It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN plan for 'alien ambassador' a case of science fiction?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

UN plan for

www.guardian.co.uk

Finally an email from Othman herself would have prompted our Martian to trudge back to his spaceship. "It sounds really cool but I have to deny it," she said of the story.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 29-9-2010 by Brahmanite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
With all the rumors flying around about the story in the Sunday Times I thought some people would find this interesting.

As intriguing as the recent story about the UN appointing an "alien ambassador" is apparently the person that was "appointed" is saying this is not true. She is going to be speaking at an upcoming event, but she has not been appointed.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I think its more fun to think she took the job...

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Maybe tptb was testing reactions and got a credible newspaper to roll with it. Either that or someone is getting fired for not following journalistic integrity on the story.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
i see it as an example of
soft disclosure.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Soft disclosure? What disclosure? This story is saying that it was all false.

Hardly disclosure.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Just to clarify...

Is the position of "Alien Ambassador" itself just a rumor?
Or, is the naming of the person to fill this position the only rumor?

Is it that the position doesn't exist at all, or just that the Malaysian astrophysicist isn't the one to fill the position?

If the position officially exists but is empty, in my mind, that is just as significant as if it were filled.
Thanks to anybody who can find some confirmed info/answers.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
My understanding is that the position does not even exist. The article I posted states that the Sunday Times reporters took available information out of context and then assumed too much about what they had heard. They essentially jumped to conclusions regarding the information they were given.

"As head of the UN's Office for Outer Space Affairs (Unoosa) Othman would be the "nearest thing we have to a take me to you leader [person]", Prof Richard Crowther, from the UK Space Agency, told the Sunday Times."

That was the statement that was taken out of context.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Hehe, and when going to the other thread, the first page is FILLED with hardcore believers basically saying the same thing, with a TON of stars.

-"Where are the debunkers now? See, I knew disclosure was coming. This is proof enough that the government has known all along, and they're now preparing for disclosure, blah blah blah" .

edit on 30-9-2010 by TravisT because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join