It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drenched Mexico hillside collapses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Drenched Mexico hillside collapses

news.yahoo.com

Oaxaca state Civil Protection operations coordinator Luis Marin said 100 people were confirmed missing, but Oaxaca Gov. Ulises Ruiz told the Televisa television network 500 to 1,000 people could be buried.
At least 100 homes were buried, and residents who made it out have had no success in digging out their neighbors.
"We have been using a backhoe but there is a lot of mud. We can't even see the homes, we can't hear shouts, we can't hear anything."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.youtube.com
www.youtube.com

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
its a coincidence that these months we have several aluds in various parts of the world? hills and mountains crumbled or sliding.
We know they are a result of the massive rains and floods have been occurring because of changes in climate. But are occurring frequently, is starting something that we do not know?
Just last month a stunning landslide in a village called Messina at Italy, today we have this in Mexico and also one in Colombia today in Antioquia. More relative links are below.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
ups i forget the link of the last month hillslide from Messina Italy.

you can see it here.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about yet another mud slide, thank you for including the Italy video from last month.

My heart and prayers go out to people in Mexico affected by this.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by zaper

I don't think that one happened a month ago. I saw it quite some time ago on youtube...I think it's the same one as this:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Here is video footage of this slide as it happened

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the video Hellmutt, our technology today is amazing, I saw one mudslide in the Oakland Hills, in Oakland,Ca. in the mid nineties, not anywhere near this scale but many homes were lost along Skyline Drive, don't remember any loss of life. Actually knew someone who lost their home in that slide.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by zaper

I don't think that one happened a month ago. I saw it quite some time ago on youtube...I think it's the same one as this:

www.youtube.com...

it seems similar footage. I was googling and omg messina is often place of hillslides (2009, 2008), even there is a prophecy, a curse of the mountain to the village.
I think that landslide was in Feb this year, yes.
Thanks for the correct date Wookiep

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Here is video footage of this slide as it happened

amazing footage, we can see the people being dragged, its terrible. What is the link source?

And yes, it was at morning as clock is showing, most of the people was sleeping yet.

Buried alive, sleeping.

new topics

top topics

join