It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supernatural Season six

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I overlooked Supernatural after watching a few episodes of season one and always meant to come back to it.
When I lost my job I found myself stuck with daytime tv. It was a dismal choice. Luckily Supernatural has been running seasons one through four in order. I jumped on the bandwagon and got caught up quick. Season five had to be D/L'd so I could watch it whenever. It turned out that I blew through it all in about a week. Seasons four and five were, in my opinion, the best. I had no idea that there was a season six in the making and was bummed that I couldn't get my fix anymore.

The ending was great and was well worth keeping up with all episodes.

The best surprise for me was finding out about season six. I only had to wait a few weeks for it too.

In the interest of not spoiling it for anyone, I'll hold off on details in case someone hasn't seen it yet.
I'd love to chat about the story lines though if anyone is interested.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow watcher
Seasons four and five were, in my opinion, the best.

Totally agree with you.I liked the way they handled the Apocalypse.

Supernatural is my favourite show right now.I had to wait the whole summer for season 6 and today i saw the first episode.Really good.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
My son and I were joking about how during the Apocalypse if the Ghostfacers shown up and were dragged into the Pit . Oh how sweet that would have been.

Do you think Chuck was God?

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I liked the first few seasons best, the 5th was over the top at times and movied away from the usual hunting missions that made it good and the whole apocalypse thing got boring after a while and the brothers constantly fighting got annoying too. I hear in the 6th season they are returning more to the meat and potatoes type story lines as they put it and also going post apocolypse clean up so I think this has potential to be the best.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The Four Horsemen were done well imo. I liked the idea of the rings and what they could do as well.
Castielle was a great character, he gave the viewers some good insight as to Heaven's plans for the boys.

I would have liked more on the Croatoan virus, maybe let Chicago die off before containing it.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by shadow watcher

It just felt predicatble with the brothers you knew they wouldnt just be killed off or turned evil against each other. If any thing theyd just go the direction xfiles after mulder left and had limited apearances. Four horse men where good and would had been more believable with the virus but again it wasnt the best it was all linear and the apocolypse thing got boring and limited the variety. I think they should have done what they did in earlier seasons and explored demons/beasts from other cultures in more depth made it more fun then the usual christian mythology demons etc. Im not saying its bad, but it wasnt the best. I guess its down to personal taste also. I did like castiel and also the trickster i didnt like the fact he was an angel. Season 6 is around the corner will be curious to see where this goes. The half brother thing was a bit far fetched also and his character wasnt defined, maybe intentionally perhaps.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I can see your points and I agree about viewer tastes.
What bothered me a bit was how the Christian devil Lucifer was trumping the Pagan Gods with such ease.
They really thought their religions were were the strongest, but Lucifer dispatched them without a sweat.
I guess Christianity was supposed to be number one even though the Pagans were around long before.

I wonder where their souls went to once they were 'ganked'....

Six does look promising in returning to their roots. Now that the family is united, I bet there will be lots of action.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

i kow its all make believe but it should look at other mythology too and urban legends makes it more interesting and not so linnear. I doubt they killed the trickster off though i think that hasnt ended. I heard though they got rid off that author for season 6 he was annoying but that supernatural convention episode was good imo. Hopefully less down momments in this too and it returns to it roots. I hope it doesnt become too true blood like or twinkle eye fairies, sams love affair with the demon really annoyed me. As if youd love a demon!!! lol

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Do you think Chuck was God?

That is the obvious the way s5 ended,before that i was thinking that John Winchester could be the vessel of god.
Have you notice that there isn't any referance about Jesus?Like he doesn't exist or he is of no importance.
I also believe that there is a loose end with the antichrist,so we will see that kid again.

It bothered me too about the Pagan Gods.Not so much about the way lucifer killed them,but the way they presented them,like cannibals.We will see them again(i hope).Kali was saved and there are a lot more Gods to appear.I liked the twist with Loki/Gabriel.He chose to live with the gods instead of his angel brothers in heaven.
The way they presented the whole god/angels/demons mythology was that these creatures are nothing like the loving and caring creatures that the christians present and in comparison with other mosters or spirits which kill for a reason,they just enjoy the job.Even an angel(Gabriel) couldn't stand them.
I liked what he said to the boys when he explained why he left heaven:" What you guys call the Apocalypse? I used to call Sunday dinner. "
He was a great character.I hope that he just tricked Lucifer and he is not really dead.

As for season 6 yeah i think it's gonna be fantastic.A lot of things to thibk about in episode one.
(Is it me or there is something wrong with Samuel and the cousins?
).

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I really liked the last season, although some episodes seemed a bit off. I just felt that they really shouldn't get side-tracked when you have the end of the world to deal with!

I don't really know where this new season is going to go. I heard that Castiel is going to be back, though.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I have my suspicions about Samuel & family. There just seems to be something lurking under the surface.
Does anyone think maybe the reason the family never came forward before was because John chose to separate from them after his wife's death? Maybe her family blames him for her death.

I liked how the Grandfather said the family has been beheading vamps on the Mayflower. They have a lineage of fighting demons that goes way back. I'd like to see more on that.

off topic: I would only trade my Mustang for an Impala like theirs.
I've always loved that car and even looked online for one.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I don't think Chuck was God. Remember Dean had that necklace that was supposed to burn white hot in God's presence. He had worn it around Chuck before and nothing happened. I didn't like season 5 as much as the previous seasons, especially not the last episode. They spent 5 seasons preparing for an epic showdown between Michael and Lucifer and all they did was stand there and talk to each other. No fireballs or anything. I did like what they did with the horseman though.

Hopefully season 6 will turn out better than the last one, although from what I saw in the season premiere it's not looking good.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I have my suspicions about Samuel & family. There just seems to be something lurking under the surface.
Does anyone think maybe the reason the family never came forward before was because John chose to separate from them after his wife's death? Maybe her family blames him for her death.

I liked how the Grandfather said the family has been beheading vamps on the Mayflower. They have a lineage of fighting demons that goes way back. I'd like to see more on that.

off topic: I would only trade my Mustang for an Impala like theirs.
I've always loved that car and even looked online for one.

I kind of think that Samuel and Co. might not be all that good...I'm not sure why, maybe because of the way they took the Jin rather than get rid of it. Why not just stake her? Why take her before Dean and Sam returned??? I have some therories about Sam and Samuel, I'm just not sure what anyone would think if I spouted them.

Supernatural is definately one of my favorite shows out there. Thanks for starting the thread! It's nice to see others who like to talk about the show.
I'm curious what others think.

And I agree, the Impala is a great car!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I think they wont tie up any loose ends, didnt they say its now post apcolypse? However, they have a new person on board now for the new season dont forget (not sure who left from the production team) so we may see the show go in another direction altogether. Im hoping it isnt too streamlined and dumbed down as often happens with longer running sitcoms towards the end (remember s8 seinfeld). However if they are struggling for ideas and have proven forumals that appeal to audiences....lets see they are
Castiel, the half brother (forgot his name) etc they may just recycle some ideas which I dont want them to do. I want a fresh new start

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I just got done watching the first episode of the season.
I liked the series up until now. I liked how they brought in the angels. The characters were really interesting. The way the last season ended could have been different but I don't really know if it could have been any better. For instance throwing fire balls back and forth might have just made it look like a wizards duel or something similar. What they have done through out all last season was make Lucifer look like a very powerful character. hence the way he could kill of other angels, and the pagan gods with little more then a wave of his fingers, except of coarse for Michael.
I don't know if I like the way this season is starting. I don't think they show will work as well with Sam and Dean separate. I like that Dean has a family, and trying to have a life, I just also think that some how, some way, its going to get taken away from him. I don't like all those other people they brought in as the family of hunters. I would have preferred the brothers, and perhaps the girl friends or wives as the case may be, along with Bobby. Bobby has been a good solid character from the start.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

I think the end of season five was going to be better originally. Kripke had planned to do only five seasons but the CW renewed the show for a sixth season because it is one of their biggest shows right now along with Smallville. Kripke had to make a lot of changes to make it possible for the show to run six seasons. I think if he had been able to follow his original plan the second half of season 5 would have been better, and I'm pretty sure both brothers would have died in the last episode.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

I thought it was taken away from him. Didn't his girlfriend and kid get killed by the Djinn? Or was he hallucinating? I was really confused with this episode.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I think Dean's family was a part of the hallucination as was Yellow-eyes. His biggest fear was them being harmed, and Yellow-eyes was always his biggest threat, so it makes sense to have that scenario.

It could be that the djinn are being used by the family for some dark purpose.
They did seem quite knowledgeable about the lore.

I have really grown to like Bobby's character. He and the boys as a core group made them solid.
It's funny that Bobby wasn't really going to be an ongoing character, but became such a solid member.
If John had to die, Bobby made the transition easier.

Kripke has stepped down as the leader, but he'll be the executive producer. Sera Gamble is now in charge.
We shall see where the road takes us.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

I see the logic about Dean's necklace and Chuck.
When the boys were told that God was Earthbound, Chuck just made sense to me. He was involved just enough so not to lead the boys with his visions, but he was ever present as things unfolded. Maybe being a prophet is just God being there without donning a meat suit. Kind of a vessel of a different kind?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
WARNING THIS POST MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!

just saw ep 1 of new season, not too bad..its definately an intro and it has a similar feel so far. Again we just have to wait and see where it goes. I was expecting a bit more action and the introduction of those new characters seems more like they are planning for a spin off if any thing...overall i enjoyed it! see mitch pillegi reminds me watching the xfiles in the late 90s..ahh good memories.

edit on 27-9-2010 by q_ball because: UPDATE

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join