It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norwegian Researcher Unlocks Pyramid Construction Secrets?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Norwegian Researcher Unlocks Pyramid Construction Secrets?

www.sciencedaily.com

Scientists from around the world have tried to understand how the Egyptians erected their giant pyramids. Now, an architect and researcher at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) says he has the answer to this ancient, unsolved puzzle.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Another one who thinks he has it figured out. I will have to take a closer look at his work before I make myself a qualified opinion, but in any case it's very interesting! I remember French architect Jean-Pierre Houdin's theory as quite acomplished, Ole J. Bryn seems to have taken it one step further.

www.sciencedaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Heh, synchronicity for sure.

I have been involved in this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

One of the main "arguments" is that no one knows for sure how it was built. Then, this thread appears!

Magic!

Oh, and thank you for the link.

(Edit to clarify)
I am not saying that this "is the truth" just that it was an interesting coincidence.

edit on 9/24/2010 by adigregorio because: clarification

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
maybe they just built a mountain of sand as they built each level. They could easily move sand and dirt and keep the slope low enough to just move the new stones across. They could just then dig the pyramid outa the sand when it was done.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The article is a bit of misdirection, if you thought it meant all construction secrets.

It talks about how the construction drawings and supervision of the workers was carried out. These are perhaps interesting but are not the big issue everyone's been wondering about.

It doesn't claim to say how those massive blocks got lifted and moved.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by oniongrass

Moving huge blocks from a quarry and lifting them into position?

Child's play, whatever time period it is.

1.) Strap a cradle of tree trunks to the block being moved, with two sets of two parallel logs/trunks, long enough to run the length of the block being moved or slightly longer, attache these to the cradle which is attached to the block, just inside each lateral edge of the block, ensuring there is a gap between each of the trunks in each set.
(the gap distance will change depending on the size of the block to be moved.

2.) Construct the same two sets of parallel tree trunks, but set on the ground, either supported underneath by blocks of stone or rows of logs.

3.) Fashion/Sculpt a quantity of stone spheres, of a hard mineral, large enough to fit into the gap between all four sets of parallel trunks, to a depth of one quarter of the sphere's overall size, of which is dependent on the size and weight of the block being moved.

4.) Place under the block, cradle and parallel trunk sets, a quantity of the spheres.

5.) A relatively light effort is now required to move the block. The spheres act as ball bearings, and the parallel trunks act as rail guides to prevent the block falling off the spheres.

6.) As the block progressed along it's track, workers would collect the spheres behind the block, and place them in front of the block.

7.) Build a course of the pyramid, adding rows of trunk tracks vertically against the block face of the first course.

8.) Move the blocks into position and carry on up the first course of blocks, using a counterweight of easy to move smaller blocks or containerized sand in small containers.

9.) Repeat until the structure is complete.

Simple, cheap and effective and well within their capability. No ramps larger than the structure itself required. No requirement for thousands of workers, dragging blocks either, so no requirement for massive farming to feed the non existent massive workforce. The blocks would move quite freely and easily, small teams of men or oxen would be all that is needed to move the blocks.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I don't remember that stone spheres were used, but some guys on a TV special tried to build a pyramid without modern Caterpillar type equipment, and they were able to build maybe 20 feet high with much poorer fit-and-finish. The pyramids seem to be watertight without mortar, the stones fit so well.

By the way, as you're using stone "ball bearings" to roll the block up the side of the pyramid, won't these spherical stones roll all the way down once the block passes them? It's not so easy for workers to collect them and roll them up past the block for reuse.

edit on 24-9-2010 by oniongrass because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

The stone "ball bearing" may work depending on the type of ground you are trying to cross. They would have needed very hard, compacted soil or the stone spheres would have "dug in" due to the small surface area touching the ground.
Using logs as a type of "roller bearing" would probably have worked better because of the larger surface area.

top topics

join