective over everything

you can interpret that everything written on the bible was an attempt to explain something they couldnt

nowadays a flying cross would be an UFO ... you get the logic right?

Yep...and now two millenia later and thousands of translations later...some church leaders willingly overlook basic bible teachings to popularize their religion...looking to tweak visions like Jehovah's throne/chariot in Ezekiels vision...good stuff like the colum of smoke/pillar of fire the isrealites followed during the exodus...and don't forget the ascension of Jesus...on a beam of light right. These are prime for the plucking of those that would attempt to say that the bible doesn't refute the possibility of aliens.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to igor_ats
"Also consider biblical truths. Creation. What happens when Aliens state the Universe was not made in seven days, there was no garden of eden, humans were a result of their experiments etc. How will the Church respond with this heresy? They want to be the first to make contact in order to make deals no to say anything that would rock the boat and keep themselves with whatever authority they have left."

Oh....thats why the Pope should be the UN ambassador to the aliens then huh? The fix is in I'm telling ya

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 30-9-2010 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: added link to who should represent UN to aliens thread...pope is listed several times good stuff there for sure

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I wouldn't go around quoting the bible

Since it was translated wrong to begin with

Chronicle Project showing correct Bible Translations

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

edit on 30-9-2010 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: removed post, as I fell for the troll...I hate it when that happens.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I'm a bit confused by the OP?

It refers to man as the first creation and yet contradicts itself by calling angels the first creation. So which is it? Did angels come first or man?

If angels came first that would support the fact that god had already created a being before man making us not so special as we often think we are. In fact Angels would be more special you would think because they are closer to God in terms of the fact they actively go out and do his will where as not many men do.

Saying man is the only sentient being he created would also be false throwing Angels in the mix. Angels where sentient by all accounts and had free will up until some of them defied him. The defiance is a clear indication that they had free will because if they didn't they would never have been able to go against the grain and turn against their creator.

Of course by most accounts because of their defiance the perpetrators where cast out and the rest were punished by having their free will/sentience strip from them. Much like man was punished for his defiance and cast out of the Garden we however where not striped are sentience guessing because we were tempted by outside forces not because we did it all of our own free will (peer pressure you could say was mans mistake).

Demon's, Devil's, and Satan as some you put it could also be classified as yet another sentient being. Some might believe they are fallen angels so there for can't be classified as a separate being. Yet if you take Satan the snake if you want to call him that he seemed to be a separate entity or being from angels that had free will to defy God. His punishment was the removal of his legs and required to slither on the ground for all eternity and more than likely removal of its free will. It always made me wonder if Satan had been angel posing as a snake why punish the snake for a crime it did not commit? To me it always rang clear that satan was not an angel but another being all together punished for the part it played.

As for Demon's and Devils if they are fallen angels they still would seem to have free will to do whatever cruel thing they can think of. The ability to punish us for what they have done to themselves. I have tendency to believe they are separate beings all together another one of God's creations that defied him and where punished but fail to take blame for what they did to be punished so they blame others and take it out on other creations.

I could even go into Hybrid beings like the nephilim which are mentioned a few times in one instance as the giants from Canaan. All and all it seems pretty clear to me at least if there is a Devine power (I say if because I have always been on the fence.) it created more than one sentient being so what would stop it from creating more? It also allowed hybrids to exist between beings and even itself if you believe in a messiah.

All of the creations mentioned in the Old Testament seem to have their flaws and draw backs that seem to stem from the ability of free thinking. Disagreements on how situations should be handled because of divided opinions on what was what. Some of the beings got striped of the ability others did not but to me I have to ask why would he stop at man? God had already created beings before us and if we are created in God's image whatever that maybe thinking like a man we don't stop creating art just because we think we made the perfect piece of it. We keep creating trying to make something better to out do what we have already created. We might be or have been the perfect piece of art but why stop at us? Why not try again and again to fix the flaws we have? Perfectionism and Dedication to what one does best to strive and do better to benefit the ones goals.

edit on 30-9-2010 by OWoutcast because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by OWoutcast

I tried to be clear...we are the first physical sentient beings. I did say angels were created first.
And you are totally correct, the angels had fee will as well....and for a very long time they were content to accept the original Creators authority...but as the story goes, once mankind was created the desire for power crept into the Devil..
I don't find this contradictory...the rebelion of Satan...and of man, went hand in hand.
And...thats why the issue must be resolved before any other sentients would be created...

Another way of looking at it...if God had already created another planet with intelligent life, then when in the garden of Eden when His authority was questioned...then the other intelligent physical beings who were living harmoniously and loyally under God’s rule would have been brought forth to testify that Gods rule is good.

And we may become those individuals after this issue is settled. Thus making us eligible to be the first..physical sentient beings to inhabit and explore the univers.

So for christians to ascribe to the idea that an alien race is not a deceptive group trying to lead them away from Gods rule...well, it would truly be detremential to their role as being subjective to Gods Kingdome right?

ETA
By the way...I like your artist analogy...continueing to create in pursuit of perfection. Well, according to the bible we were created perfect, and that included free will....Nothing would please the creator more than for us to chose to recognize him in his proper position. So...really, in regards us, we are still in His creative process...He provided the means by wich we can become perfect...were a work in progress!

edit on 30-9-2010 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Well, Islam does:

And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the living creatures that He has Scattered through them.
And He has power to gather them together when He wills.
- Qur'an, 42:29

First part: Alien life.
Second part: Encounter.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

If you believe in Jesus, you believe in aliens - an alien means "from somewhere else".

Also, angels - and if you believe in Jesus it follows that you believe in angels.

Also, if you believe and Jesus, you believe in God - also an alien.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

I propose that the human race is the first sentient species in the universe.

I propose that unless you've been to every single planet at every single moment in the last 13.7 Billion years, that you are full of excrement. And if you have been to every planet all the time, well then you ARE God. In which case I imagine I have to stop being an atheist and start worshiping you.

I base this statement purely on my bible based beliefs.

Is that the same Bible that proposes that outer space is filled with water and that there's a dome called the Firmament separating "the waters above from the waters below"? The same Bible that proposes that Donkey's can talk and that the "windows of heaven" can open up to create a world wide flood?

So where in the Bible does it mention being able to get into space... I can think of only one reference, and that was the Tower of Babel, and even that just talks about the sky/Heaven, not what is beyond it. There's nothing in the Bible about going into space but you're right, there is a part about being fruitful and multiplying.

My beliefs do not discout the possibility of other life, or creatures. I will try to be as specific as possible.

I certainly hope not, because then where would the angels fit in? And the living creatures that Ezeikel sees in a wheel within a wheel? And the living creatures that bow down before the throne forever and ever. And the dragon in Revelation... Certainly none of those are from Earth.

that he had plenty of time since then to work on other creations.

I see no problem with this idea. After all if your God actually exists and is truly timeless, has existed always and will always exist, than who's to say what he's spent eternity doing while YOU weren't around? I certainly don't think any human being is an authority on what God spends his time doing.

Gods sovereignty, that was challenged in the garden of eden by Satan

Another Christian who thinks the serpent was Satan. Re-read Genesis. Not once does it mention Satan being the snake. In fact it specifically identifies the serpent as a serpent and says it was the "craftiest" animal God had made. The interpretation of it being Satan has no scriptural basis in Genesis.

and man failed

God leaves a dangerous tree that could ruin his plans in the middle of a Garden where he's placed two people who have no knowledge of good and evil who he expects to still obey him despite this handicap AND God happens to be absent when a very persuasive snake gets it into his head to start hocking fruit... and its MAN who fails.

to just have his right to rule questioned again

Which part of Genesis has Yahweh's right to rule being questioned again?

it is inconceivable that He would have moved on and continued creation of sentient lifeforms in this universe.

Seeing as how the existence of your God is, by definition, logically impossible, I don't think it smart to be attaching limits to a God who is supposed to be limitless... Especially if you're going to base your assumptions on a misinterpretation of an ancient book written primarily by nomadic animal herders.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Pssst X-wisdom, this is strictly between you and me.

We, the top echelon of 'scammers united' (exoterically known as the very old 'New World Order'), are very concerned about your present activities. You are making scamming too obvious.

When you took your oath and became initiated into the brotherhood of scammers, you knew, there were some procedures to follow. Never let the marks suspect what's going on.

You've broken that rule. Repent, make good or else.... You'll be taken away from the sunny side of the street.

We'll now make an analysis of your character profile. And should it turn out, that you're just a zombie after all, men in black will be around soon to bring you in for reconditioning. The first one doesn't seem to function.

Does this make sense to anybody? Well, ...scamming is not supposed to make sense.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Cannot help but notice, you say:
The main focus is the that the Christ died once...and that God sent his firstborn to redeem us...basic christian stuff right
Why His "firstborn"? If the great bachelor in the sky only has one son for one planet, then why point-out his birth order?
Besides that, isn't God and Jesus the same substance or thing according to the Trinity?
He could incarnate or be born again anywhere in the universe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join