It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A possible reason for disclosure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It seems unlikely that full disclosure of an extraterrestrial presence at Earth would occur, unless it was seen to be necessary by the powers that be. This necessity might amount to a sense or a conviction that ETs were about to self-disclose, regardless of what Earth governments did or didn't do. The desire would presumably be, as usual with politicians, to watch which way the parade is headed, and then get to the front and march along, so as to seem to be leading it! Better that, than appear to be caught by surprise; unable to control or even anticipate the actions of a technologically superior civilization. It seems that our entry into the atomic age spurred a flurry of extraterrestrial interest, and thus UFO activity. Since we couldn't immediately reach other worlds with our new implements of destruction, such interest could be classed as proactive. A long lived civilization, used to thinking in the long term might have predicted our turning up on their doorsteps, in an uncomfortably short period of time. It could have appeared to them that it was about time for us to be introduced to the realities of life and civilization in the galaxy. The last 60-plus years may well have served as a time of preparation for us. It's not inconceivable that we are now getting close to some discovery that would hasten our traveling to the stars. The work at the Large Hadron Collider may even turn up the basis for the control of gravity. This could make extraterrestrials see the need for disclosure as more urgent than it was before. Ross

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
In my opinion the 'elites' will not reveal the presence of aliens until they have struck a deal for the elites to stay in power, or if the aliens are a threat to mankind.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
We have very few facts to work with in this area. The governments may find it either unnecessary or impossible to bargain to retain their powers. Have we any evidence that extraterrestrials are interested in exercising internal political power on this planet, or that they have aggressive or otherwise dangerous intentions? Ross

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ross 54 Have we any evidence that extraterrestrials are interested in exercising internal political power on this planet, or that they have aggressive or otherwise dangerous intentions? Ross

Well since they have neither annihilated us, nor conquered us, I guess you have your answer

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It could also be that it is getting very difficult, time consuming and expensive to cover it up. That and they don't want to get caught with their pants down just incase the ETs decide to do it regardless of approval or no approval. The elite will be self serving as usual and exploit how disclosure will serve their interests not humanity.

I really dont think most ETs have any interest in ruling over our planet...thats a trait of ownership and possession and comes from a primitive reptilian brain FEED FIGHT FEAR DEFEND DOMINATE. That need to be right and smarter than the rest while playing it off as logic or denying ignorance.

Some other characteristic of the Reptilian Brain
obsessive-compulsive behavior

personal day-to-day rituals and superstitious acts

slavish conformance to old ways of doing things

ceremonial re-enactments

obeisance to precedent, as in legal, religious, cultural, and other matters

responding to partial representations

Unflexible when presented with new ideas or concepts. (IM RIGHT DAMNIT) and I will choose who is right and who is wrong (attitude) I will tag who is ignorant and who is not.

Do I suffer from these characteristics...of couse I do. I got a reptilian brain as well. I'm just trying to get further away from it because it is no longer serving me or making me happy.

Our Amygdala overshadows our Pineal when it is supposed to be the other way around

edit on 24-9-2010 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Why would TPTB feel the need to disclose even if they thought that ET's were about to do it for them?

Far better for them that they act as surprised as the masses, and keep any prior knowledge they have to themselves............pretty much how they handle everything really.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I am willing to bet that the ET's collaborate with the Overclass of all the planets that they enslave. The main key is that they need to wait aeons until a civilization is intelligent enough to do business and politics with. Religion was the first hierarchy that the ET's established for the human race and it was only a matter of time before we developed politics and business, which they cleverly aided us in, and then the invention of mass communications has dramatically aided our abilities to propagandize and control. The aliens seek to master and control us through our hierarchical elite leaders.

edit on 24-9-2010 by quantum_flux because: clarification purposes

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
There is little left to hide when a three meter tall critter lands smack down in the middle of NY city and blows it up in a second I'd guess.

Government would disclose when pressure is high enough. That they currently don't is a sign it isn't as of yet high enough. That could change any minute now thou.

But quit with the 'when are they going to disclose' and the 'they are going to disclose on date xxxx' topics already. It will happen when it will happen.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Maybe there's nothing to disclose? We need to remember there's always that possibility.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Tend to agree that since we haven't been plowed under, or been made a part of someone's star empire, that probably isn't the intention of whatever ET races may be present at Earth. It may be correct that intelligent species eventually outgrow the tendency to do such things. Perhaps the irredeemably aggressive ones fight among themselves while still confined to their own systems, until they destroy themselves. If we are dealing with ethical beings, it may not be possible for an 'elite' to preserve its special status. It could become apparent to all just how we have been misled. Disclosure could begin the opening up process. Almost by definition, it implies an immense deception. I never try to set a specific date by which disclosure will occur. I've seen too many of these dates come and go, unfulfilled. It could happen tomorrow or a hundred years from now. Ross

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The only way it would happen is if the PTB run out of fingers to plug the dam. Things will start slipping through. At first those things will be passed off as hoaxes but then things might start getting out of hand. More an more dangerous pictures and videos will come forward followed by those who have dangerous knowledge. At some point public opinion will be swayed. When that happens it game over.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
if this happens, how many skeptics will have their head in the sand?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Actually, I think they have run out of fingers. All kinds of people sworn to secrecy are telling what they know. The government can't prosecute them because to do so would be to admit that there are just such secrets as claimed, and that it made those secrets by concealing the facts about extraterrestrials at this planet. The 'dam' is leaking like a sieve! The post-disclosure image of stubborn skeptics as ostriches is pretty funny. They will be in for a good deal of joshing, I feel. Good enough for them, they've earned it. Ross

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I don't think that they will disclose anything,unless is for their own benefit.A good reason for disclosure could be an establishment of a world wide goverment with martial law and control over everything.And the big bad wolf will of course be the aliens.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
Maybe there's nothing to disclose? We need to remember there's always that possibility.

Ya. And there has been a least some disclosure ... there have been a lot of documents declassified and dumped online. Those documents, too, suggest that there's been a cover-up largely because the government agencies don't have a friggin' clue what's going on.

No government wants to come out and say:
"Ladies and gentlemen, aircraft are flying through our airspace, scaring the hell out of a lot of citizens, and even kidnapping people." *shrug* "We don't know what's happening, and we are doing a piss-poor job of defending you -- even though you have given us a lot of power and money and handed over plenty of your liberty. Oh, and don't forget to vote."

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Now would it not be the irony of all ironies if aliens had to save us from our own government.
Any one have a sub-space transmitter to call galactic 911?

Aliens as the good guys, who knew?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The reality of the current UFO situation may well be quite simple, as 'mother 1138' suggests (above). The US of A prides itself on being the most powerful nation in the world. For this government to have to admit its helplessness in the face a greater technological power would be a very difficult, perhaps even perilous thing for it to do. It is not at all likely to do so, unless circumstances make it necessary. The expectation of an open, undeniable extraterrestrial presence could compel disclosure, and at the same time, perhaps, protect the powers that be, to some extent. In times of crisis people tend to become less critical, and more supportive of their government. The other nations of the world are used, to one degree or another, to a subordinate status. It appears that they have already been much more forthcoming about the UFO situation because of this. Ross

new topics

top topics

join