It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad: Iran may end uranium enrichment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Ahmadinejad: Iran may end uranium enrichment

www.haaretz.com

Iran would consider ending uranium enrichment, the most crucial part of its controversial nuclear activities, if it world powers send Tehran nuclear fuel for a medical research reactor, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad told reporters Friday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Is Iran finally cracking? Are the world sanctions getting to tough on Irans economy?

They are more then able to enrich their own Uranium according to Ahmadinejad, but to deter confrontation, he is willing to make an agreement to have the fuel shipped in from abroad. Surely, this proves the mans good intentions. It is a shame to see everyone sanctioning Iran for pursuing a peaceful Nuclear fuel program, which by law of the NPT, they ARE ALOUD to pursue.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It won't matter anyway. If they make good on stopping their enrichment, the US and Israel will just claim they are still doing it from hidden facilities.

Sorry for the cynicism, but i have lost all faith in our State Department.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Uh oh, they are going to have to find another excuse for regime change. We should start a pool on what it will be. My guess will be on "financing terror" or "destabilizing Iraq". I might even put money on TPTB (Israel and Neo-Cons) trying to argue that Iran won't stop, even if they do.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

The article on Yahoo news earlier, said that Iran rejected getting 20% Uranium from Russia in an earlier proposed deal. Now that article makes no mention of it. (BTW - I read it on my BB)

ca.news.yahoo.com...
ca.news.yahoo.com...

Why has this been retracted from the original article? Did anyone else read the earlier version?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I just don't understand why Iran is not aloud to enrich its own uranium while the US has stockpiles of nukes. USA and Israel are among the most hostile countries in the world, the USA being the only country to nuke another country. Twice.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
I just don't understand why Iran is not aloud to enrich its own uranium while the US has stockpiles of nukes. USA and Israel are among the most hostile countries in the world, the USA being the only country to nuke another country. Twice.

Well we don't want them to have nukes, but we know they aren't capable of making them. The reasons for the sanctions and all the dishonest reporting, and the political frenzy being worked up against Iran is all about protecting the value of the US dollar. Airspoon wrote a great thread about that titled "Target Iran"

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiGGz

Is Iran finally cracking? Are the world sanctions getting to tough on Irans economy?

No, they are just using the "rope a dope" tactics also practiced by North Korea. Follow the ball, now which cup is it under? The world would be foolish to think this was a serious offer.

Let's look at it logically. Iran said it was enriching uranium for nuclear power. What, now they don't need it for that - just for a medical reactor? They needed to build thousands of centrifuges safely hidden underground just so they could say "just kidding, could we have a little uranium for a medical research reactor?"

If anyone wants to believe any of that, I've got what ever you want for sale cheap ...

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
Uh oh, they are going to have to find another excuse for regime change. We should start a pool on what it will be. My guess will be on "financing terror" or "destabilizing Iraq". I might even put money on TPTB (Israel and Neo-Cons) trying to argue that Iran won't stop, even if they do.

--airspoon

As I pointed out in another thread, here is your latest example of U.S. bashing, but at the same time iran can do no wrong. There's no way in your mind that iran could be lying or being otherwise deceitful?

Really, you can just automatically accept everything the iranians say? You say you love the U.S. but hate its politicians. But isn't iran also being run by (radical islamic) politicians, too? How or why do you choose to trust them more?

Even though you say you love your country, should we send the moving van?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar

Because iran has been shown to be lying about it.

I fear that some domestic U.S. bashers will never understand the reasons for concern until (in your case) a nuke goes off in Chicago and spreads fallout over Indiana due to the prevailing winds ...

edit on 9/24/2010 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

If you really want to look at it logically...fine.

Logically speaking, only one country has ever used a nuclear weapon.

Therefore, (logically speaking, as logic is based on the ability to predict an output based on previous input / output cycles) the only country to fear having nuclear weapons is the only one that has ever used one before.

I don't think using logic would be a good idea when discussing why the US can have nuclear technology and somebody else can't.

Logically speaking of course...

edit on 24-9-2010 by peck420 because: grammer / spelling

edit on 24-9-2010 by peck420 because: maybe I should get spellcheck

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
... You must have Faith in the fellow man .. do you think yourself is so evil that you can't see peace.. in yourself let alone a fellow human being.. it is the negative energy that carries and causes discourse through out this world .. we must change .. and change for the better for I have seen the past and future for mankind .. and the path has brightened not by a flash of fire and not dim from the clouds .. the Kingdom of God cometh and we all shall live as one .. in peace ...but the path is hard for evil never sleeps ..for even though one may change their core belief and be saved and forgiven ..still the embodiment of evil carries in the soul and all must find peace within .. and have Faith in Peace, Love, and Happiness to come....
...God Bless You and Yours...

edit on 24-9-2010 by Vonour because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

No this is wrong, The US government never lied to thier people? I dare you to say no they havent.. cause I got 2 word for you.. 9/11 and Iraq enough said..

Why would Iran lie, you mean like Iraq lied about thier WMD's? ya why dont we go back a few yrs and replay the same crap over again.. I think Fox Attacks Iran fits here..

I donno its just simple as the game has been played before.. How many times does it need to be played before you wake up and realize that they are BS'ing you..

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

As I pointed out in the other thread, politicians aren't the US, nor is the government. Furthermore, American foreign policy compared with Iranian foreign policy, is like comparing Hitler to Ghandi, with Iran being Ghandi.

It's quite sad that you lack any desire to question authority or to hold the American government accountable and I blame people like you for reason our country is down the tubes. It is people like you who are unAmerican and our founding fathers would be ashamed. People can't even live up to the most basic of responsibilities, and that is to hold accountable, those that speak for you.

America is supposed to have a government of, for and by the people, yet that has been stolen from us, by the very same people who have hijacked this country, all because people have failed to hold them accountable, the most unAmerican thing you can do. They love your type over in North Korea.

--airspoon

Edit to add:

I seem to remember many folks of your type, leading up to the Iraq war. If you questioned the US government, you were somehow unpatriotic. In fact, isn't that where we got freedom fries? Anyway, I was saying the same things about Iraq, that I do with Iran, basically. I was saying that they weren't connected to Al Qaeda. People like you would say how unpatriotic I was for even suggesting such a thing. Then, it came out that they weren't linked to Al Qaeda and then the next excuse came, WMD. When I was saying that WMD was all lies and just being used as an excuse to regime change, folks like you would keep spouting the same nonsense. Then the yellow cakes of Nigeria, then the evil dictator, then the spreading democracy, etc, etc, etc...

Well, it turned out that I was right, they were wrong but the sad and crazy thing is, it was so obvious from the get go. You wonder how people can lack such basic self-thinking skills. Now, it turns out that everyone who was calling BS, are the only ones who seem to value this country and respect its might, for if more people would have listen to us, 5,000 American heroes would home with their families and the 40,000 that are missing limbs and other body parts would be productive citizens again, playing football with their children. It is the ignorance and lack of a spine from those who fail to ask questions, demand the truth and think for themselves, that is to blame for all of those sensless deaths and cripples.

Turn off your FOX News because it has apparently brainwashed you into believing that anyone who questions the neo-con agenda is somehow unAmerican or American bashing. In fact, it is the opposite, as this country's pillar is that of accountability by the people and resistence to the elite who control us for their own ends. Again, they love your type in North Korea and Cuba.

--airspoon

edit on 24-9-2010 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon

As I pointed out in the other thread, politicians aren't the US, nor is the government. Furthermore, American foreign policy compared with Iranian foreign policy, is like comparing Hitler to Ghandi, with Iran being Ghandi.

--airspoon

With that response, I rest my case.

All can see now that even though we have obama (whom I dislike) telling iran the door is open for dialog - offering another olive branch if you will - while pajamaman stands up at the UN saying nothing but BS, in your mind obama is hitler and pajamaman is ghandi? That's nothing less than insane.

Care to tell us what this country did to you evoke such blind hatred?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Attack two nations without provocation

Veto every UN action calling for anything to happen related to Israel.

Demand allegiance to NAFTA while they break the rules.

Do you really want me to continue?

I don't think you realize what your government does outside it's borders. Or maybe you do and you don't care?

Edit to add: And all of this AFTER I was old enough to care about politics. I could find many more with a thorough historical search.

edit on 24-9-2010 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

No this is wrong, The US government never lied to thier people? I dare you to say no they havent.. cause I got 2 word for you.. 9/11 and Iraq enough said.

Stop putting words in my mouth. Never said that. All governments lie to their people. It's a question of degree and effect. BTW, mentioning 9/11 in this context places you squarely in the nutjob category.

Totally agree that iraq was a mistake. Do I need to repeat that for you or anyone else here?

If you didn't watch pajamaman's UN speech, I suggest you do, before defending him further.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420

Edit to add: And all of this AFTER I was old enough to care about politics. I could find many more with a thorough historical search.

edit on 24-9-2010 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

Please do your "historical search".

I have.

If you want to bash the U.S., I'm not sure you will like what you find. Hint: there have been far worse throughout history that never made any attempt to also do good in the world.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Why does his speech matter? They are nothing more than words.

It is the ACTIONS of governments that concern me.

Until Iran does something, I have no reason to believe that they will do something.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I have done my research.

Please point to an instance that the US did not BENEFIT from the "good" that they have done.

If you want to call an action good, do it without expectation of payment.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join