It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petit Family Murder Update: Lone Survivor Takes Stand in Fatal Conn. Home Invasion Case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Petit Family Murder Update: Lone Survivor Takes Stand in Fatal Conn. Home Invasion Case

www.cbsnews.com

Dr. William Petit revealed endearing memories of his two daughters and loving wife when he took the stand Tuesday in the trail of Steven Hayes, one of the men accused of invading his Cheshire home in 2007 and ghastly murdering his family.

Hayes' trail began in New Haven Superior Court Monday, more than three years after he and accomplice Joshua Komisarjevsky allegedly murdered Dr. Petit's wife, Jennifer Hawke-Petit, and their two daughters Hayley and Michaela.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
These two scumbag murderers don't deserve to share the same air that we do.

I know there are alot of you that don't like the death penalty. However in this case I think you can make an exception for scum like this.

If it was up to me I would I would get a .357 magnum and give them one shot in the back of the head. Cockroaches like these need to be exterminated like vermin.

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
really? think about what your implying. people like the acused go to jail .

God just rembering this case is so sad . the poor doctor what a tragedy

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
How horribly tragic. IF found guilty then I agree with you, though a bullet would be too kind. What burns me up is how expensive death penalty cases are with the public footing the bill. Of course I believe they should be proven guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt but sometimes automatic appeals are simply not needed.
It sounds like these 2 are guilty and hopefully will removed from the gene pool soon.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

This is the first event i have tought saria law would be helpfull in,stone him to dead,that is a disgrace what happened to them poor people

edit on 15/8/2010 by johnny c because: missing letter

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Horrible case and those guys should spend life in prison in some torturous place imo. Anyone who murders another is scum and if you murder children you are the lowest of the low and don't deserve to share this planet. I hope they never get out but I also dont' think tax payers should pay for these scum bags to live better than hard working Americans. They will have everything they could want eventually. If you are in jail, it's punishment! You shouldn't be allowed to have any luxuries esp if you are in for murder.

Also on a side now how in the heck does a site like CBS say "trail" a couple times when it's suppose to be "trial." Are people that lazy they can't spell check or review their articles? Society needs to stop relying on auto-fill and auto-spell, they can be wrong many times!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
They are saying that the police could have saved the family if they responded, and went in the house. They drove by and were told not to approach the house.

Side note, this is another example where a gun in the home would have save there lives. The father was able to get free, If he had a gun it would have been over fast.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by xyankee
They are saying that the police could have saved the family if they responded, and went in the house. They drove by and were told not to approach the house.

Side note, this is another example where a gun in the home would have save there lives. The father was able to get free, If he had a gun it would have been over fast.

absofreakinglutely correct.

double tap right to the freaking head.

And the cops should be ashamed for not going in to stop the criminals.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Do you notice that the media never mentions that! I can honestly say that education of firearms is the true answer to safety. I have two boys who are 8-10 and I have always taught them the damage a gun can do, as well as the responsibility and use of one since they were able to hold one. I always told them that they are welcome to hold them and look at them provided they asked me first. I have taken them to the range so that they could watch me shoot. For those of you who don’t think that this is the proper manor to educate children, let me tell you that this is the way my father was raised, and the way he raised me. I, as a child, never even considered doing something stupid, in regard to handling a gun. I knew if I did, my father would have put his foot so far up my @$$ I would never walk again.

On the other hand, we would never have to worry about something like this happening! If it came down to it, even the boys would know what to do.

top topics

join