It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men's-rights activists seek right to decline fatherhood in event of unplanned pregnancy

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mayertuck

Gee.....a majority of politicians worldwide are men, a majority of CEOs at the helm running the largest corporations worldwide are men, ALL larger bankers are men, a majority who runs the Tax offices worldwide are men.....HELLO !!!!

and men can't say NO to a woman?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

And what exactly is your point? Even though that may be the case the laws on the books overwhelmingly favor women, do they not? Your argument has no bearing whatsoever on the topic at hand. Just as I said in my previous post. So because some Bigwig or politician has that type of power, joe schmoe on the street who has none of that should be held soley responsible for a choice that is made by both people. Now that is truly funny.

You asked me to be more specific, and I gladly did so in the interest in the debate. I asked you a question thatis logically sound and get a reply that is completely illogical and ludicrous, all the while not answering my question to you. So I will ask it again. hope you can summon up the intestional fortitude to actually answer the question this time.

Now here is the question again:
So since I know the standard comeback which is some variation of but "she has to carry it" the question I have for you is: should men and women have different rights because of biology?
edit on 29-10-2010 by mayertuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

YES

is that a problem?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Sorry I did'nt get back to you, must had missed the thread amongst the thought of Alien starships heading our way, Obama having a melt down, volcanos blowing their tops and ghosts trying to scare our American brothers in Iraq.....too much to deal with

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

So then I assume you would be ok with women being excluded from certain jobs because of their relative strength compared to men? Or some other form of gender discrimination based off of the biological differences of men and women correct?

So no I wouldn't have a problem with your opinion as long as it is across the board whether it benefits a female or not. If it doesn't or you answer no to any of the above questions then yes I will have a problem and consider it hypocritical.

Also want to say this again so their is no illusions or questions, I firlmly believe that all people should have equal rights regardless of a physical, religious, etc differences. However if we are going to say biology is a good enough reason to bring back Jim Crow and seperate but equal it should be across the board and not a situation where it only benefits one group.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Here`s a video I watched yesterday,its about equality in the UK,I doubt it would vary much in any western society.

I found within it some good points I had overlooked,one of which the small amount of funding for male prostate cancer treatment/research compared to breast cancer where women live longer in general,work less than males yet are entitled to retire earlier than males.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

I like equality in the work place however I'm not that stupid to say that all women can do certain jobs that require physical strength of a man but believe me there are SOME women out there that can.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Both men AND women are becoming more aware of Prostate Cancer however women do top the chart in campaigning for Breast Cancer. Women are joining their male counterparts becoming more involved with campaigning for Prostate Cancer however men really do have to become alot more involved to help their cause. Sitting around complaining about women all their lives won't help, you know. So give us a break. I'm one of those women helping where I can with Prostate Cancer campaigns....and I'm an old fashioned feminist!

Got a problem with that?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   

And I agree but you said you support different rights based off of biological differences.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
Sitting around complaining about women all their lives won't help, you know. So give us a break. I'm one of those women helping where I can with Prostate Cancer campaigns....and I'm an old fashioned feminist!

Got a problem with that?

Get one thing straight,I`m not complaining about women.To also assume men sit around all their lives on this topic would be delusional.

I`m and others are discussing inequality here.

Got a problem with that?

*edit*
I`ll quote myself again so it may become clearer with an underline.

I found within it some good points I had overlooked,one of which the small amount of funding for male prostate cancer treatment/research compared to breast cancer where women live longer in general,work less than males yet are entitled to retire earlier than males.

edit on 29-10-2010 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

And I admire anyone, but its not just about men getting of of their butts, its about men being disposable, so tthere isn't a socially valid reason for it to be in the limelight. Once breast cancer became a social cause then it came into the limelight and took off from there.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

great find gps. Pretty much points i have argued before in this thread and others.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Yeah mate.

Trouble is we wont see all those points in the MSM.

Its got so bad,last year there was a radio program over here that was requesting calls on fathers day,for people to ring up and tell of the stupid things your husband/dad had done.

Just try that crap on mothers day.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
man should have the right to decline,if the woman left him and got with another man,and then sayd that she is pregnant by him. time for equality!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Its here also, or one of my personal favorites "deadbeat dad raids" on fathers day for failure to pay child support, along with a message from the president further demonizing men. Women get no such treatment, even though statistically they are more likely to not pay child support.

Also another good place for those videos would be this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

That's a really silly comment you made; we get the funding because us WOMEN have been campaigning for it FOR YEARS AND YEARS to our politicians AND marketed goods for research......while you men sit on your butts and do squat !!!

[SNIP]
edit on Fri Oct 29 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Today's women DO in fact work ALOT harder than men AND for more years. I've been in fulltime employment for 36 years out of 37 years and no plans of retiring any time soon. My bet is half of the men on this thread could'nt match that and all the while bring up afew kids alone (one with a moderate disability) with little or no child support....do ya all hear me whine about that? NO siree!!! As tough life might be for us from time to time, I'd gladly do it all again just to have what I've got today.

Now [SNIP], the world don't evolve around you....our lives evolve around our kids for they will be paying your god damn pension you'll have ya hands out for in no time at all...not to mention all the other stuff the system pays for you thanks to OUR kid's taxes!!!

You don't want to take responsibility for your own kid?...forget your pension, better still, go get that vasectomy!!! Now go cry baby somewhere else where someone cares...[SNIP] You don't like it? Tough luck!
edit on Fri Oct 29 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: Ad Hominem Attacks And You

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

yup all we do is whine? just like we are doing here trying to raise awareness for the issues. But were men, so we must be whining right?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Whatever you say. Last time I checked, it was women whining WAY more than men about their lack of achievements in the areas that men tend to excel. Whereas, VERY few men complain about their underachievement in the areas women tend to excel in.

An old-fashioned Feminist like you cannot indoctrinate a new-age Realist like me. Furthermore, your trolling ways and tendency to call those who do not share your views as stupid makes you seem very immature and narrow-minded for your age.
edit on 29/10/2010 by Dark Ghost because: spelling

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Most of you are whiners.....geez, what happens when you're sick and bed ridden? In my house you have 24 hours to improve or I make you do 100 push ups and a 5 km power walk...basically I kick your arses out of bed on the 24.01 hour and not a second longer!

new topics

top topics

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join