It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. to Appoint Earth Contact for Alien Visitors

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Yep, it seems to be true... more and more by the day...

Here is the news article

THE United Nations was set today to appoint an obscure Malaysian astrophysicist to act as Earth’s first contact for any aliens that may come visiting.

Mazlan Othman, the head of the UN's little-known Office for Outer Space Affairs (Unoosa), is to describe her potential new role next week at a scientific conference at the Royal Society’s Kavli conference centre in Buckinghamshire.

She is scheduled to tell delegates that the recent discovery of hundreds of planets around other stars has made the detection of extraterrestrial life more likely than ever before - and that means the UN must be ready to coordinate humanity’s response to any “first contact”.

edit on 26-9-2010 by esteay812 because: adding quote

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I'd love for something to come of this ... there seems to have been a lot of 'information' indicating possible contact in the media recently but thus the problem wtih the media ...

The media will report anything as sensational and I can't help but think there are little facts and things missed out, and that they want to report events like this as if something might happen to get more readers. The fact of the matter is the media lives of readers and 'we might see intelligent aliens one day!' gets readers.

Star and a flag anyway - since I found it interesting.

edit on 26-9-2010 by Pinke because: Stars and Stripes

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Someone's gotta do it I suppose. What's the bets if any alien communication does occur this guy has nothing to do with it? The UN are a good laugh though...

Which ever scientist or average Joe picks up the signal will be the first person to communicate with an alien species. How would they even train this guy? It's completely new territory... Or is it?

Star and Flag!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
You may be right about first contact. I think it is awesome that this is being adressed and acknowledged in the media. The more people that are thinking about this the better we are to finding out what so many people already crave to know and understand. Hopefully this type of conditioning will make it possible for the governments of the world to finally say, 'We have found intellingent life' or whatever the case may be.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
FYI, it's already being discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

This is a fantastic step forward for the UN.
I hope they build a huge welcome center in the shape of a peace sign.

Peace

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
This is bizarre. What is the purpose? The woman is nearly 60 years old. Are they expecting to meet aliens in the very near future, then?

And why tell us about it now? Very, very strange.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
While I hope this is an indication of something, I know it probably isn't. However, when the day does come, what qualifies her to be the ambassador for the entire planet? Do not give me wrong, she is a brilliant and accomplished scientist. But what qualities was the UN looking for when they appointed her to this position? Why not a linguist, a former statesman or an anthropologist?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
This is bizarre. What is the purpose? The woman is nearly 60 years old. Are they expecting to meet aliens in the very near future, then?

Exactly, makes me wonder aswell...

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The jumps of logic in the statements given are interesting. We have discovered a number of extrasolar planets, so we need an extraterrestrial 'greeter' *right now*. We have been listening for ET radio signals for 50 years. If we hear one, our reply would presumably take anywhere from years to decades to centuries, at the speed of light, to get back to the sender, yet a 'first contact' for extraterrestrials will be appointed in the very near future. It seems as if we may not have all the facts here, and that some people in the UN have more of the facts. And why was just one, obscure individual chosen? It's almost as if a specific protocol of contact has been requested, and is being complied with. I find it interesting that Ms.Othman has previously worked on how to deal with the issue of an asteroid headed directly for Earth. hmmm. Ross

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ross 54

I wonder if there was something to a video I watched on a thread here the other day. I wish I could remember the member, he was getting hit pretty hard and the video wasn't that great or anything,but your last comment about the asteroid and then this article made me definitely think of it.
I believe the member has an avatar of a wolf in sheep's skin sic (clothing).

In the video this kinda far out, kinda hippy seeming guy is talking about two objects just past Pluto that have a trajectory aimed straight at Earth, not passing nearby, but headed straight for us. One is blue and one is red and, he claims, they appear to be shaped as a space craft and a possible carrier ship.It would be wild if there was actually something to that claim, maybe a little too much like the Hippy guy in 2012

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

I agree DDR . Seems that we have been given more and more little sprinkles here and there. Hopefully, someday soon, one of them will turn into something that will lead to the answering of many, many questions. It would almost suck, in a way, if we have been visited before and the new visitors are just that, new. Hopefully something like that wouldn't let the government off the hook with all the previous cover-ups, assuming of course, we have been visited before and there is truth to many of the speculative rumours.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The UN takes the first step in it's transformation to being the United Federation of Planets

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
reply to post by Ross 54

I wonder if there was something to a video I watched on a thread here the other day. I wish I could remember the member ...

Video and crazy thread it refers to are here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
here is the crazy video:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Project Blue Beam is to protect any kind of alien craft from possible assault. Not many will receive it well but more so than say 10 years ago. I believe disclosure has been taking place since all the alien movies started coming out. They (the ones that know) are trying to desensitize you with more bizarre movies perhaps to lower your shock level when we do make contact

Why Programs like Project BlueBeam are created-
Just incase a xtian or religious fanatic..doesnt really matter what religion goes beserk thinking its the devil and gets hold of a stinger missile...he/she will be shooting at holograms. There's still a lot of military folks in all nations superstition run amock that literally believe in the DEVIL and have access to missiles and weaponry. So theres a real possibility that Project Blue Beam is not going to be used for Fakery but protection from a big mess waiting to happen.

I'm kinda starting to see that all the things we thought we knew we don't know. One being the fear that alien contact is a pretext in Heralding in the antichrist, and the NEW WORLD ORDER etc that these ETs are demons so we should fight and kill them.( the central theme of just about everything we do now is FEAR BASED). Besides, many xtians are already anti-christ. They read the Bible all the time, go to church yet they intermingle LAW and GRACE.and justify their beliefs with a book they do not understand. Not just xtianity but other religions as well.

To xtians-
Supposedly christ gave you one law and one law only. To love your neighbor. To love as he loved you, that even when you were considered enemies of God you were forgiven (period). Thats it !!! end of discussion. So which is it to be?

The chemtrails-
Most still think chemtrails are bad but the reality might be that your leaders are trying to reduce the radiation thats bombarding the planet to protect you from radiation destroying your flesh and DnA.

We look for evil ,,,trust me we are going to find it
We look for danger...we gonna find that to.

Kinda veered off the road with this one. Sowey

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Why not just an ordinary person thats teachable and has the wonder and innocence of a child.

Trust me...you start putting smarty pants in front of these ETs you gonna get a pie in the face.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I was looking at the acronym..

Unoosa....And wondering if that is some kind of anagram?

Soon AU ...astronomical unit?

O No USA? .........

Just interesting how the article wrote that acronym. As for the actual topic at hand....Well it was only a matter of time until this was done.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
esteay 812; I saw the video you mentioned, a few days ago. The information didn't seem too solid to me. I was only thinking that the psychology of a situation where an asteroid approaches Earth is possibly not totally dissimilar to that of a large approaching spacecraft. I don't assume any threat or danger from the latter, but the immediate run-up to open contact might be a slowly approaching ET ship. It might even go into orbit of Earth. It appears that this happened before, in 1955. Two huge ships reportedly in orbit 500 and 800 miles out. They went away again, eventually. A trial run, perhaps, to see how we'd react? Ross

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

I tell you waht is strange. It seems that every news outlet on the net is carrying the story from around the world but guess what two are not? They do not even have a listing for Mazlan Othman at all. That is CNN and AP. Now why would the two biggest news outlet in the world not even have a listing at all for Mazlan Othman. The name Mazlan Othman is not even in there online data base. Now if this was a hoax you would not think that it would be coming from so many places and you would think that CNN and AP would be quick to jump on it and tell eveyone it was a hoax. I find it odd they having nothing on this. Odd in deed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join