It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HR8791 - alien invasion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
i know most of you have already seen this video before... where rep. john haller introduces a bill that will.... well classified....

i had never paid attention to this bit before... around the one minute mark he mentions about air-force units combating.... classified.... due to their enormous size and OTHER WORLDLY strengths

any thoughts

edit on 16/9/10 by mcrom901 because: colour code

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcrom901
i know most of you have already seen this video before... where rep. john haller introduces a bill

Thanks - I enjoyed seeing that video again.

Although you don't mention the fact, you may know this is a (fairly funny) hoax/spoof by The Onion.

The logo at the bottom right of the screen is the logo of The Onion, made to look a bit like the logo of C-SPAN.

For those of you not familiar with The Onion, as described on wikipedia, The Onion "parodies such traditional newspaper features as editorials, man-on-the-street interviews, and stock quotes on a traditional newspaper layout with an AP-style editorial voice".

The video above isn't a video "where rep. john haller introduces a bill" - it would be more accurate to say that it is a video of someone (not the real representative of the district displayed on the banner at the bottom of the video, i.e. Pennsylvania 12th District) appearing to introduce a bill.

(If you do a Google search on "John Haller" and "John Murtha" you will find various relevant webpages).

All the best,

Isaac

edit on 16-9-2010 by IsaacKoi because: Typo

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
That's crazy... How many more 'Classified" statements can he make. And underground classified? Enormous size??? I don't think any terriorist group has an enormous size of anything. Sounds to me like it's.... "Classified".. (Alien)

CX

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I'm sure this has been on ATS recently.

I think its from The Onion, therefore everyone is shouting that it is a joke, however i guess there would be occasions when they would have to vote on bills like this.

CX.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Originally posted by mcrom901
i know most of you have already seen this video before... where rep. john haller introduces a bill

Although you don't mention the fact, you may know this is a (fairly funny) hoax/spoof by The Onion.

It isn't a video "where rep. john haller introduces a bill" - it would be more accurate to say that it is a video of someone (not the real representative of the district displayed on the banner at the bottom of the video, i.e. Pennsylvania 12th District) appearing to introduce a bill.

(If you do a Google search on "John Haller" and "John Murtha" you will find various relevant webpages).

All the best,

Isaac

Ok, even if it was a joke? I'm still thinking it has to do with some sort of disclosure something. You know, prepare with a joke or hoax so the public can become numb to it, then when the real deal hits, it's not such a shock.

edit on 16-9-2010 by IsaacKoi because: typo

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
yea I have seen this before.
Did he say a new bill of rights would be
ratified by "classified" ????
Under what dire circumstances are
we gonna lose the old ones????

Could it be that this is what FEMA
has all those coffins on stand-by
for??? I have no idea how a congressman
can vote on something like this
as vague as it is. I mean really,
this sounds like a bigger conspiracy
theory than 9/11.

Watch the video again and every time
he uses the word "classified" substitute the
word ALIENS and see if it makes
a lot more sense.

Carol Rosin warned us of this day and she
got it straight from Von Braun.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
This is why we must be careful of how we present material. This is a scripted parody made to entertain those who ridicule any who express belief that there is a body of facts to which the public is kept ignorant.

Some get a real thrill when these things are posted in communities which discuss the possibility.

It was meant to be as outrageous a joke as the outrageous content it delivers.

Funny? Yes. But it's a trap for news consumers who think that if it appears to be a legitimate news production it contains facts.

The Onion is simply entertaining.... not informative (at least as far as I can tell.)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I totally agree. I was fooled too yesterday, by the onion.. It was about a person who bought a burger at burger king, and then he found a human head in the burger
But then I saw the onion logo, and that it could never ever be true. So its fake, no doubt. But it's very well done and looks really professional.

edit on 17031992 by ypperst because: Fixed some words

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
...The Onion is simply entertaining.... not informative (at least as far as I can tell.)

Well, some could argue that The Onion provides a greater service than simply being "entertaining"...

it is also a great source for cultural and political satire, which (at least I think) is more than just entertainment. Well-executed satire is its own form of journalistic commentary.

edit on 9/16/2010 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
lol
it's onion satire

there is an earlier ATS thread
on it here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

...The Onion is simply entertaining.... not informative (at least as far as I can tell.)

Well, some could argue that The Onion provides a greater service than simply being "entertaining"...

it is also a great source for cultural and political satire, which (at least I think) is more than just entertainment.

edit on 9/16/2010 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

You know, considering that point... you're right. Satire and parody can be a very useful means of communicating...

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

thanks

i was aware of the onion.... but had not noticed their logo in this one.... *facepalm*

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

This is why we must be careful of how we present material. This is a scripted parody made to entertain those who ridicule any who express belief that there is a body of facts to which the public is kept ignorant.

Is it? Or is it a parody of how Congress considers bills that either We the People have no idea the content of or they themselves have no idea the content of, simply in the name of "security"?

Besides, it's not about aliens...it's about zombies and kaiju.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
HILARIOUS and SAD how people jump to conclusions that this is real.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

You know, considering that point... you're right. Satire and parody can be a very useful means of communicating...

While I do believe it was intended as a parody of how Congress operates in the hysteria post 9-11 world, it has shed light on a very dark part of Ufology. Though it is clear to anyone listening or watching that it is a hoax, because it plays into pre-established beliefs, people miss their pertinent facts. And when the facts are shown to them, they refuse to believe it; various forums and YouTube videos have people who believe the video is real and the association with the Onion is part of a cover-up.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
FAKE ...
how many time saying classified is allowed in a 2 minutes speech ...
RIDICULE
this is just a prank video
the only part i cant debunk is when the old guy speak
his lips movement match the speech.. but who is he ? a lookalike actor...
and in a none close up segment from the court room
you see the guy at the left ... like alone in a bottom left dark blurry corner
the color dont match up .. something in the segment make it obvious that it was edited in a CGI style
even if its a hoax vid .. its a nice vid

Well said ...indeed it can be a usefull mean of communication to wake up peoples

edit on 9/16/2010 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
HAHAHAH holy crap, I was watching this thing going "man, this seems like it would be on the onion, but it looks legit." Thanks for pointing out the onion symbol in the corner, I must be a little slow this afternoon. HAHAHA "flesh-eating CLASSIFIED."

of course the dude's lips sync up with the voice, he's a paid actor for the Onion news network. They do this all the time, really nothing crazy about it.

edit on 16-9-2010 by Shark VA84 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-9-2010 by Shark VA84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I actually consulted a coworker who replied 'www.theonion.com' right away
Embarrassing.

new topics

top topics

join