It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Matrix was a movie...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
The Matrix may well be the most overrated movie in history.

.....this thread may well be the most overrated thread in ATS history. Although, the rapture thread is a close second.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

Agreed.
People seem to think that there's some reality (or lack thereof) related to these movies.
I chalk it up to the vast majority of people being stupid and even worse...listening to Icke.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Segador

Did you understand the whole concept the movie was trying to push?

The concept is absolutely correct, the rest is just a movie.

Answer this question, who are you?

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by Segador

Did you understand the whole concept the movie was trying to push?

The concept is absolutely correct, the rest is just a movie.

Answer this question, who are you?

you tell me

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by P-M-H

OK answer this question, who am I?

Am I the laptop, or am I the person behind the laptop?

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
THE MATRIX WAS A MOVIE? OH GOD I'M GONNA BE IN SOME REAL TROUBLE!

No seriously...........whats the point to this thread?

As I see it, the point is that all too often people refer to it as if it were a fact, even as a sort of factual "proof" to back their views on the world, which are in their turn all too often derived from, well, movies.
It's ridiculous, and certainly it can be annoying. It reminds me of people who quote Castaneda as if the things he wrote were the Gospel truth, a fact.
But I don't want to digress.....

I found the movie boring too, a "real yawner" as somebody said. And Keanu Reeves is a criminally bad ctor.
There I go digresssing again.....

IMO, "Vanilla Sky" was mch better in presenting basically the same main idea.

Oh, and peppering one's speech wth blue and red pills is really puerile, people. Give it up, at least in the company of grown ups, pretty please.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Segador

Oh you are so stupid.

You actually think when people reference "the matrix" they are talking about the movie?

They aren't talking about the movie at all, they are talking about philosophy, a concept that's been around for hundreds of years before the movie.

Even Socrates from Ancient Greece talked about 'the matrix", as he spoke of 'the cave".

You can't really think everybody was talking about the actual movie were you!?!??!

The movie COPIED the idea from Philosophy and created a action movie on the concept, nobody is actually talking about the movie The Matrix.

edit on 25-9-2010 by Thibotham because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Thibotham

You haven't been a member here very long, but just wait. You will see that there ARE some that think it is more--like a message from "whoever" that the matrix is real.
Hell, people swear stargates are real too.

BTW: You seem in this and other threads to reply to a lot of people by calling them "stupid" or "dumb" or "retarded". If you haven't already you may get some warnings about that...
ATS has T & C's that require more mature ways to respond and interact.

edit on 9/25/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I've been coming here since ATS started.

What did you think happened to all my other accounts?

Yes, I realize there are people who think the movie is real.

But "the matrix" is a philosophy reference.

Our reality as it is programmed and perceived, it has nothing to do with the movie.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
its not matrix now its enception.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Segador

Actually "The Matrix" is a movie based off a number of concepts on reality that may or may not be true. Get some context please. To use such terminology does not directly mean that the person using them things Neo is running around somewhere.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Segador

It was only a movie made to entertain and get your money.
Proof? Can you prove the matrix isn't real?

Yay...I'm a skeptic...

Now, being serious...I'm sure you know this...but when people mention the matrix in a debate they don't mean a literal matrix...they mean you are "asleep" and need to open your eyes and see the truth of the reality we live in, because people are feeding us lies in order to make us "live an illusion". "Will you take the red pill or blue" is asking whether you want to accept ignorance or deny it.

reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Actually "The Matrix" is a movie based off a number of concepts on reality that may or may not be true. Get some context please.
Indeed...

EDIT: The OP has 4 flags and like 8 stars already. I should write completely simple minded 2 liner threads more often.

edit on 25/9/10 by CHA0S because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
You won't know your in it until you wake up from it. And when you do, there is nothing like it. You will not be able to compare to any other experience you've ever had in your whole life. I'm going to try anyway.

The best description I can give is that it's like realizing you've just taken a dump in your pants. You take those pants off and take a shower. And the LAST thing your gonna wanna do is put those pants back on. Even though everyone around you is still wearing their sh*tty pants and they stink to high heaven. And then they'll accuse you of their own rotten stench.

That's what waking up from the Matrix is like. And you become disgusted by the way you once lived. The things in which you once believed you'll find revolting. And what will blow you away more than anything is that you'll be astounded at how stupid and blind you were before. You will be aghast with yourself that you could not see it before. And then you'll begin to ask yourself why. Why couldn't I see it before. And when you research that a little bit and see that the truth has been PURPOSEFULLY hidden from you. Well then, down the rabbit hole you shall go my friend. And we shall all be right here, waiting for you....

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Segador
It just sounds ridiculous when you are having an intelligible debate about the media and then someone mentions "red pill" and "blue pill" and how these people are "plugged into the matrix".

If you don't realize that these phrases are being used as metaphors then you are crazier than you think they are crazy.

Originally posted by Toadmund
Seriously, the movie sucked.
It was way too hollywood to maybe attempt to explain time and space,

The concept of the movie itself is anti-hollywood if anything
secondly it has nothing to do with time and space

Originally posted by Toadmund
Sorry Matrix fans, I don't get it.

That's okay, not everyone gets it
what's your favorite movie if I may ask?

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

what the hell was that guy in the video talking about????

everything he said about free market economics had nothing to do with what he condemed it for

this guy kinda knows what he's talking about but has no understanding of economics

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thibotham
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I've been coming here since ATS started.
What did you think happened to all my other accounts?

Yes, I realize there are people who think the movie is real.
But "the matrix" is a philosophy reference.
Our reality as it is programmed and perceived, it has nothing to do with the movie.

Great, wonderful. Good for you. All your "other accounts" were banned. Apparently you know the T & C's, but don't follow them so then nevermind I guess.

Keep on calling people you disagree with "stupid, dumb, idiot, and retarded" then.

Thought I might help you out, but guess you don't need it.

edit on 9/25/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Segador

Next you'll be telling us Pandora was all CGI.
Avatar was the best Documentary I have seen this year, its up there with the Matrix and Zeitgeist, IMHO.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

this guy kinda knows what he's talking about but has no understanding of economics
Ehh, give him a break, I don't know much about economics either, but I still understand his basic point, and it was a good poem either way.

edit on 26/9/10 by CHA0S because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Segador
Get over it, seriously...
It was only a movie made to entertain and get your money.

Correct, it was a movie.

And yet what it depicted.. at least the original movie, was an analogy of The Dream we are all Indoctrinated with from the moment we are born into our Culture. One that is force-fed into us, one that is modelled by every person you ever met, one that is offered up by Media in all it's forms to model what we must strive for in this Dream.

What is The Dream you may ask?

In the most basic of terms it is this....

1. You are born.
2. You got to school for an educatiuon so that you can hopefully earn more money than your parents did.
3. You finish school and find a partner.
4. You get married.
5. You buy a series of increasingly more expensive housing on the way to your Dream Home.
6. You have 2.5 children.. maybe more.
7. You work 5 of every 7 days.. maybe 6.. in order to pay off those expensives boxes you call Home and get all the Must Haves that Media illustrates as being necessary for Your Lifestyle of choice.
8. You retire well after the kids have left home.
9. You begin to live the remainder of your life, although now you are too old to do the things you dreamed of when you were younger.. before kids.
10. You die and leave the Boxes and money/wealth to the kids.

At no time is it allowed to look too far outside the Box, otherwise you may find yourself being out of the instilled comfort zones of the culture and you will then be made a fool of publicly to insure you do not look outside the box again.

That is The Dream, and yes, it is matrix-like isn't it?

edit on 26-9-2010 by Tayesin because: I did, I edited this

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Take the red pill or take the blue pill... stay ignorant as many still are around the world
or explore the unknown..... Well that is true about the matrix...
Ass well as the technology that is used in this great movie

For those who think the movie sucks I really wanna hear what movies you like.
Because the Matrix has it all for my opinion.

Peace and Love

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join