It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British National Missing In Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

British National Missing In Afghanistan

news.sky.com

A British person has gone missing in Afghanistan, officials have confirmed.The Foreign Office said only in a brief statement: "We can confirm that a British National is missing in Afghanistan.

"We are working with other international partners to urgently investigate these reports."

It is not known in which area of the country the Briton went missing.

More to follow...

(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This story is just breaking on Sky News.

No word as yet what this missing person was doing in Afghanistan, i'd hardly imagine it being the ideal holiday destination this time of year.

Maybe an aid worker or one of these volunteers that help out the various organisations?

I know of people going to places like this to spread the word of The Bible, many go on a badly planned whim expecting to be greeted with open arms, which is usualy not the case.

All speculation on my part at the moment though until we hear who it is thats missing.

I'll look for other sources.

CX.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 26/9/10 by CX because: spellingz

CX

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Some of these stories dont sound right .."Khalilullah Ziayee described the abductors as armed men, saying a search was launched to find the group. The motive behind the kidnapping was not immediately clear, he said." from the Reuters link . ? how did he know they were armed? The Talaban claimed they new nothing of the story .

edit on 26-9-2010 by the2ofusr1 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

I'll be following this thread closely CX.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Well, they are either being held for ransom, a prisoner exchange, or have already killed if this follows recent trends in the area. If the police are looking into it, maybe they should look a little harder.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

This has the markings of the Taliban, or another dissident group in Afghanistan. Was someone not kidnapped before for prisoner transferr. One thng is for sure, The Government wil not negotiate with kidnappers. I think the relatives are in for a rough ride.

top topics

join