It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If SETI's methods are incorrect, then what would be a correct method?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

(vid posted by Faiol in another SETI thread)

So there is a lot of talk of SETI and whether or not they have the correct methods to accomplish their goals.

My question for everyone is; if SETI is doing it wrong, then what is another way to accomplish the task of communicating with non-human intelligence?

I personally think that SETI, number one, could expand their range of frequency intake like stated in the video.

Second, I believe UFO's whether extra terrestrial or not, are not piloted by humans, and SETI should branch into that department. Because the vagueness of the blue book conclusions to me is an open invitation for another organization to figure it out. Especially since it was not stated that they're isnt super advanced aircraft flying around, only that the real UFOs are within our scientific knowledge. No statement of capability. I'll put that below to reference.

The official findings of the Project Blue Book investigation are as follows: "(1) No UFO reported, investigated and evaluated by the Air Force has ever given any indication of threat to our national security; (2) there has been no evidence submitted to or discovered by the Air Force that sightings categorized as 'unidentified' represent technological developments or principles beyond the range of present-day scientific knowledge; and (3) there has been no evidence indicating that sightings categorized as 'unidentified' are extraterrestrial vehicles."

Anyways, I have absolutely no real idea on another method of obtaining SETI's goals, however I think there is room for much speculation and thought, so what do you think ATS?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Didn't watch the video, I'm Micchio Kaku'd out at the moment, but it's an interesting thought. And about time we stopped relying on just this radio wave attempt to "communicate".

So I vote massive circular floodlit landing pad with big neon light arrow.

Radio-waves are fun and all, but pretty easy to keep back from the public. If they are intelligent beings, why would they send a signal when they know it could be intercepted from PTB and kept from the public. And why as UFO enthusiasts would we want the information to come that way - ourselves almost embracing a method that could be censored very easily. But with a giant spaceport everyone would know when something landed.

Probably a bit of red tape involved in that one though, but one day someone crazy and creative enough will build it
That'd be an awesome F-U to the governments, but could end up in worldwide plague or domination

Alternatively, any variation of light signals interest me. Could we not pulse a massive IR light out in sequence and look for replies? Meh.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
""if SETI is doing it wrong, then what is another way to accomplish the task of communicating with non-human intelligence? ""

I think the Former CEO of Lockheed Martin had it right !!!!

Brain power = telepathy

train the people to use portions of their
brain that have been dormant.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
""if SETI is doing it wrong, then what is another way to accomplish the task of communicating with non-human intelligence? ""

I think the Former CEO of Lockheed Martin had it right !!!!

Brain power = telepathy

train the people to use portions of their
brain that have been dormant.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
A giant neon landing pad with an arrow? I swear this would work. As far as telepathy goes I have began to meditate but I dont know if I'll ever develop awesomeness like that... I wonder though and after meditating it doesnt seem that crazy even to consider the possibility.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerForLight
My question for everyone is; if SETI is doing it wrong, then what is another way to accomplish the task of communicating with non-human intelligence?

Well for one... since there are supposedly hundreds of UFO's buzzing the Earth annually, I would tune my antennas to local space and try to pick up any ship to ship, ship to ground or ship to home base communications. Even if they had something like sub space radio ala Startrek for real time communication with home, surely they would have simple communicators for local chatter?

or... you could seek for Laser like signals..

Laser-like signal coming from Gliese 581e???
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The relevant info was added by me here after contacting the scientist from SETI who made the discovery
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 24-9-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by markymint

Radio-waves are fun and all, but pretty easy to keep back from the public. If they are intelligent beings, why would they send a signal when they know it could be intercepted from PTB and kept from the public.

Maybe because they dont want the public to know.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerForLight

My two cents for what they are worth, why only that or this, this or that but only if? If we really want to communicate with other life forms intelligent or not, why put any limitations to (our), your endeavors? All at the same time A.I., all of the time. How much bandwith did you want? Use as many frequencies and spectrums as you can all of the time and then let's see........., stop being so hypocritical.

video.google.com...#

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
The WRONG part is reporting back to the government, so that they (the government) can look into it and see if it fit to announce to the world that UFO existed and ET are really out there. And the government as we know it will never disclose such thing even if it really existed.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_0bserver85
The WRONG part is reporting back to the government, so that they (the government) can look into it and see if it fit to announce to the world that UFO existed and ET are really out there. And the government as we know it will never disclose such thing even if it really existed.

UFO = Unidentified flying object

Is pretty obvious that UFO exist, anything that flies and is unidentified is an UFO, i doubt gov's can deny that.

Now, i suppose you are talking about some UFOS that may be extraterrestrial right?

Anyway, i still dont know why gov are so important in this situation, if aliens want to be know i suppose they can do it and no gov of the world could do anything.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_0bserver85

The reason that the government will not disclose something, is because if they do they will be caught in a lie... and people will start asking more questions about OTHER programs that they also keep secret and the whole system will collapse. They can not afford that to happen...

And since we have not been either annihilated nor conquered by an Alien race, that would mean that if they do indeed exist, that they have no intention of doing so, and MOST LIKELY have some form of non-interference clause in their rulebooks

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
That depends on what you want to achieve.

If you just want to detect presence of extraterrestial intelligence, I believe we already (or rather, certain institutions in certain governments) have the capability to do so, and that it has been done. Therefore it is not a question of "how" but of political motivated "when".

If you're talking about getting into contact with these extraterrestial intelligences...

Well, then you have a choice between radio signal search which has yielded close to nothing so far (although you only need ONE, and it will change everything, and that ONE might already have been detected)...

Or... there are people who claim to have already detected and entered into contact with ET. Remote viewers, channelers and other psychics frequently report detecting, entering in contact with and even lending their bodies to extraterrestial intelligences. The problem is, mainstream society consider these people kooks who are either crazy or just want to sell books. Except of course when it concerns established religious icons such as Moses, Jesus or Mohammed, they speak to 'Angels' or God and that is politically correct...

Many of these people report that these intelligences communicate and travel by thought only. If just for once we were to take them seriously, they say ET say we have that capacity too. So, what if we don't need multi-million dollar radio-telescopes and other high tech equipment in order to track them down. What if all it takes is the right mind-set and attitude, but we must take the first step (while they just throw out teasers).

Religion teaches us to pray to God, but what if the original message of religion was how to communicate with the celestial beings? In that case, we have the manual right under our noses...

edit on 24-9-2010 by Heliocentric because: Clinging to attachment wasting time The day is free

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Personally I think the location of SETI needs to be moved to an area where atmospheric interference will not be as big an issue. Moving it to the moon, for instance, would also allow for different methods to be used that would not be as effective as on earth. Listening for signals and separating the atmospheric interference will not be as a big a problem. Sending signals could include using lasers that on earth the light would be partially dissipated before even leaving the Earth’s atmosphere, where on the moon, such difficulties would not be as big a problem.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
Personally I think the location of SETI needs to be moved to an area where atmospheric interference will not be as big an issue. Moving it to the moon, for instance, would also allow for different methods to be used that would not be as effective as on earth. Listening for signals and separating the atmospheric interference will not be as a big a problem. Sending signals could include using lasers that on earth the light would be partially dissipated before even leaving the Earth’s atmosphere, where on the moon, such difficulties would not be as big a problem.

The main problem with this solution is that Seth Shostak (the Senior Astronomer at SETI) would have a pretty long way to work. Ok, no traffic jams on the way, but commuting between California and the Moon every day would be a tough one.

Considering that government funds for SETI have already been pulled because they thought it was too expensive (in relation to what they got back), imagine the staggering costs of running it from the Moon.

Who will pay for that? Not you, not the t-shirt and key ring sales from their online shop. Bill Gates?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
If extraterrestrials are present at Earth, and want to communicate with the public at large, they could simply use radio, or television broadcast frequencies, rather than the rather obscure ones used by SETI, to which the public have virtually no access. Very difficult for TPTB to censor *that*. This mightn't be a bad way to initiate open contact. Less disturbing than giant spaceships swooping down and hovering over cities. Ross

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
1. Place a disk over Antarctica and monintor UV light spectrum..FROM the internet for transparency so that EVERYONE can monitor the spikes in signals..

2..Research on the electronic magnetic fields generated from our DNA, and tune in to such freq and wavelengths.

Other than these, SETI is nothing more than a waste of taxpayers' monies.

top topics

join