It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a UFO? My first UFO pic!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
These pics were taken by me. I got two shots of the UFO before it disappeared and did not return. It looked like it just faded as it moved to the left away from the moon.

I have the moon in the pic for reference and the city skyline is below just in view. I was standing on the balcony and saw something appear from nowhere. Thought nothing of it and just watched. It moved slowly to the left and I got my camera and took a shot then another. Then it just vanished. When I zoomed in on Microsoft Office picture Manager it has a shape to it. Never photoed a UFO before.

Let me know what you guys think please. Is this a UFO? Or what?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by L1U2C3I4F5E6R

L1U2C3I4F5E6R.....

Thank you for your interesting photo & report.

As with many such photos & reports, more information would be helpful.

Can you provide information such as.....

- What is your location?

- In which direction were you facing?

- What date was it?

- What time was it?

- Can you provide a more detailed description of the movement of the object?

- Is there an airport &/or aircraft approach path nearby?

- Can you provide the original photos?

- Do you know of any other witnesses other than yourself?

- Have you ever seen anything like this before?

Info such as this can help us to exclude prosaic explanations such as stars, planes, etc...

Regarding the "movement", you said this:

It looked like it just faded as it moved to the left away from the moon.

That's why I've asked the airplane oriented questions.

It is possible for an airplane to look like that "front on", when you're seeing the landing lights at their brightest. The plane can then appear to "fade out" as it turns & you can only see the much dimmer nav lights.

I also notice what appear to be drips of water on the edge of the ceiling / eave of the patio / verandah. If it was raining & / or cloudy, the appearance of the object & your description of the object "fading out" could be exaggerated by the cloud cover & / or poor visibility.

So.....

Those are my initial thoughts!. for what they are worth!

I hope you enjoy this discussion!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 24-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Additional info

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Hey thanks there Maybe...Maybe not.

When: About a month ago visiting a friend in Vancouver, Canada

Direction: Not sure

Time: Again can not be precise but around 3am SATURDAY night.

Weather: Clear Sky that night no cloud at all.

Object Movement: It was not a plane for sure. It was round and moving away from the Moon. When I first saw it it would of been about 2cm away from the moon in the photo and by the time i got my camera it was were it is now on the Photo. In all about 5-6mins I would guess.

Im not sure what direction I was facing and the Object moved smoothly and slowly then slower and slower till it stopped for a short while 1 min maybe maybe 1 min 30 seconds, I got my camera and took the shot you see while it was stationary then it moved when I went for the second shot and it moved a little more and faded away like it went transparent and then nothing.

Those are the original photos. well they are straight of my digital cam onto the computer. I have not printed them out as I did not really care till I saw someone post on here about UFO's.

I could easily print them out. they are on my laptop as we speak.

Vancouver Airport is around 30 miles or so and the flight path does not come over the city I do not think. Plus it was not a plane. Planes dont get slower and slower till they stop?

cheers for the comments.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Nice pics..Its obviously not cloudy or raining because any fool can clearly see the starlit sky and the drips are just a bad paintjob...

The object could be a helicopter with lights/search light etc...

I would only ask why you waited a month to post?
There may have been others that saw this or were in the area that could have helped identify..

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Good thread and great photographs, It could be Mars . It was showing around that time (GMT) STH.WST of the full moon around that time, I saw it when i was on the back shift at work and thought it was an UFO, When one of my colleagues pointed out it was Mars and was due its once every 20000yrs display..

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

I only posted today because I saw the guy in this thread here:

Ats member UFO

Having to sort of fight the critics a bit. Its hard if you think you saw something but are not really believed. So I thought I would post mine. I let him know on his thread that I had a pic too. I had no real intent of posting my pics for the reason so many post pics and are they really good enough or are they just blurs in the sky.

Its what I have. It may be a UFO (in the alien sense) or it may be man made. But it was not a chopper or a plane. I was with three people and its the best i got.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Hey no probs...

At the end of the day it's only you that needs convincing...

Others can only share opinions cause thats all they are, opinions..

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

L1U2C3I4F5E6R…..

Hey thanks there Maybe...Maybe not.

You are very welcome!

When: About a month ago visiting a friend in Vancouver, Canada
Direction: Not sure
Time: Again can not be precise but around 3am SATURDAY night.

The reason I ask for the date, time & direction is that we can look up the objects (planets, stars, satellites, etc…) that were in that part of the sky at that time.

Weather: Clear Sky that night no cloud at all.

OK…..I wasn’t sure if I was looking at stars, the city-scape, noise on the film, etc…

I also wondered if there was some scattered cloud &/or showers despite the “clear” moon, in view of what appear to be drops of water on the eave / ceiling.

Object Movement: It was not a plane for sure. It was round and moving away from the Moon. When I first saw it it would of been about 2cm away from the moon in the photo and by the time i got my camera it was were it is now on the Photo. In all about 5-6mins I would guess.

That 5-6 mins appears to suggest rather slow apparent movement……not a “darting” flight pattern as sometimes described by observers of UFOs. It could be suggested the slow apparent movement is more in keeping with that of a plane.

Im not sure what direction I was facing and the Object moved smoothly and slowly then slower and slower till it stopped for a short while 1 min maybe maybe 1 min 30 seconds, I got my camera and took the shot you see while it was stationary then it moved when I went for the second shot and it moved a little more and faded away like it went transparent and then nothing.

If it was a plane, the angle of the flight path can produce a parallax effect, thereby causing the apparent speed of the object to seemingly change, when all that is happening is the angle of the flight path is changing in relation to the viewer.

Those are the original photos. well they are straight of my digital cam onto the computer. I have not printed them out as I did not really care till I saw someone post on here about UFO's. I could easily print them out. they are on my laptop as we speak.

It’s not printing the photos that’s an issue……we’re after the EXIF data table……it can tell us a lot about what has transpired as the photo was taken.

The EXIF data does not seem to be available from your photos as posted.

Here’s an example of an EXIF data table:

Vancouver Airport is around 30 miles or so and the flight path does not come over the city I do not think.

I still think it’s worth checking aircraft flight paths.

Plus it was not a plane. Planes dont get slower and slower till they stop?

Planes can look as if they are doing that, if they are flying straight at you, as per my comments above.

Planes can also take on very strange appearances in photos & in videos……have a look at this…..

cheers for the comments.

Cheers to you too!

And…..don’t get me wrong…..

I’m not stating definitively the object is a plane….. I’m merely pointing out how a plane could look & behave a lot like the object you have photographed & described.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

edit on 24-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
The problem with “a light in the sky” photos is that it is hard to tell for certain what they can be. The best you can do is go through the list of ordinary everyday things that it could be, and only after you have exhausted every possible ordinary explanation, should you start to reach for the extraordinary explanation,

The object as you described it could be a contemporary aircraft; it has not been yet explained away, at far enough distance away, you would not even hear the aircraft but since the lights are bright it would be possible. It seems to be a bit bright for a satellite, but then again it was a clear night, and it would depend on what satellite traffic was over the area at the time.

There are other things it could be as well, but we should take a look at each possibility separately and see if there is anyway to explain why it could not be a particular possibility before moving on to the next.

top topics

join