It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top ten unsolved problems in physics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This is a great website I came across. Something we chat about and discuss as a unit of intelligent humans. Tell me what you guys think of this site.
www.oglethorpe.edu...
This is a list of the top ten unsolved problems in physics.

How can quantum gravity help explain the origin of the universe? Two of the great theories of modern physics are the standard model, which uses quantum mechanics to describe the subatomic particles and the forces they obey, and general relativity, the theory of gravity. Physicists have long hoped that merging the two into a "theory of everything" -- quantum gravity -- would yield a deeper understanding of the universe, including how it spontaneously popped into existence with the Big Bang. The leading candidate for this merger is superstring theory, or M theory, as the latest, souped-up version is called (with the M standing for "magic," "mystery," or "mother of all theories").

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Just 10 ???

Seems to me that you could add many, many more unsolved questions to the list based on our understanding (or lack off) regarding processes and events occurring at the atomic scale. Basically we have yet to come up with an indepth explanation for what happens at that scale ... we can see and make use of the gross effects but without having any clear understanding of how those effects actually work.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

righto ho then

theory of atoms
atoms have electrons these electrons interact at there outermost shell to share their orbit with other atoms to ballence out their shell into a stable compound(or do they)

there are legrange points around our planet where if an object was placed would keep the same distance from the earth without effort required to continue momentum

these points are either filled or viod now when two different atoms encounter one another some of their orbiting electrons locate these lagrange points and are bound by not having to expell any energy to hold the location
when an orbiting electron is frozen (still moving) into this point it creats a bond and forms a compound

electrons arnt orbiting around a stationary nuclus the nuleus spins and the electrons are bound to a cetain alignment above (like a Geostationary Orbit) their location in the layers avaliable (like lower earth orbitand upper earth orbit)
only have a fixed number of spaces for these electrons dependant on charge/distance/speed vs over all charge of the nuclus

now the la grange electrons are holding the bond and sharing the space of electron shells AND filling the electron shell to make a balenced outter most shell (orbit)

now add frequency to the equation
uneven orbits or unbalenced electron shells vibrate and self destruct into individual atoms because these lagrange points arnt constant

add a directed frequency at the nuclus and desturb the rotation and witness a collapse of the force repeling the electrons from the nucleus (the atoms move closer together) remove the frequency and the atoms snap back to their places

this is my theory as to the basic building blocks of matter

xploder

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

luv it... ur getting there...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Interesting as a quantum is a jump or a pulse and that is exactly how
the electrical force is transmitted.
Ions and charges pulsed from Sun explosions freeing quantum pulses
of force.
We have not been told of the pressure wave of electricity but I feel
many hold to electrical momentum perhaps guiding the planets.
If negative charges leave the Sun and are held by Earth then the
force of charge takes over for gravity.
I think there might be an even greater force than electricity however.

new topics

top topics

join