It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government watching emails and txt?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Is this legal? How would they do it? How do I beat it! I think I'm being watched

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Are you for real?

What possible way could you know your being watched. Please provide evidence of you being watched. I believe its not legal. But you might not be doing something legal if your being watched.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Why would the government want to watch you?
Are you associated with criminals or terrorists?
Are you important in some way? Probably not.
Do you really think "the government" has thousands and thousands of people monitoring ordinary people? Why would they?
There are billions of e mails every day, it would be impossible and a huge waste of time and resources to read them all.
Same for texts. I don't think anyone cares what time you meet your friends to hang out at the mall!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

I totally agree with your angle on this post as I think its more DISinfo...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ragsntatters

Paranoia tbh, think of how much agents or computers would have to go through....Ghostfox for web browsing anonymity, maybe subscribe to the new Pirate ISP that has been established for total anonymity on the internet.

Protection should be purchased, your router/windows settings locked down.

Most of all, don't worry. As long as you arn't in some paedophile ring, I'm sure the goverment and/or law enforcement won't have a problem wtih your browsing/internet habits.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
they are watching us. Maybe not all of us, but the ones that are up, they ones that are peaking the emotional output meters, you better believe they've got their eyes on you. Hey, it may not be what we consider to be our government, for all we know, it could be another government, or a different force entirely, otherworldly perhaps. Don't stress the naysayers, if you feel it, you feel it, and it is real, TRUST ME, you just gotta figure out who/what is watching you.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I agree with the last couple post, what makes u suspicious of bieng watched ? but anyways if you have concerns that you are bieng watched u should look into installing a network packet sniffer on your computer.If you are using windows then i would suggest trying to use wireshark .www.wireshark.org... That bieng said if you dont know what your looking for then alll the data u will see will be useless.Google (wireshark tutorials) is a great teacher.If you are using a wireless Ap then make sure its using atleast some form of encryption, and for the truly paranoid then look into using truly anonomous proxy servers to browse the net.Hope this helps and good luck .

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Consider what a "terrorist" is though...it's the goverment's perception of what is a terrorist that worries me. Conspiracy theorists are almost considered terrorists, they have tried to create legislation to stop conspiracy theorists, lol!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Of course it's happening, have none of you guys ever heard of Echelon?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
It is common knowledge that there are "trigger" worlds that cause your conversation to be recorded or your email to be redirected. However finding the list of trigger word's is likely as impossible as avoiding using all the words.

That being said I don’t like the idea of being recorded. In contradiction I don’t like being a victim of terrorism either....whether terrorism is real and who the terrorist’s really are is up to you

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
Of course it's happening, have none of you guys ever heard of Echelon?

I guess they dont pay attention to Virginia antenna array. good post.

2nd

edit on 9/23/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Of course.
It responds to keywords, or most liley combinations and repetative use of these words.
Nothing in the "government" has unlimited resources. It would be stupid to waste them.
Any real survellielance would come from a narrowd focus, NOT because somebody posts on ATS!

Think guys! Less drama, more logic!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The Fourth Amendment

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects,
against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no
Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation,
and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things
to be seized.

There are provisions in the Patriot Act that circumvent the Fourth Amendment's
protection against warrantless searches. If the government can even make a
weak case that you might be a potential terrorists or be affiliated in any way with
a terror organization, then as of right now you can be surveilled by any means
and you will have no recourse but the judicial process.

Which I have been waiting for for 10 years now. Someone to challenge the Patty Act
at the SCOTUS level.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I must ask... why is this in the introductions forum
not a very good way to get stars lol

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I agree, but the OP wasn't very specific in stating in what way he believes he's being watched, it come be his horny house wife next door for all I know

Your right in saying the Goverments resources are not infinite, I watched Spooks (a fictional TV drama revolving around MI5) the other day and laughed out out loud when one of the characters said they had a worm that would harness the power of the all the computers in London to launch a DOS attack...

I'm sure their powers/capacity are not infinite but I'm sure theyre a lot greater than we imagine.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Just don't say anything on the list.

www.flyninja.net...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I do not believe that you are aware of this, but since the patriot act, all communication inwards or outwards of the United States is monitored, recorded saved.

The project name for surveillance, if I remember correctly is "echelon".

NSA and CIA programs running on almost every Cell phone , Internet , telephone company hubs on the planet. Nothing isnt filtered. Everyone is watched. Only those that are within certain criteria get noticed or flagged. That's why you have some people threatening to blow up an airport as a joke on twitter, and you have the authorities swinging by the next day with all the information needed.

I mean you are talking about an intelligence community that has dirt on every single organisation in the world. Trust me, EVERYTHING is always taped. And the United States Constitution does not apply where the CIA and NSA are not strictly mentionned. They are the one you need to be affraid of.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
the NSA is watching you , me and and one that makes a call, sends a text, or uses a comp, see Nova, the spy Factory, all info is sent to the supper comp, so one day, some one will read this, so i say hi how are you? find any thing good today? so yes you are being read, and listened too, just not today, unless you say a key word or phrase,then off go the "flags" and then it , your text, or voice recording is sent to a decipher for more advanced deciphering. they now who you are.

edit on 23-9-2010 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
We are all being watched in one way or another, though whether you are being signled out is something else entirely. I think it is pretty much a given that all of our digital communication is being watched, as is evident with the NSA/at&t data centers. After 2001, the NAS started building these data centers to intercept all data transmitted through the internet backbone, to include phone calls. At least one at&t employee has come forward saying that the NSA has set up shop in their data centers, routing all traffic into a top secret room, where that information is collected and parsed.

If you transmit digital data, whether by the internet or through a cell phone or even land-line, chances are that it is being snooped on by the NSA. There have even been employees of the Air Force/NSA to come forward, saying that they were made to listen to ordinary American conversations and that they had the ability to listen in on any person, at any time. What really gets me is that they can pretty much snoop into our lives and find out everything about us, to include what we had for breakfast this morning, yet they claim to have no idea where Bin Laden is. Yeah right!

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Yeah as long as you don't say trigger words you should be fine. Just curious why do you think your being watched

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join