It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Government Code Prohibiting Contacting Extraterrestrials (Aliens) and Their UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
So, I searched ATS and didn't find anything on this article that I first saw at:urbansurvival.com...

From this site:salonesoterica.wordpress.com...

It seems that our government has already decided to regulate the contact we may have with anything that may have been "extra-terrestrially exposed", their definition being;

(b) “Extra-terrestrially exposed” means the state of condition of any person, property, animal or other form of life or matter whatever, who or which has: (1) Touched directly or come within the atmospheric envelope or any other celestial body; or (2) Touched directly or been in close proximity to (or been exposed indirectly to) any person, property, animal or other form of life or matter who or which has been extra-terrestrially exposed

I don't usually dabble in the aliens/ufo forum, but thought that this was a timely article to post, considering that the U.N. has decided to name an ambassador for contact with aliens. Mazlan Othman is no slouch in the physics department. She is a very serious scientist, much respected. So maybe it is really time to take "disclosure" seriously. Are TPTB really trying to prep the earth for contact of some kind?

If this subject has already been hashed and rehashed in some thread that I didn't find, I'm sorry. Just remove it.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

This was enacted in the 60's for when astronauts returned from space and the moon.

Here's an ATS thread about it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The law was passed originally to protect Earth from possible biological contamination resulting from the US Apollo Space Program and other space exploration programs. It has been suggested by researchers and scientists that the U.S. government was very concerned that contact with extra-terrestrial bacteria could result in a worldwide plague. The immune system of human beings wouldn't be able to fight off extra-terrestrial bacteria, so therefore any kind of "extra-terrestrial exposure" was taken very seriously.

edit on 27/9/10 by Chadwickus because: (reason classified)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

even seti is covered by such protocols..... in a kinda different way....

edit on 27/9/10 by mcrom901 because: :p

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The 60-year old Brookings report... maybe it's even older than that... advocated the notion of mass-panic if disclosure were wide-spread.

The governments of the world have hung their secrecy hats on that report ever since.

www.nicap.org...

Just for those less inclined to google....

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Ok, whether you believe in ETs or some sort of false flag operation by TPTB or not, something seems to be going down soon. This year in particular has been a very interesting year regarding the ET topic. From Stephen Hawking's bizarre "humans should fear Aliens" statement, now this legal statement by US government and everything in between. What the hell is going on? As usual with this topic so many questions and not enough reliable answers.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Thanks Chadwickus, I didn't realize that it was that long ago.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Quetzalcoatl12

It's all rather benign Quetzalcoatl12!

IRM

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
There's also supposed to be in the state of Washington, a law that protects bigfoot. I mean, just because you can't prove something exists doesn't mean you can't protect it. Nice thread. . .I love stuff like this

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

This is just amazing how nobody seems to be paying attention to what goes on, other than in there small little circle. There is a dam good reason why all the things coming out are coming out, they say that fate and destiny exsist I dont beleive so. But what I do beleive is that the construction of this collapsable goverment was never and never will be just by chance. I mean look at the facts it's to many dam strange shows & strange articles that seem to keep surfacing now, Now this one, is someone else going to see exactly what many of us do. I close by saying great post my earthling brother because when whoever these other life forms are, they dam sure wont say " Hey black man Hey white man" They'll simply say "Hey Earthlings"
P.S When they do come I dont give A rats ass about what the goverment tells me how to opperate around them because of these two reasons: 1. By prohibiting us from talking to them, is in direct controdiction to our constitution FREE WILL
2. The goverment been lying to us since day one & we pay all their dam bills but they still rape us and people ask no dam questions its insane to think about. I mean for years they have secret meetings that the press cant attend that civilans cant attend I mean COME ON! If we are fronting the bill than we should be able to see our product so if the aliens decide to come & make us choose between lies & something different i choose something diffrent........... If u have any objections to this post let me know THE TRUTH90

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I had no idea this had been around that long! I guess it goes to show that maybe they have known for a very long time that the laws would be needed to control contact. I understand that we are told they are written to protect us from "moon dust contamination" or what have you. But just like any law that they write, they get to apply them however they wish, as circumstances permit them to. That's why they write them so ambiguously, right? So that they can be interpreted to suit their needs at the time, whatever their agenda may be?!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by thetruth90

dude
nicely put. i considered that things are quickening as of late. with the un hoax? et al i myself speculated that the governments will lose their edge over us in the event of disclosure. i do not think disclosure will be coming from anyone in the governments at all. my thought is visitors will do it eventually within their own agenda. it will be they who will pick any if any representatives are to be selected. my gut feeling is if this is the case, those who will be selected have already been vetted and also are aware of the fact. their presence on earth will rattle the entire financial/power structure and i feel this is where the rub lies. no more middlemen as such picked by politicians on our behalf in our best interests whilst juggling their paymasters demands and mo.
regards fakedirt.
ps may it happen with excellence.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I'd really be surprised if they didn't do a more recent report than the old Brookings report on the subject....they just likely simply haven't made it public knowledge.

To be honest, intellectually, I kind of have to agree with the findings of the Brookings report...and it wasn't so much about panic, but more about looking at history, and seeing that inevitably, when a civilization encountered a more advanced civilization, the older one eventually lost its cultural identity in favor of embracing new ones (or was forced to, by conquest).

It's a valid point, especially when considering what the introduction of even a seemingly minor piece of wondrous technology could do to our existing, interdependent economy. Think of the havoc of a clean-burning fuel. If suddenly introduced, certain major corporations could fall, millions losing their jobs, etc. Disclosure would be the easy part. Acclimating to the changed world, even with friendly aliens....THAT would be the real challenge. (and if hostile, well God (or anyone else) help us....).....

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Seems to me that no nation on Earth can legislate against contact with ET. If and when they decide to pop in and say hello...who's to stop them?

The NASA protocol that allows for isolation in the case of someone being in contact with some ET biology makes a lot of sense. The Bubonic plague that killed up to one third of the human population stemmed from a cute little critter...Marmot. This fuzzy little bugger is second only to the mosquito in death tolls for humans.

Edit: I uploaded the Brookings Report to ATS Media for anyone who's interested. It's a pdf.

edit on 27-9-2010 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

hi gazrock
your statement possibly backs up my speculation of visitor picked mediators who are not tarnished by the many vices and temptations that are on offer 24/7 on planet earth. i think more people will consider the implications of a disclosure based reality with every passing day.
regards fakedirt.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by thetruth90

I would never object to someone stating their views on such a subject. It's the very reason I started this thread!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I think you are probably exactly right. You know they are bound to have come up with some new mandates on this subject, given that it is a hot item in much debate. You are probably also right in that we aon't be allowed to see said items, unless it suits their purpose.
As far as the advanced civilization vs. less advanced, I don't know how that should be handled. I really haven't spent a lot of time considering the implications of real contact. I should really do some thinking on the consequences before I spout off ideas, I suppose. I understand people's frustration with the truth being hidden for so long, but I don't think that most people really consider the true ramifications of sudden exposure, either.

top topics

join