It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Sight:Muslims praying at a packed public park

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

My dear your Islamic laws tell the story, you will never be assimilated into America but seek to make Americas accept your laws, as a nation of laws that will never happen, not matter how much conversion of Christian you do as always is going to be us that will preserve and respect our constitution over any Other laws that includes Islam.

Islam laws has not place within Americas laws and its constitution and never will.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Who's talking about christianity? You're confusing the name. He is referring to islam.

I know, but stick with it, you'll remember the difference eventually. Islam starts with an I.

edit to add I just love how as soon as someone mentions islam, everyone pops up like meerkats yelling "But wot about dem xtians huh?!? ftw!!1"

Good one.

edit on 17/9/2010 by badw0lf because: grooving to the tune of insanity...

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by IAMIAM

My dear your Islamic laws tell the story, you will never be assimilated into America but seek to make Americas accept your laws, as a nation of laws that will never happen, not matter how much conversion of Christian you do as always is going to be us that will preserve and respect our constitution over any Other laws that includes Islam.

Islam laws has not place within Americas laws and its constitution and never will.

My friend, you make a baseless assumption about me right from the start. Because I defend the rights of my Muslim Brothers, you assume I am Muslim.

I am not a Muslim my friend. I am not a member of any faith group. I am a member of humanity and a humble follower of Christ.

You worry about Sharia Law, when the real enemy is One set of Laws under world governance. Your Constitution that you so vehemently support hasn't been adhered to since the ink dried on the parchment. Your leaders even tell you so and mock your ignorance.

Do you really think you have any hope of being free while you seek to restrict the freedom of others?

To know where I stand politcally, read my Plan at the bottom of my posts. Maybe then you will know who I AM and what I am about.

Judge not, Love All, be at peace

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
The other day I was walking around here in the Netherlands I saw a bunch of Americans!

Usually I hear about all the imperialist Americans and their corporations trying to take over the globe, though I have seen and know plenty Americans I never expected to see them in such a manner, I didn't expect such behaviour. Speaking American out loud like it was their piece of land!

Then the other day I was walking around the beach and I saw a congregation of Christians playing volleybal and having a good time.

Usually I hear about the free Christians of the Western world and these people weren't wearing any swimming gear on the beach because it showed nudity! Now I know a bunch of Christians who would never play volleybal on the beach in anything less than swimwear, let alone have a good time doing it! So I didn't expect any of what I saw!

Mass Media 1 - 0 Topic Starter

I think the key word here was the Netherlands.

Its a free DEMOCRATIC country, not a muslim paradise, so if you have issues with that, i suggest you bugger off to a Muslim country

Peace out.
Aaron
xx

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Let's all just take notes from our friends abroad...

A warning to the west??

I think we are beginning to see a gradual desensitizing to the Islamic movement. Let's face the raw facts that people in general are often intimidated by the unknown and there are certain aspects of Islam that Westerners are certainly uncomfortable with. Me included.

Regarding the OP, mass gatherings like this are PLANNED for a reason. To intimidate and to push the limits all under the protection of our constitution. A constitution that many of these folks would never defend but will deftly hide under it when needed. The U.S. is the perfect place to organize and grow...

edit on 17-9-2010 by jibeho because: clarity

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

My friend you have the right to worship satan if that pleases you and is your right here in the US because we have a constitutional right to worship anything we want thanks to our very intelligent founding fathers.

But you could never be a true Islamic follower if you do not practice Islamic laws, for a true Islamic follower is not law higher than those and their faith.

So if you live in the US and you follow and obey Americas laws then you are against your own faith or you just has assimilated into Americas culture and society rule by laws.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Public prayer, especially in a park, forces those not participating to alter their behaviour. One either subdues their activities out of respect for another's reverential act or one ignores that act and continues. Most often, when one continues their activity, they are viewed as being disrespectful. The onus is on the non-participant.
Forcing others to face that dilemma may be a right, but it isn't well mannered.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Bingo!!! like I am trying so hard to tell in my post, for a true Islamic follower is not laws higher than that of their faith, that means American laws will never be respected and never be over their own, that's what Islam is al about ruling with their own laws and koran, let no forget that many also follow Sharia laws.

edit on 17-9-2010 by marg6043 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

My friend you have the right to worship satan if that pleases you and is your right here in the US because we have a constitutional right to worship anything we want thanks to our very intelligent founding fathers.

But you could never be a true Islamic follower if you do not practice Islamic laws, for a true Islamic follower is not law higher than those and their faith.

So if you live in the US and you follow and obey Americas laws then you are against your own faith or you just has assimilated into Americas culture and society rule by laws.

My friend, I am beginning to suspect your eye sight is failing or you do not care enough about what I say to read the words. I am not a follower of Islam. I worship God, THE God, the One, the Whole, the All, the Everything. I follow in the life of his Son Jesus Christ. He is my Brother, as he is yours.

I do not follow Americas Laws, I follow the one true Law, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Which is to say I love all, and I judge none. That which is Gods domain I leave to him.

Now, do you still not understand my position?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I don't know guys. If I were to see a bunch of Muslims praying together in a desnly populated space such as a park I'd be inclined to want to get the hell out of there incase the decide to blow themselves up along with all of the people around them.

This isn't normal behaviour for most Muslims, so the fact that they were there in a public area in amongst a bunch of other non muslins would cause me to suspect that all was not right with them.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by 23refugee
Most often, when one continues their activity, they are viewed as being disrespectful. The onus is on the non-participant.

This is your perception my friend, not theirs. When I was in Africa on a US Military Base, Muslim workers would stop their work and pray as it was their understanding of Gods will. The rest of us continued about our business. No disrespect was perceived by them, and no disrespect was intended by us.

Believe it or not, they are capable of understanding that not everyone understands them. They are cool with it.

The misperception is in your eyes. You could get past this by going to one and talking to them about their faith in hopes of understanding better.

Just a thought.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Well I see now, I apologized if you are not an Islam follower I guess I "misread the post", for that I am very sorry.

And occurs you can worship anything you want, that has never been the issue, my issue is with the pushing of Islam laws that are in conflict with Americas laws.

To me praying is a private thing, for the person doing the prayer and their brand of God, but public prayer for everybody to see has agenda written all over.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

And occurs you can worship anything you want, that has never been the issue, my issue is with the pushing of Islam laws that are in conflict with Americas laws.

To me praying is a private thing, for the person doing the prayer and their brand of God, but public prayer for everybody to see has agenda written all over.

Thank you my friend for coming to understand where I stand religiously. I do appreciate it. I understand your position as well. And, I would defend your right to pray anyway you so desire as vehemently as I defend my Muslim Brothers.

The misconception here is people seem to think they are pushing their beliefs on others. This is simply not true. They are practising their faith to themselves. They do not come door knocking looking to save your soul. So they pray in a park. Isn't the park for all to enjoy how ever they wish?

Sharia Law, they are not asking that every American be subject to it. That is a realm of their faith. If you are not of their faith, it is not subject to you. Furthermore, much of Sharia law is the same as American Law, the difference is the judicial authority.

Personally, I am not subject to ANYONES authority but Gods, but that is just me. If they wish to subject their will to anothers, shouldn't they be allowed to decide who that other is?

You wouldn't want Sharia Law forced on you, so why force American Law on them?

Ahhh, because they dare to cross an invisible line. They tread on dirt we claim as our own. My dirt, you walk here, do what I say.

If that is the crux of your argument, I will yield to your thinking. It will not be much longer that you will find yourself under Laws that even you do not wish. Then, you will have eyes to see from a different perspective.

Judge not, Love all, be at peace.

With Love,

Your Brother

edit on 17-9-2010 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Why, exactly, is understanding required only of me? Shouldn't others understand that the predominate culture in Ohio views prayer as unsuitable for public area devoted to physical activity?
It's not my responsibility to adjust to the requirements of their religion. I'm not interested in their lifestyle choices anymore than they would be mine.
Again, the onus is on me. I'm the one who apparently lacks understanding if I find prayer in a park disruptive. The same disruption I would feel were I to jog into a tent revival, a mass, a bar-mitzvah, or a bonfire held in a public park, sans permit.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Why, exactly, is understanding required only of me? Shouldn't others understand that the predominate culture in Ohio views prayer as unsuitable for public area devoted to physical activity?
It's not my responsibility to adjust to the requirements of their religion. I'm not interested in their lifestyle choices anymore than they would be mine.
Again, the onus is on me. I'm the one who apparently lacks understanding if I find prayer in a park disruptive. The same disruption I would feel were I to jog into a tent revival, a mass, a bar-mitzvah, or a bonfire held in a public park, sans permit.

The onus of understanding is on you because you are the one wishing them to change the actions of their free will. They are not demanding that you watch. They are not asking that you join. They are not asking that you accept.

It is you asking that they not do it.
It is you asking that they that they conform to your idea of right.
It is you asking that they adjust their behavior to fit your comfort zone.

You could easily, not look, not hear, not be present. But you refuse, because you feel that your right is more important than theirs even though theirs has nothing to do with your own.

It is ten minutes of time which they devote to God. TEN minutes. Who is being realistic in their demands here my friend?

The onus is on you because you placed it there.

Judge not, Love all, be at peace.

With Love,

Your Brother

edit on 17-9-2010 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I'm less concerned about people praying in a park than I am of organized groups of people practicing martial arts. I mean, martial arts can be used for fighting!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

I get your point but it is invalid. Martial arts is used for self defense, not for attacking and Martial artists do not push their martial arts beliefs on individuals. Just my 2 cents.
I'm all for Muslims praying in public places by the way.
But back to the OP original post... I believe the op want's to know why all the sudden, after all the issues going on with Muslims, they decide to openly hold mass prayers in public, especially in lieu of all the criticism about Muslims. I'm sure they have before, but not to the extent that it is happening now. I smell something other than Irony. And if they holding mass prayers in public in spite of all the scrutiny doesn't anyone think that these acts will only incite and escalate more negativity and or violence from one group or another?

edit on 17-9-2010 by kimish because: ADD

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I'm a gay man married to another gay man in Montreal. Until recently, we lived on the edge of one of the largest Muslim enclaves here. I refrained from kissing my husband goodbye on the street. Why? I am certainly within my rights to do so. What prevented me from forcing my lifestyle on those around me? Good manners.
Save the admonishments about understanding. I know exactly with whom I'm dealing. I have no desire to explore their faith. What would be the point of debating whether I should be flogged or executed?
Proper etiquette dictates that I keep my sex life out of the street just as it dictates that they keep prayer rugs out of the park. That's the kind of give and take required in a free and civil society. I'm willing to give in an effort to avoiding causing offense.
So, if you don't want to watch me hold hands in the park, don't. Do you honestly think that that is how most Muslims react? Albeit, it's just my experience, but one of us is doing a lot more taking than giving when it comes to public displays.
It's rude to expect someone to ignore me when I express affection for someone I love, I can express myself in private, and so can they.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RKWWWW

Bleh...cmon now really seems a bit paranoid to think somehow Muslims are going to be in a position to impose anything on anyone in this country. I highly doubt that, and if they do we have the constitution saying they can't and justifying our swift kick in their arse.

I say let them exercise their religious freedoms as everyone else is allowed to and if they get pushy deal with it then but not before then.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

I'm a gay man married to another gay man in Montreal. Until recently, we lived on the edge of one of the largest Muslim enclaves here. I refrained from kissing my husband goodbye on the street. Why? I am certainly within my rights to do so. What prevented me from forcing my lifestyle on those around me? Good manners.
Save the admonishments about understanding. I know exactly with whom I'm dealing. I have no desire to explore their faith. What would be the point of debating whether I should be flogged or executed?
Proper etiquette dictates that I keep my sex life out of the street just as it dictates that they keep prayer rugs out of the park. That's the kind of give and take required in a free and civil society. I'm willing to give in an effort to avoiding causing offense.
So, if you don't want to watch me hold hands in the park, don't. Do you honestly think that that is how most Muslims react? Albeit, it's just my experience, but one of us is doing a lot more taking than giving when it comes to public displays.
It's rude to expect someone to ignore me when I express affection for someone I love, I can express myself in private, and so can they.

My friend, if you choose to confine your affections based on the judgements of others, that is your choice. Just because you made it, does not mean that all should. In Djibouti, Africa Muslim men walk the street holding hands. It is common practice. It is not out of sexual love for each other, but out of Brotherly Love. A free society does not judge behavior that does not take away anothers right to free behavior. What we live in is an idea of Freedom that does not come close to the reality, because we fail to love each other as Brothers and Sisters.

Live how you want, do what you want. Allow others to do the same. That IS Freedom.

With Love,

Your Brother

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join