It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if the Bible is true?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I have always denied the Bible, because it was written by so many different and unreliable people.

But if the Bible is true - full of earthquakes, horrible illnesses and then the end of the world.

OK, we have had a few new horrible illnesses, and we have had a few horrible earthquakes - so is it the end of the world?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Well it determines how you interpret the Bible. People of so many faiths view this book differently.
Of course the Bible is already riddle with contradictions. So what would be real and what would be fake?
skepticsannotatedbible.com...
www.evilbible.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
There are always horrible illnesses, and there are always horrible earthquakes.These things periodically happen. Which explains that christians throughout the centuries have always thought to be living in the end times (research that, it's really interesting). Check the middle ages. The plague outbreaks (millions of victims), the earthquakes (like the one in Trieste in 1511 that killed thousands of people, or Lisbon, in the 1700's, which killed 35000). Yadda Yadda Yadda, it's the end of the world. Always has been.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ismail

You would be interested in reading this article right here. Tell me what you think.
www.usbible.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Thanks for the link. That just made an interesting read. A documented version of what I was trying to say. Now where was I... ah yes... WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE !

Yup. That we are. ^^

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
What if the Bible is true?

Then I'm screwed.

Lapsed Catholic... Our motto?

Guilty for life!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Catwhoknows,
The Bible has a proof system, the prophecies. Very few ever find the right interpretation and so don't take heed. Also the correct manuscripts of the old testament had a proving system to not allow one jot or tittle to be added or left out. When the prophecies are properly interpreted every point of the prophecy is met exactly. One that needs no interpretation is the 12 verses of Isa. chap. 53. All Christians should read those verses quite often. The Bible is the foundation and fountain of Truth but it must be found, His Spirit convicts not only of sin but of the truth when one has arrived. Many will always believe in all directions in many ways and that is a given right that remains even where coercion is heavy.

It would be great if there no lies anywhere and only the Truth was given and used.

Truthiron

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by truthiron

Looks like you don't know you're Bible. That verse is directed to the Jewish people. Not a false Messiah and false God.

www.aish.com...

Christianity claims that Isaiah chapter 53 refers to Jesus, as the "suffering servant." In actuality, Isaiah 53 directly follows the theme of chapter 52, describing the exile and redemption of the Jewish people. The prophecies are written in the singular form because the Jews ("Israel") are regarded as one unit. Throughout Jewish scripture, Israel is repeatedly called, in the singular, the "Servant of God" (see Isaiah 43:8). In fact, Isaiah states no less than 11 times in the chapters prior to 53 that the Servant of God is Israel. When read correctly, Isaiah 53 clearly [and ironically] refers to the Jewish people being "bruised, crushed and as sheep brought to slaughter" at the hands of the nations of the world. These descriptions are used throughout Jewish scripture to graphically describe the suffering of the Jewish people (see Psalm 44). Isaiah 53 concludes that when the Jewish people are redeemed, the nations will recognize and accept responsibility for the inordinate suffering and death of the Jews.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Romantic_Rebel,
Did you think Isa. 53: is the only prophecy that fortells of the promised Redeemer? Dan.9: the prophecy of the 70 wks. of yrs. alloted to the Jews lays it out the Redeemer would die in the middle yr of the 70-t/h wk, and that wk. was 27 AD through 34 AD, and so 30 AD is the year. The Temple veil was rent in half when He died showing that Yahweh had left their house and all sacrifies and offerings were fuflilled. This prophecy is given on the Jubilee calendar. See www.itsaboutthattime.net/calendar_synopsis.htm if your are interrested and hope you are.

The Truth can be found as it is looking for you.

Truthiron

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

a man is a Jew if he is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code.

For it is we who are the circumcision, we who worship by the Spirit of God, who glory in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Nothing changes at all.

does that sentence prove its true?

top topics

join