It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I introduce to you, the most dangerous species in this universe!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
That species is man.

Now follow me on this speculative adventure involving aliens and earth.

Lets say aliens are real and have been involved in Earths affairs since the 40's as speculated. We have at least two routes to take as to why they haven't made their presence known.
a. Aliens are good and don't believe we're ready.
b. Aliens are bad and have bad intentions and are thus working covertly.

I'm coming from the angle that the aliens have bad or at least scientifically cold intentions. Keep in mind this is just speculation from this side, but if aliens are as advanced as reported, why haven't they just come and crushed us?

Surely a species capable of intergalactic travel have the technology to wipe this planet clean in 24 hours right? Even if there is a Union of alien species and there are good ones that protect us, a renegade species would have long ago conquered this planet for its resources?

My belief is that human beings maybe the most powerful, dangerous species in the universes. As limited as we are technologically (at least as far as we the people know), there's something about us that makes us impervious to planet-wide defeat.

I think our ability to adapt and think outside the box trumps anything aliens can have. If a alien ship decided to remain in orbit and reign fire upon us, it would only be a matter of time before we figured a way to get to that ship. Maybe it's only when we're faced with dire situations that we scrape our full potential.

If an alien species were to attempt biological warfare, we're so diverse and adaptive, it would only be a matter of time before we figured a way to defeat or adapt to that.

Here's the kicker, once we adapt to a catastrophe, we come back stronger!

Ladies and gentleman we are the ULTIMATE cockroach!

Just a little fun, but there really is something to this.

I believe aliens or advanced societies as powerful as they are, realize that the human race is even more powerful.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I thought this was going to be a study about divorce attorneys!

Yes, on point, I agree that humanity is far more dangerous and randomly dangerous than any other animal around. At least with predatory animals you know what you're getting into. They don't tend to befriend you before using you as a mid-day snack.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

Kind of an obvious answer seeing as how the only species we know of are on earth and we are on the top of the food chain.

Although I do hope you are right. The alternative is that there are beings out there that can exterminate us and I don't feel like being exterminated.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I think the most dangerous species is nanobots.

Humans can feel remorse.

edit on 9/23/10 by ohsnaptruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Well, its a half full half empty kind of question. Personal opinion based if you will.

Its not evil, but those who see evil and do nothing that makes the world a bad place. -Einstein

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
OK, I agree sort of. Man is the most dangerous(destructive) species on earth.
We can't seem to prove if we are alone or not.
We have no idea who the universal badboy is..yet

edit on 23-9-2010 by SLaPPiE because: I like to edit, Plus this is like an extra place to type stuff

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I've always been rather fond of this line from the movie "Contact" :
Your species is capable of such beautiful dreams.......and such terrible nightmares.

Every year that passes, pushes back our "start date" for civilization just a little bit further. At some point archeology will, I think, be forced to concede the possibility of more than one "start date" i.e, more than one civilization.

Humans = sentient cockroaches, hehe, I kinda like the perverse irony in that.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
You can't size up an enemy or friend you don't even know. It's just your opinion.
But what makes us humans is our intelligence, they surely have a higher amount of intelligence since they were here possibly millions of years ago. That is like saying a bees nest is likely to take over the world because if they are invaded they can defend themselves primitively
until another intelligence species with a flame thrower comes by and kills them all like what they are:
pests
have you ever thought that they consider us pests?
did you ever want to explain how to build a plane to an ant?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

No, this system is not the most negative, and there are many souls coming in from systems even more negative, where the only way to advance is to say no to a bad order and suffere severe consequences.

Earth is a testing grounds, for many its like final exam, with Groundhog Day like repeats until they get right, and a prison school/reform school for others where they learn what inequality and lack of kindess and love really mean. Its for this reason that benevolent ETs have a non-interference policy for they can't interfere in our tests but nudge us, and work with us when its permitted.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Human beings are pussy cats in the universe.

Just wait until you meet the Spider people of Yarnav 4! It's all true.........

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

While your comment sounds elegant enough, I have to wonder what you are basing it on.

Was it posed as philosophical ideology, or something else, in any case can you prove your statements?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

No, this system is not the most negative, and there are many souls coming in from systems even more negative, where the only way to advance is to say no to a bad order and suffere severe consequences.

Earth is a testing grounds, for many its like final exam, with Groundhog Day like repeats until they get right, and a prison school/reform school for others where they learn what inequality and lack of kindess and love really mean. Its for this reason that benevolent ETs have a non-interference policy for they can't interfere in our tests but nudge us, and work with us when its permitted.

Why do you always speak like what you say is fact when in reality it's just speculation?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I thought this was going to be a study about divorce attorneys!

Yes, on point, I agree that humanity is far more dangerous and randomly dangerous than any other animal around. At least with predatory animals you know what you're getting into. They don't tend to befriend you before using you as a mid-day snack.

Well, but that is because you forget that we humans are predatory animals too, well, with the exception of tree huggers.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I feel so superior

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Well, certainly the most dangerous on Earth. Admittedly I am not so sure we are aware of every species in the Universe.... Hell, we are still finding new species right here on Earth....

I would bet there are other civilizations out there somewhere, similar to ours... Maybe worse...

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
If the aliens are any good at genetic engineering they could just try toughening up the Anopheles mosquito a bit. It's already responsible for over 1 million deaths every year and is estimated to have killed more people in history then every single war put together.
In some respects it's MORE deadly then man.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
The real question here is , Is man more deadly by happenstance?
Or...
Is mankind more deadly by intent?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Quasar_La-Zar

But if we're pests and they're so superior, why aren't we already gone? One thing I've learned in hostile situations is that if your adversary hesitates or is unsure in their attack, it's probably because they sense or know your capabilities.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
reply to post by Unity_99

While your comment sounds elegant enough, I have to wonder what you are basing it on.

Was it posed as philosophical ideology, or something else, in any case can you prove your statements?

It is mostly ideology, but I think there's something to it. Take how ferocious the short-faced bear was or the giant monitor in Australia, physically they would devour a person but where are they now?

What I get at is the aliens may actually be afraid of us, of awaking something in us. I think we have capabilities we haven't even touched....at least in a while. To cut thru the ruff, I think that if the people of Earth ever had to unite against a foe and were all nsync, we'd find that we could make night into day by merely wanting it.

I think it could be the reason aliens (if real) would wish to be covert in their actions.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Perhaps our best trait is our resilience, which on the planetary level, is also our most dangerous flaw: surviving to fight (each other) another day. Humanity is quite literally a giant civilization of warring cockroaches, there's no better way to describe it. A good majority of our intelligence has been driven through both military and non-military defense and armament. I don't think the military half is necessarily a bad thing either, we're just focusing our efforts in the wrong direction.

ET would have noticed this long ago, obviously. If we were a threat to their survival, we would've been toast the moment we weaponized atom power. If they wanted our planet for themselves, they probably would've invaded before the industrial revolution and made every human a slave (or farm animal.)

Any intelligent species would know that the biggest threat to humanity is humanity itself. At the very least, ET would be here to prevent that from happening. Or they could just be here to watch the show. Maybe Earth is their HBO and they really hate re-runs.

But what if they aren't waiting to help us, or "disclose themselves," but rather waiting for us to help them, or "disclose ourselves"? They could be egging us on in the right direction, maybe even forcing us in the right direction. It could very well be that humanity is on the verge of something big, and that this "something" is very important to ET.

There's definitely something special about humanity and/or Earth, no doubt about that.

edit on 24-9-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join