It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fountain of youth pill 'is just two years away from shop shelves'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
September 24, 2010

It may sound like science fiction but researchers believe they have discovered the 'Holy Grail' - an anti-ageing pill that will add decades to our lives.
Furthermore its creator Professor Vladimir Skulachev said it should be available to the public within two years

The Russian scientist from Moscow State University, said the drug works by halting the damaging effects that oxygen can have on the body's cells.

This would stave off dangerous age-related illnesses thereby adding years to our lives.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

If true the ramifications of this would not be good in some cases, people working longer and not retiring so those jobs could go to a younger generation, the effect on the economy could be disastrous.

Social Security and Medicare payments would be paid out for more years then maybe the system could handle. I personally don't think I would want to live decades longer then the average,. If this were the case how healthy would we be urning those extra decades. Guess we will have to wait and see, my feeling is this drug will never see the light of day, especially in the United States.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Its a wrench in the tptb's cogs that won't come to be. Luckily I can eat organic foods and exercise and live just as long (statistically).

edit on 25-9-2010 by SmokeandShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
Its a wrench in the tptb's cogs that won't come to be. Luckily I can eat organic foods and exercise and live just as long (statistically)

I am in total agreement with you, I take it a step further by not eating meat, although eat fish on occasion if it comes from the Great Lakes and is freshly caught.

Amazing how these things come up all the time and we never hear about it again, not into conspiracies but do know that good things get suppressed all the time, although not so sure this is a good thing.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
We need to halt or slow down reproduction if this actually happens.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Segador

Slowing down reproduction is certainly something to think about, with over population on the planet presently and not able to feed them [that is debatable and a topic for another thread) is already a problem, would this drug allow for woman to keep having children at a later age, would it disrupt the reproduction cycle. I say no thanks, I enjoy having two young grandchildren but would not like to have to raise them at this point in my life.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
At first, it seems like life enhancing products are godsends to have, but I believe that it will eventually lead to the road of a "superhuman" class and a under class. The rich of course will get first dibs at the new products, and it may get to the point that the underclass won't be needed and can be discarded. But maybe that's the point.

edit on 25-9-2010 by eccentric_crazy_guy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by eccentric_crazy_guy
At first, it seems like life enhancing products are godsends to have, but I believe that it will eventually lead to the road of a "superhuman" class and a under class. The rich of course will get first dibs at the new products, and it may get to the point that the underclass won't be needed and can be discarded. But maybe that's the point.

edit on 25-9-2010 by eccentric_crazy_guy because: (no reason given)

Interesting theory eccentric_crazy_guy, you may have hit the nail on the head. Speaking of theories there are those out there that think TBTB already have this type of ability, cures for every thing etc. the reason I don't buy into these conspiracies is because they seem to die just like the rest of us, of course if the TBTB are hidden away and no one know who they are or never sees them, that is a stretch.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1

Amazing how these things come up all the time and we never hear about it again,

It's probably because you hear about these things from the Daily Mail, a known tabloid that runs half-truths and completely fabricated stories as a means of filling pages.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

It's probably because you hear about these things from the Daily Mail, a known tabloid that runs half-truths and completely fabricated stories as a means of filling pages.

I am in agreement with you there, I take these thing with a grain of salt, not to say there isn't some truth in everything and of course we all know that there has been technology developed that could benefit mankind and being suppressed because of big business, economies etc. Not convinced that if some of these inventions were implemented that it would change everything and collapse economies as we know it, what it would do is make the very rich a little poorer, can't be having that now can we.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This is another step in the right direction for the elite and they will suck these pills up like lifesavers(pardon the pun)
They will then begin enhancing their bodies with technology as well....its all just around the corner....
The PTB want to become gods....thats their ultimate trip.
The rest of us are of course expendable.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
So now the question is...Would any of you take it? WHO would take it? I'm guessing certain religions would be kind of miffed about the whole thing.
I'm also wondering how far people will go to get a hold of this pill

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
This is another step in the right direction for the elite and they will suck these pills up like lifesavers(pardon the pun)
They will then begin enhancing their bodies with technology as well....its all just around the corner....
The PTB want to become gods....thats their ultimate trip.
The rest of us are of course expendable.

Source for...well, ANY of this?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
"Dr Blobel from Rockefeller University said: 'It has been shown that oxidative damage is huge. But we do not have an anti-oxidant of the type that Professor Skulachev has developed."

Above quote is from the link posted by the person who started the thread.

"TOO LATE SOMEONE DONE BEAT HIM TO IT ! IT'S ALREADY HERE" !

It already is here & has been for quite sometime now !

Dr. Patrick Flanagan did it years ago, he's a bleed'in genius.

The most powerful antioxident in the world is Dr. Patrick Flanagans "MICRO-HYDRON". >MEGA-H<

That Russian guy claims nothing that Flanagan hasn't already done, there be plenty of studies to back it all uP as well. The highest concentration of what matters most is found in "MEGA-HYDRATE", its the cornerstone of what Magic Johnson takes. (I SWEAR THATS NO jOkE, I'M NOT KIDDING.)

Flanagan's company is called "P.H.I. SCIENCES", he may be considered abit eccentric by some, but most genius's usually are to some degree.

www.phisciences.com...

www.phisciences.com...

Please note what the woman with Hep-C has to say in regards to her ahhh...viral load.
www.phisciences.com...

Please see 1.5.3. in the below link.
www.rebprotocol.net...

edit on 27-9-2010 by alpha68 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
reply to post by Segador

Slowing down reproduction is certainly something to think about, with over population on the planet presently and not able to feed them [that is debatable and a topic for another thread) is already a problem, would this drug allow for woman to keep having children at a later age, would it disrupt the reproduction cycle. I say no thanks, I enjoy having two young grandchildren but would not like to have to raise them at this point in my life.

Ok sure but the real fix and only way humanity will survive beyond our Suns life is if we start terraforming and learning how to travel between the stars.

We should make mars suitable for life and move some of us there and the moon as well. There is a great chance Ceres is covered in water so we should move there also.

top topics

join