It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Point of ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I've lurked around the site for a few months and have realized one simple thing: each and every topic except for UFOs on Youtube are never solved to a point of even having a thread. It all starts with one person creating a thread, 3-4 people agreeing or thanking the OP for posting their info; and then the rest of the thread is people bashing everyone who posts saying that they believe it.

There are so many "debunkers" on ATS that nothing can ever be believed. Every thread sounds exactly like this:

1. OP posts a topic.
2. Thanks OP, interesting stuff!
3. Nope, fake and impossible.
4. OP begins to look crazy for believing such claims.

Hardly ever do I see posts to debunk the debunkers; they just have free reign in telling everyone they are wrong...thus destroying the topic. Is there a debunking crew on this site that is called into every topic?

Just my thoughts; still love the site though.
inb4 the ban.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The "Skeptics" and the "Debunkers" are one integral part of the idea behind the website..

DENY IGNORANCE

Some may be rude or overly judgemental, but in the long run they serve a very needed purpose.

in any case,

Welcome Aboard!

May your stay here be as enlightening as it is entertaining.

~meathead

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I don't condone personal attacks.

Debunkers are needed. I believe this site is for all who want to share there opinion's and beliefs regarding certain topics. I guess when someone starts a thread, they should expect to defend their position.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Well, alot of peoples stuff gets debunked cause well, ..... its usually garbage.

We tend to get alot of gullible members who beleive everything, or crazy people with far out predictions.

The debunkers are those of us who have simply been here awhile and have quite literaly ... seen it all.

Video's of puppet aliens, CGI, predictions which NEVER come true, or desperate people who crave attention and are inevitably proven wrong.

As you can imagine, after so long one becomes skeptical on almost everything. Yet when there is legitimate evidence, I've also seen members band together to truly discuss it's possiblities. So while there are many skeptics, ..... we aren't blind skeptics.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Thanks OP interesting topic but impossible to believe

new topics

top topics

join