It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

~~~Alert~~~FBI Fear Mongering~~~Alert~~~

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
FBI releases video of simulated Times Square Bombing attempt. So, since the bomb did not work and does not help with the whole fear, problem, solution scenario, the FBI thought it would be helpful to create a bomb videotape it and send it out on the net.

Talk about complete propaganda technique, I mean is anyone falling for this crap anymore?

Article-FBI Releases Video of Times Square Bomb Simulation

Snippet-

The FBI has released a video showing the detonation of a prototype of the failed car bomb set off in Times Square in May, and had the device been made correctly, its end result would have been "devastating," officials said Tuesday.

Faisal Shahzad, who has admitted to planting the car bomb in a parked SUV on May 1, told investigators that he believed the car bomb would have killed about 40 people.

Follow NBCNewYork on Twitter

In the video released by the FBI, the Bureau's Operational Technology Division sets up tests in a field in Osceola Mills, Pennsylvania on June 29, 2010. The explosive tests involve a 1993 Nissan Pathfinder stuffed with 250 pounds of ammonium nitrate and diesel fuel, along with three 25-pound propane tanks and two 5-gallon gasoline containers.

Taken from various cameras, and even shown slow motion, the FBI video reveals that the explosion would have been quite large -- almost certainly enough to kill scores of people in crowded Times Square.

I mean, who the hell do these people think we are? Homer Simpson?

We have all heard about the Obama Admin and the FBI calling for surveillance of everything on the net now. Do these people actually think that we are this frelling forgetful? I have heard folks in the grocery store talking about this crap now. Do you think they are stepping up their fear mongering?

Another part, what are they going to do next, show all the vulnerable areas in the US again? Hoping someone gets through the southern border?

As we all heard Obama say, we could absorb another terrorist attack. Hell, it would be good for us, that way all the new security measures can be justified.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
They have to keep the fear up to continue the illegal/immoral wars around the world... And to keep the u.s public enslaved... The real terrorists are all in d.c and tel aviv...

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

It is a way to control the masses. I do not think that this will end soon, or ever for that fact.

I am starting to feel more and more like a pawn on this earth, like a puppet, controlled by a few.

VVV

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

The FBI is just taking a page from your playbook endisnighe, are you just jealous? If you have a copyright on baseless fear mongering, it probably would be in your best interest to advertise as such. That way there's no confusion.

Actually the FBI does this a lot, it's part of the investigation. They did it with the OKC bombing, and others to show exactly the kind of yield the bomb would give, splash pattern, etc...

But don't worry, I am sure that if you contacted them and present your copyright information they will write you a formal apology and they probably won't do it again.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

jesus. haha. if i didn't know any better i'd think this was an onion article. i thought one of the motives of terrorists was to shock us into fear and submission. doesn't this exercise of scaring the sh** out of us with simulated attacks kinda accomplish that goal also?

great find! s and f.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Thanks for the comments everyone, even the self righteous amongst us.

Notice also the coverage of the college student committing suicide after people illegally placed surveillance in his room to sneak shots of sexual activity.

Hmmmm, better allow the FBI and the Obama admin to watch everything on the web, so they can catch these folks doing it.

Oh wait, they were caught. Nevermind, it must be for something else.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

This is an illogical (and very huge) leap of...well, illogic.

You are attributing a "motive" to the FBI in this, where none exists, as asserted. I mean....come on!! I doubt there's any person in the Western Hemisphere who hasn't seen a Hollywood disaster movie, and doesn't realize (merely from THOSE examples) what a bomb can do!! Yes, it's Hollywood Hype in most cases, but there are other real-life examples as well.

Mythbusters TV show, for instance. And many others.

At least, I hope there are more sane and rational people out there who intuitively comprehend this already. Such a silly way to try to demonize, where none exists. Paranoia at its ultimate......

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I saw that video on the today show too and thought, are you serious? We are spending tax dollars to make simulation videos of what they think an explosion might have looked like, then we're calling that NEWS?

Total propaganda.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Tell me then, what logical PURPOSE does the demonstration represent?

Also, what logical PURPOSE does showing it on damn near every MSM channel represent?

Answer those two questions.

And I am talking LOGICAL, not some wild ass theory.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Apparently they haven't had anything really blow up recently, so they figure we need a little jolt to stoke the fear fires. We have to have our daily dose of "they're coming to get you", don't ya know. If they can't deliver the real good, well, faking it is just as good, eh?

edit on 30-9-2010 by Cherryontop because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I don't know how they can live with theirselves calling it a failed car bomb?

It was completely non-explosive fertilizer, still in the bags, not combined with an accelerant. Even if they would have mixed it appropriately and used the appropriate accelerators, it was still the wrong fertilizer.

Then it was cans of gasoline ignited with laymen's methods.

This was in no way, shape, or form, a "bomb."

Then, they had the audacity to claim he was connected to international terrorist organizations? RIDICULOUS!!

FBI, you should be ashamed of yourselves!

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Yeah, I think the M 100s I set off this past July 4th, had more possibilities for devastation, then this nutcases failed attempt.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

You are attributing a "motive" to the FBI in this, where none exists, as asserted.

I disagree. I think that the United States government has decided that there aren't enough people hiding under their beds anymore and will do anything to get them back under there and have them shaking like a leaf.

The amount of fear mongering that I am witnessing in the U.S. press is unbelievable and cannot understand how you people believe it.

The paranoia that is going on in your country is just insane. Literally insane.

in my opinion........

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Fear mongering and 9/11 won Bush his re election, taking into consideration that congress will be lost to Democrats in November and the presidency to Obama next elections the present administration is doing everything to find a way to cash out on fear mongering, after all it did an excellent job for bush.

The sad part is that, many Americans will fall for it as usual.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Like I said before, the FBI often re creates bombs in order to further investigations. They have re created a lot of bombs before to understand exactly what was used, and to prove undeniably what kind of chemicals were in the bomb.

They test these bombs at bomb ranges and they blow them up.

But to the overly paranoid and the people who like to spread fear like endisnighe here, they see some sort of paranoid fantasy in anything that the government does.

Now you want to bring in the kid that posted online where everyone could see that he was going to kill himself as proof? Really? His supposed friend publicly humiliated him and you want to attribute it to a government conspiracy?

How terrifying your life must be. How horrifying the world must be to you. I can't see how living in constant terror of everything is good in any way, but hey, that's just me, if living in total horror of your own shadow is something that makes you happy, then I guess to each his own.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

And lets not forget the suspicious event at UT-Austin where a masked gunmen was dropped off from a black SUV, possibly had another accomplice, started randomly shooting at the same time as a scheduled pro-gun talk, took special care to avoid all the easy victims and instead only shot at the ground and some buildings, and then for some reason, even though no one had been injured, his identity was not compromised, and his crimes were relatively minor, he still killed himself?

I think the fear-mongering protocol moving ahead at full speed.

I am only an amateur conspiracy theorist, and I actually like most of the government, but the Times Square thing being connected to International Terrorism, and the UT shooter being an independent crazy are both way too much for me to swallow!

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

So everything you mentioned about creating the bomb and blah blah blah has what to do with them giving the video to the MSM?

Answer the questions.

What logical purpose does creating the bomb that FAILED to go off?

What logical purpose does releasing the video to all the MSM fear mongering stations?

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

The FBI is not the GOP. The GOP is not in power in the Administration or Congress. How does this video release get pinned on the GOP? You said yourself that they already have the momentum to take over Congress this fall, and this video will be forgotten before 2012. Your post doesn't make any sense.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

What logical purpose does creating the bomb that FAILED to go off?

It's an investigation, they want to see if everything worked what would have happened. It is evidence in trial.

What logical purpose does releasing the video to all the MSM fear mongering stations?

People LOVE explosions. Really, they do. Of course it terrifies people like you, but hey, not all of us are scared of our own shadows.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I am going to state here that the Repub Admins used fear mongering and now the Dem Admin is using fear mongering.

So, let us get down to brass tacks.

What is the difference between the Dem and Repubs again? Oh they are on opposite sides of the two headed coin.

So, maybe we should start electing folks that are calling for small and Constitutionally limited government.

Ermkay?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join