It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Ten Commandments influenced from The 42 Principles?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Who ever is a fan of history, skepticism, religion, and what not. Should know there are similar beliefs out there. How ever you believe all these people have the same beliefs is up to you. It's mind blowing to think about it.
Just now I came across the The 42 Principles of Ma'at, the Goddess. Which is very, very similar to the Bibical Ten Commandments.
www.perankhgroup.com...
www.aerobiologicalengineering.com...
blackrevolution.net...

I. Thou shalt not kill, nor bid anyone kill.
II. Thou shalt not commit adultery or rape.

A lot these sound similar to the Ten Commandments starting off.
www.the-ten-commandments.org...
(This time I'm using a Christian site)

6 “You shall not murder.
7 “You shall not commit adultery.

These two sound like these

XXVIII. Thou shalt not take God's name in vain.
XXIX. Thou shalt not despise nor anger God.

2 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.
3 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

Tell me I'm not seeing plagiarism here! I would like to see what you guys think about this.
I believe people who created the Jewish religion copied these commandments.
Take a look at the links and judge for yourself!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Well we all know the Christian Bible and the ten commandments within them are borrowed and tweaked from other religions.

But this quote below really gets my mind going... Maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them.

What is in the earth? Some other race? Same goes for the rest... Just seems a bit off to me.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

shhhh, don't tell anyone, but some of the biblical patriarchs were pharaohs. the pentateuch (first five books of the old testament bible) were written by a hyskos shepherd king descendant, a habiru (hebrew) who was named after pharaoh ahmose I. that person, named moses (and variant hebrew spellings) told the story of creation shared between both mesopotamia and egypt.

furthermore, biblical nimrod was the akkadian enmerkar and the egyptian narmer, founder of the pharaonic line. when he passed, he became the first osiris.

oh the things you learn on ATS.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

OMG!!! Thank you so much. You are Jesus returned! Thank you!
Thank you again lol.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Thank you! But I don't believe in Jesus.

2nd

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
you gonna research what i said ?
i think you'll find it interesting. mesopotamia and egypt were intimately related.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Yeah, after class is over.
I have seen numerous blogs like this before though.
Persia, Greece and Rome also have huge influence.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

2 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.

So why is it that the Vatican is baptise these Evil Annunakis coming from heavens?

3 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

And what name might that be? "The one and only"; many religions have taken out of text the name of our God JEHOVAH! That's the reason why people dosen't know our God cause of this text manipulation.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BIONICLE ALEX

You're incorrect!
en.wikipedia.org...
God comes in many names and all those namse have been use. Research your religion better!
atheism.wikia.com...

Most religious interpretations of the Bible do not acknowledge the man-made and changing nature of God their scriptures describe, and therefore ascribe a permanent nature and character to the figure. This is a simple error, one easily corrected by a critical analysis of the text in light of modern linguistic, literary, and historical methods. Unfortunately, even those who accept this analysis too often justify the made-up morality instead of condemning it, and refuse to concede that the fictitious elements include God himself. At the end, then, the God of the Bible is a god created in the image of the writers who wrote of him, and carries with him all their moral failings and their ignorance.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

It seems like some of those affirmations from the Book of the Dead are being stretched pretty far in order to match up to the Ten Commandments.

For example,

I have not scorned any god. >>>> You shall have no other gods before me.

Those are not equivalent statements at all! In fact, the Commandment is quite the opposite. If you have no other gods before the Hebrew god, you must necessarily be scorning other gods.

So, the title of the blog post is rather misleading as the Commandments are clearly not a "copy" of the Book of the Dead.

It is, however, rather interesting how the Book of the Dead seems to be reflecting a much more 'advanced' morality (from a human standpoint) than anything in the Hebrew law.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

You're incorrect!
en.wikipedia.org...
God comes in many names and all those namse have been use. Research your religion better!
atheism.wikia.com...

Most religious interpretations of the Bible do not acknowledge the man-made and changing nature of God their scriptures describe, and therefore ascribe a permanent nature and character to the figure. This is a simple error, one easily corrected by a critical analysis of the text in light of modern linguistic, literary, and historical methods. Unfortunately, even those who accept this analysis too often justify the made-up morality instead of condemning it, and refuse to concede that the fictitious elements include God himself. At the end, then, the God of the Bible is a god created in the image of the writers who wrote of him, and carries with him all their moral failings and their ignorance.

And you know the name of the writer of that book? can you please tell us who it is so we can educate people?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
For the Illuminati, The Masons, and The Vatican doesn't mater if you believe in what is in the bible cause all these other religions go by what the bible predicts, you don't believe me?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Sure, I would tell you plagiarizer the Talmud and the Christian Bible.
It doesn't take a whole lot to see all the Bible is fake like other works.
Like creation myths.

The Bible's similarities with Egyptian, Greek and Babylonian mythology are too close to be a coincidence. The writers weren’t isolated from other cultures and they didn’t get their ideas by sitting on some mountaintop meditating with God; they borrowed ideas from their neighbor's creation myths. The technical term is called called syncretism.

www.usbible.com...
You have to think about what these authors were trying to accomplish here. They wanted to use the outside influence as a form of control.
www.hennessy.id.au...
Man created God in his own image.
www.livescience.com...
There are so many Gods and there all alike. Even the Goddess.
You ought to know the Bible has numerous contradictions in it as well.
thethinkingatheist.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

What does the Bible predict? False hope, lies, etc. The list goes on and on.
www.freethinkersbooks.com...
www.messiahtruth.com...
www.messiahtruth.com...
faithskeptic.50megs.com...
I'm going to continue to post more just to pour salt in your wound.
aigbusted.blogspot.com...
www.usbible.com...
www.usbible.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

thing is, the egyptians intermarried royals and such from other cultures and nations. there's no way to say who took what from where.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

That's true. But it doesn't make God or any other Holy being true. Think about it! Where are these God(s) or Goddess? I mean come on now!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

well check this out:

in ancient sumer, EN.LIL's temple was at Nibru (called nippur today). Nibru was also called Nibiru. It meant crossing place or place of the cross. The people of EN.LIL were the Habiru/Hibiru (Hebrews). The Habiru were the Hyskos Shepherd Kings mentioned in hieroglyphs during the reign of Ahmose I (who moses was named after). It's my theory that they were the original masons, the builders of the temples of the gods. it was this knowledge of stone masonry that made them useful to the pharaohs. So useful, in fact, that they ended up becoming powerful and even reigning as pharaohs themselves for a few hundred years. Then they fell out of favor, were enslaved, and eventually run out of Egypt by Ahmose I.

the story doesn't end there, however.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Continue then and I have link I would like to share with you! Interesting to say the least! What do you think?
www.666blacksun.com...

This NWO that our Founding Fathers (Whom were almost all Freemasons) had in mind was based upon Luciferian Principles.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

You said A MAN WROTE THE BIBLE, and I ask you, what man? and you didn't answer?

WHY?

Give me the author's name which who wrote the bible.

edit on 28-9-2010 by BIONICLE ALEX because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join