It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worry and Focus on Others Consensual Sexual Activity is Unnatural.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I'm not advocating any preference,
I just dont care,
and for the judgemental and outspoken walking examples of perfection, I'll attach some things I found interesting.

Definition of UNNATURAL
1: not being in accordance with nature or consistent with a normal course of events
2a : not being in accordance with normal human feelings or behavior : perverse b : lacking ease and naturalness : contrived c : inconsistent with what is reasonable or expected

Worry has been described as a small trickle of fear that meanders through your mind until it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained. Worry, anxiety, fear, phobia, tension – these words are often used interchangeably to describe one of our most common and enduring problems.
“Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?”
“Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?”
When you worry about your life, does that change it? No. When you worry about the future, does that control it? No. Worry won’t change the past, and it won’t control the future. All it does is distract us, and waste our emotional energy, and make us miserable.

Origin of WORRY
Middle English worien, from Old English wyrgan; akin to Old High German wurgen to strangle, Lithuanian veržti to constrict

Definition of WORRY
transitive verb
1dialect British : choke, strangle
2a : to harass by tearing, biting, or snapping especially at the throat b : to shake or pull at with the teeth c : to touch or disturb something repeatedly d : to change the position of or adjust by repeated pushing or hauling
3a : to assail with rough or aggressive attack or treatment : torment b : to subject to persistent or nagging attention or effort
4: to afflict with mental distress or agitation : make anxious
intransitive verb
1dialect British : strangle, choke
2: to move, proceed, or progress by unceasing or difficult effort : struggle
3: to feel or experience concern or anxiety : fret

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

I like this OP HappilyEverAfter. I had a conversation last night regarding many of the ideas you put forth. Consenting adults are just that. And it is no one else's business. And there is nothing to be gained by focusing upon and worrying about it - because NOTHING is happening to the worrier.

ColoradoJens

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I have known gay men. I have known people who have undergone sex transitions. I have known bi-sexual women.

I couldn't care less about any of that. Go and have sex with a doorknob for all I care, as long as you are not hurting someone or doing it to them without it being their choice.

As someone's sexual preferences have no bearing, whatsoever, on my life, why should I care?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
You are so very, very right and I don't worry one ioda about it! Don't worry - be happy!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

CJ,
It sure seems to garner the attention of a certain mindset though,
I've been here a little over a year, and I've really been surprised lately at the amount of threads on the subject of gay.
Is it really that important of an issue?
It just finally got to me that there were so many judgemental opinions being thrown at one time at one group.
I even dislike the idea of 'group' anymore when trying to keep the focus going on a topic about people.
I have a large family, there's so many types of people in it, I dont think any 'group' goes unrepresented.
The place a person has to come from inside themselves when passing judgement on someone who's done no harm, hasnt bothered anyone, is a pretty ugly place in my opinion.
I find it hard to imagine that so much hate and prejudice would be the requirement needed to obtain the keys of their pure and waiting heaven.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Loon,
The same goes for me.
I've seen it all, dealt with it all, have even been surprised a few times by family and friends, but in the end,
I myself, still walked away as me, someone elses sexcapades has not once affected me,
Nope not even Bill Clintons, well maybe a little because I think it turned Hilly even more nuts.
Door knobs I havent, gear shifts, now there's another story.
The responsibility lay in the choice of the individual, as long as there is no crime,
WHO can judge so easily?
The splinter gets attention while the log gets ignored.
Hypocricy is a bad tasting dish no matter who prepares it.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

CD,
exactly !
Worry is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but doesnt get you anywhere.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
There are several other threads discussing this issue at the moment, like this one...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add your comments into that one or one of the others.

Thread closed.

top topics

join