It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake Planes?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Well, I recently came across a weird video of a supposedly "fake plane". I looked on YouTube and unsurprisingly I found more, however a search for "fake plane" on ATS revealed almost nothing at all, so I'm assuming the following videos have never been posted before, correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, if these are in fact real and not edited or hoaxed in some way, I was wondering what you guys think they might be. Perhaps UFO's trying to disguise themselves as regular planes? Holograph testing by HAARP or other facilities? Are they connected in some way to "chemtrails"? Thoughts?

Some really weird things are going on in those videos, you need to watch them to the end!

edit on 21/9/10 by CHA0S because: grammar

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

The second video looks like it has a V tail.

The first video appears normal - a slight illusion

Pause this video when it is aligned with the people standing.
The far engine appears to hang down! (Illusion)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

The second video looks like it has a V tail.
So what about the diamond shape wings which then seem to become straight at the back?

The first video appears normal - a slight illusion
What about the disappearing right engine which can be seen clearly at 3 separate points in the video?

Both those things happen later in the videos, indicating you haven't watch them in their entirety.

edit on 21/9/10 by CHA0S because: grammar

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

CHA0S.....

The videos show planes.

There is no such thing as a chemtrail.

HAAARP never did anything to anybody.

I note the first video was also the subject of a recent thread.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

CHA0S.....
MMN.....

The videos show planes.
Perhaps.

There is no such thing as a chemtrail.
Probably correct.

Not yet.

I note the first video was also the subject of a recent thread.
You wouldn't have a link handy would you?

edit on 21/9/10 by CHA0S because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I don't know, maybe I'm missing something here.
I only watched the first video. But by applying a variety of filters and effects is supposed to prove that a plane doesn't really exist? This is not my field of expertise by any means but as an example I took your avatar and applied some filters and effects and see things that weren't easily apparent appear and other things disappear. What am I missing here?

A quick google search for a 90x consumer grade optical zoom camcorder came up empty so I'm assuming that this was a combined optical and digital zoom. Digital zoom isn't accurate as it involves interpolation which essentially creates something from nothing. My amateur knowledge tells me that someone is more ignorant than I am of applying digital zoom, filters and effects and trying to make a case to prove something that isn't true. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than myself can correct me where I'm wrong here but I basically see nothing here but essentially a hoax.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I watched them both through to the end.

I didn't notice the wings came to a point- I will think on that one.

The engines in the 2nd video have blue tips (same color as the sky)
When the plane turns I still see the part mounted to the wing.
The front of the engine disappears in the sky as they are the same color.
When I can't see the engine I see the shadow of it on the fuselage.

So I see the mount or the shadow of it all the way through. at 2:50 - 3:15 and 5:50

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

The front of the engine disappears in the sky as they are the same color.
When I can't see the engine I see the shadow of it on the fuselage.
Hmmm...I guess that's possible, but you would think it would be at least even slightly visible when he starts applying filters and effects (especially the emboss one), but it doesn't seem to be.

reply to post by Three_moons

Well, umm, try reading my first post in this thread (other than the OP), this doesn't really have anything to do with the part where filters and effects were being used, they are just used to highlight things and show that some things aren't visible no matter which effect or filter is used.

edit on 21/9/10 by CHA0S because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

So what about the diamond shape wings which then seem to become straight at the back?

That's called perspective i believe.

What about the disappearing right engine which can be seen clearly at 3 separate points in the video?

The engine is still there, but the filter he's using makes it harder to notice, it is also because of the light and once again, perspective, this guy seems to have missed school for a while and things that are pretty normal for the rest he takes as unexplained phenomena, kind of made me remember the lady who has never seen a rainbow, the video was on youtube somewhere.

Actually, the front of both engines have a different darker color than the plane (i mean the shadows), if you look beyond what the image filter forces your eyes to see, you will notice both engines are there, only that the right engine seem to be 'merged' to the front of the plane because of the low detail and the forced colors and perspective, but what looks like the cockpit in a dark color is actually the engine, look very close and you can see where it merges with the wing. (somebody already pointed that out, what i mean is you can see where the engine is attached to the wing, it looks very thin but is there, the colors and not very good and detail is low, that's why it seems to disappear)

That's what the first video is all about, the second video is also a plane very far which as it gets near more detail can be seen, therefore seems to be changing form, a car at night can look just like a single light in the distance, then as it gets closer it will change into two lights, then you will start seeing more detail until it becomes a full car, also if it comes from higher ground it will at first look like is coming from the sky, but in reality is just the road as can be seen anywhere any day, just look at google images for lots of examples of that.

I don't know, i thought this was something else, the guy who created the videos is kind of missing going out more, sorry, these are not the ufos we are looking for (wave hand at myself in mysterious way and away i go)

Kai

edit on 21-9-2010 by Kaifan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I am still trying to figure out my video filter program- it ain't easy

However, I would think (with this certain plane) having the blue tipped engine being the same color as the sky... the filters can't see it either.

I am waiting for mabymabynot to post the other thread.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

Yeah, after watching it again it's clear that's what it is, but are there any planes with diamond shape wings like that, I just thought that was rather weird shape.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

CHA0S.....

You wouldn't have a link handy would you?

I'm trying to find it for you, but I can't seem to find the correct search "words"!

May I also recommend some of the excellent work by Depthoffield on the appearances of planes under such illumination & viewing conditions.

I will post some of his work for you when I have some time later on (I have to go out now.....)

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 21-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I am a believer in UFO's but i watched your video's and all i saw were planes !!!
2nd line

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I think it has to do with camera issues beyond my complete understanding and knowing the specifics of the camera such as the digital zoom level, the CCD sensibility and limitations, lighting issues, other camera created anomalies and artifacts as well as possible optical illusions.

I know enough from experience to state what I did. Things appear and disappear because of camera limitations and the surrounding environment. Who even knows if the "original" video is actually the original video without any effects. I've played around enough with photo and video manipulating software to know that small changes can make big differences. Like I said, I'm far from an expert on this and it's only my opinion.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
reply to post by Kaifan

Yeah, after watching it again it's clear that's what it is, but are there any planes with diamond shape wings like that, I just thought that was rather weird shape.

Similar to this one maybe?

images.brighthub.com...

Kai

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

Well, I guess these two videos can be pretty much summed up as natural illusions/camera tricks. I guess this "fake plane" topic can rest in peace until a new bit of footage comes to light.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I have seen a fake plan very close overhead on 2 occasions. I seen it 2 days in a row. It was flying very low and actually looked really crap. It caused traffic to stop on the roads it was going so low. THe paintwork on it was terrible and it looked like the whole front windows were painted on. I never posted anything on it because I didn't get any footage.

I just guessed it was some kind of drone and was mad I didn't get a pic.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
This is so funny, because now I realized what alot of these 'ufo' videos are.
Approaching airplanes. I've seen tons of these videos on youtube and could explain a few of them.

The 3 lights are in the same order of the 3 lights on any existing commercial airliner.
You can actually see the lights flashing on the second video.

I live close to a major airport and see the same thing sometimes.
I actually watched a light get bright, then dissappear.
I thought for sure it was a 'ufo', but to my dismay it was an approaching commercial airplane.
The airplane is maneuvering to get in line with the airport landing strip.

Therefore, you see the front of the plane and it's landing lights, looking like a 3 lighted 'ufo'.

Simple really.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Maybe...maybe not

Tenuous claim there dud.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I just love how guys on youtube and on here use filters on their videos as if they know what they are doing

ask yourself this Chaos why use the emboss filter at all!.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join