It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family to Receive $1.5M+ in First-Ever Vaccine-Autism Court Award

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Family to Receive $1.5M+ in First-Ever Vaccine-Autism Court Award

Alternate Headline:Family to Receive Millions of Dollars in Damages Because Child with Mitochondrial Disease Developed Autism After Receiving Multiple Vaccinations

Well I've been following/researching about vaccinations and the damages they cause for a while now - if you all may remember I had posted a thread not too long ago about making vaccinations mandatory. Now it was just something up for discussion that was being 'pitched' to the FDA but still it was a big deal that they were willing to make it public.

Here we have someone who is clearly suffering horribly because of multiple vaccinations and they are being compensated with money... well money doesn't buy health or life back does it?

The first court award in a vaccine-autism claim is a big one. CBS News has learned the family of Hannah Poling will receive more than $1.5 million dollars for her life care; lost earnings; and pain and suffering for the first year alone.

In addition to the first year, the family will receive more than $500,000 per year to pay for Hannah's care. Those familiar with the case believe the compensation could easily amount to $20 million over the child's lifetime.

Read the full article here

Alright, so $20 million over the course of the child's lifetime - a lot of which will go towards his medical bills from the past, present, and future - how much you think will be left afterwords for this child to live a comfortable life that he could have had without these conditions? Not to mention regardless of the money handed out, how is he supposed to enjoy it like someone without autism would (no offense meant)?

I feel terrible for this kid, I sincerely hope people step back and think about vaccinations more before giving them to their children, especially newly developed ones.

However, when I have tried to tell friends who have children how bad some (or more so most if not all) vaccinations are bad and not to get them for their children, they've gotten mad at me, and in one case I actually lost a friend because they got so angry that I'd give them such 'bad advice.'

Open your eyes people and do some research before getting any sort of vaccination!

edit on 13/9/2010 by highlyoriginal because: fixed headline and tags

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Flags & stars but no replies?

If you are going to bother to read something and star it, why not reply?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
the ptb have been saying for years that there is no pruf that there was a link between te mmr vacine and autism

but if there giving this amount of money out they must of known all along that there was a link i am sure there will be a lot more cases comming to light now that this one was a sucsess

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Its a step, a small step but its a step.
Unless you are one of those who believe vaccinations are harmless and want to attempt to argue your point, there isn't much to add. I think the article says it all.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Whilst this is an important case, it's aslo worth noting that she had an underlying condition, and she was jabbed with 9 vaccines at once, which is never a good plan. Vaccines on the whole, are still pretty safe, and do go some way to irradicating illnesses which would otherwise make alot of people sick.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic Vaccines on the whole, are still pretty safe, and do go some way to irradicating illnesses which would otherwise make alot of people sick.

Really? Have you done research on a lot of the vaccinations that are out there? Did you know the H1N1 vaccination caused a ton of miscarriages? I bet you didn't.

I've been following vaccinations and their issues they cause for a while as I said in the OP - trust me, in general vaccinations have bad side effects, but the worst part about it is that the FDA is on the ball about getting new vaccinations out there before finding out the true extent of their underlying issues that they may/can cause later in a human being.

Even worse than that is, is that the FDA knows full well a lot of vaccinations cause horrible side effects and still allow them to be given out. In fact, did you see you local pharmacy handing out free flu/N1H1 vaccinations out once people stopped buying them the past couple seasons? I know mine was. After $15 flue shots were being thrown away because no one wanted them they offered them out for free... I wonder why?

It wasn't because they wanted to be nice to us all and help us feel better and make us safe... I can tell you that.

edit on 14/9/2010 by highlyoriginal because: fixed a line

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I'm just wondering if someone can tell me how vaccinations supposedly cause autism? All the research I have read has indicated a genetic predisposition combined with certain environmental influences. For example, studies have shown that children who are raised next to busy highways and airports are more likely to develop autism. Furthermore, studies have replicated autistic symptoms in rats by having constant white noise going during infancy.

This then leads us to the concept of neuroplasticity. This is where the brain is able to make new connections and maps based on which neurons fire together. These changes occur much more easily in youth due to much greater abundance of certain chemicals in the brain. Unfortunately, these chemicals seem to be only produced in certain amounts. This means that if a child is overstimulated early on certain areas of the brain may become overdeveloped, while other areas are underdeveloped. This would explain why such things like hearing are very sensitive in autistic children, while things like language skills are less developed. So, how do vaccinations explain these scientifically proven facts?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
They're called adjuvants. They are in all shots, and they are poisonous in any form that is given. NOw, those are only in the shots that are given to the public. There are a few adjuvant-free vaccines out there, but they are for military and political persons only. The rest of us get heavy metals like aluminum and mercury. Mercury, a substance so toxic that they quit selling it in thermometers, but they still put it in you flu-shot? Thimerasol. Look it up. Heavy metals have also shown to produce ill-effects in the body. Aluminun is directly related to Alzheimers, and it is in many shots we are mandated to take. Thanks poster.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I have an 11 month old who is about to be one year old and go through his most extensive round of vaccinations to date. Would I even consider not vaccinating him? No. The benefits by far outweigh the risks, at this time. Do we really want to see a resurgence of polio or smallpox? I think that it is our duty as citizens and parents to vaccinate our children. God forbid someone lose an infant because they didn't vaccinate. And it is happening. A co-worker of mine has a daughter with autism and I can't ever imagine what that's like. I know that parent's like her are looking for any answer they can find, but I don't see enough evidence to prove that vaccines are the cause. If anything it's to the contrary regarding the scientist who linked autism and vaccines. Hasn't he been disproven?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
If you guys wanna research this ATS is a good spot to look..

There have been many many threads started on this subject.. It has a wealth of information on both sides of the camp...

You can find some posts under my name that I did yrs ago on this subject But the ending result has been that the Thermisol in the MMR shot is what is the cause of the rise in Autism cases...

And having kids with autism isnt as bad as one thinks.. Its actually pretty cool.. They do alot of good.. I like hanging around some kids that have autism because they are way more interesting that normal people... Really cool..

But then again I supposedly have AS so.. maybe i see things in them others dont..

edit on 9/15/2010 by ThichHeaded because: Add a comment..

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

I will look into those posts, I am always ready to learn more about this subject.
Thanks.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
As someone said, there WAS an UNDERLYING cause. And 9 vaccinations at once is ridiculous. Both the parents and the doctors messed up.

I have a 3 year old daughter and she is up to date on her vaccinations. I never allowed her to get more than one vaccination every three months. It messed up my dr's schedule but we have to be advocates for our children.and more than one at a time makes me nervous. What makes me more nervous however is having my child come down with Polio. When I was in the ER a few years back there was a young woman (late teens) who hadn't been vaccinated as a child, ended up with Polio and was dying from post polio syndrome (look it up, it is horrific).

As far as the flu shots. I never believed in getting them. Last year I got H1N1 complicated with pneumonia and I almost left my little girl motherless. We will get the flu vaccines this year.

I think we need to think things through. The anti-vaccine crowd is going to take this as a win, and the facts are going to be changed and the population is going to be afraid to vaccinate their kids.

For the vaccination consipiracy guys - perhaps that is how they will cull the population, by making everyone afraid to vaccinate.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
No matter how we look at this case, it's a historical first.

This is the small crack in the glass that we needed.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by minettejo
For the vaccination consipiracy guys - perhaps that is how they will cull the population, by making everyone afraid to vaccinate.

If all that the vaccines were doing were vaccinating then us 'vaccination conspiracy guys' wouldn't have a problem.Personally, I need a better choice than dieing from a disease as a result of not accepting a vaccine and being medicinally retarded as a result of accepting a vaccine.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Very glad to see this! Anybody reading this that takes ANY vaccine or gives it to their kids without doing all the research into this is a fool. For all those government agents paid to say there is NO link to Autism from vaccines I'll give this for you to chew on.

The Amish give no vaccines to their children and have a 0% rate of Autism. In the general population it's like 1 in 150 and getting worse as the vaccines go up!

Wake up and quit being conned by men in white coats that are educated by the leaders of the new world order, the Rockefellers. Most doctors are just useful idiots to the satanic new world order that wants to inject you with their poisons to give you cancers and all kinds of nasty surprises in the future. Very few of them will look at data that goes against what they were told in Rockefeller medical school. The ones that DO the research change their minds and stop giving their kids any vaccines.

Oh and 90% of the Vaccines are now made in China! If you trust the Chinese to put things in your body when they can't even make drywall without putting poison in it, you're the biggest fool of all.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Penn and Teller should read this.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

S&F

Lawsuits are the only way to hold corporations accountable for the impacts of their profit-making - under law, corporations MUST put profits first, even at the expense of people (never mind the environment).

The deck is stacked against ordinary humans - so when someone wins a lawsuit, you can bet that the proofs are unbelievable, unassailable, absolutely un-contestable.

'Bout time.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I completely agree with you that vaccinations are very dangerous. Most contain toxic chemicals with everlasting effect. It is sad that you would lose a friend over this. Many have learned to keep their mouths shut, when pertaining to certain information because the vast majority cannot come to terms with the real society we live in. I think in most cases people are too afraid to face reality because the world in which we live in would be a revolting place. If people realized that they really have no control or freedom in their life, they would cease to be happy. Obliviousness becomes a necessity to facilitate that false happiness.

I am a parent and my kids’ pediatrician was born in a country where vaccinations are not are not prevalent. I voiced my concerns about vaccinations and how I did not want my babies to have them. The harsh truths that she slipped from her lips were overwhelming. She stated it is the law and children cannot be placed in daycare or school without them. If I believed in home schooling that would be okay but I believe children need to develop certain social skills home schooling cannot provide.

The next question I asked was, "why does my child need to be vaccinated from a disease that isn’t rampant?" Her reply, “because they are around and we carry them. Children who are not vaccinated are at risk to contract these sometimes-airborne viruses. Some of some diseases the outcome is death. If I do not vaccinate my child, he could be at risk for death. In addition, if my child becomes ill with one of these viruses and another child catches it I could face legality charges because again, it is the law.

Quite a conundrum society is in. It exacerbates our feeling hopeless. My only alternative and freedom lacking choice is to vaccinate my children against the necessary diseases that pass societies norms. So in the end I feel more helpless than the parent who chooses to turn their head because I know the ramifications. Yet what is my alternative?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Interesting development and I shall read more and pass it on to our Autism network over here

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Socio

All truths a parent must accept. Although I am hardly pro-vaccine, I sure am not anti-vaccine. I think they are a necessary danger. I think the best strategy at this time is to stagger the vaccines. I never let my child get more than one at a time and I would not let her get them any closer than 3 months apart. If there is poison in the vaccine, at least it won't be an overdose and she will have 3 months to metabolize it before another one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join