It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From newbie to Government disinformation agent in 43 days. Is this a record?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Yesterday I had the pleasure of being accused of being a "Government Disinformation Agent" for the first time in this thread.

I'm actually quite proud of achieving this moniker in the 43 days since I wrote my first post. I was wondering if I hold any kind of record for fastest transformation from Newbie to government agent, or has it happened faster to any of you guys?

I'm hoping that if I hold on for another month I might become a chief operative in the CIA

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I've seen people accused after being a member for only a few days, FOR being a member for only a few days.

I see a lot of accusations and doubt the vast majority.

However the DoD does pay people to blog and post on forums. There was an article about this online a few years ago that seems to have been since "scrubbed" as I haven't been able to find it anywhere anymore though I've looked and looked.

ATS is the biggest conspiracy theory forum on the internet. If they'd pay people to post on any forums you know this one would be definitely be "looked into."

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Actually I heavily insinuated that one poster was being paid to be here on his second day. Of course in his case he'd posted something like 180 posts, in those two days, to several "anti-islam" threads, he admitted, in argument, that he was a lawyer, and his posting style was way too refined to be a newb. He also only posted on that one subject - period.

Beware of first or second day posters who seem to master BB code after about three posts...

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

actually i think the record is no time at all.

this new member confesses they are a paid for and bought government disinformation agent in their very first post, and their very first thread ..... their introductory thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

As Alice Cooper said : Welcome to my nightmare .

I'm a disinfo agent myself . I even made the short list .

You should wear it with pride , as it only proves one thing ... If they can't argue with your logic and rational reasoning , they ALWAYS accuse you of being a gubmant agent .

But yes , you may have very well set a record !

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Oh yeah, well I got accused of being John Lear.

I don't think any of you are gonna top that anytime soon.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
Beware of first or second day posters who seem to master BB code after about three posts...

May I ask how long it should take to figure out how to keep track of your tags? Being someone that has a least a fairly decent grasp of HTML, BB code is pretty simple. Should I purposely make errors in my posts for a few months?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

In all fairness, quoting text isn't mastery! Besides, the little laughing face is kind of a hint that there may have been just a tinge of humor in what I typed.

For example, notice this time there's no laughing face.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Sorry if I did not get that you were joking. I have just seen "disinfo agent" tossed around quite a bit in a fairly short amount of time. I was watching people give their reasons and I had seen what you said before. I guess I should have asked then but I had not realized it was going to be such a trend at that point. Maybe the other folks were all joking too. Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

No worries at all! And if it helps I have also been accused of being a disinfo agent quite a few times. It's something that people tend to throw out when they realize that they've lost the debate. It's the ATS version of a temper tantrum most of the time and I always take it as a compliment when it's aimed at me!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I suspect you were always a government disinfo agent. Quit complaining. You actually did a very good job of hiding it for so long.

Welcome to ATS!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
There are a certain percentage of people in the world who think with their asses rather than their brains.

It's only natural that some of them make their way here: the vast majority of disinfo accusations come from people unwilling or unable to accept ideas outside their norm. That said, it's sort of a badge of honor at this point.

There was a blog post with a long list of ATS members who are paid Disinfo agents, lemme dig that up.

ATS Thread: Did you make the Short List?

Blog Post

clarknick67
Xcalibur254
Mothershipzeta
kdogga21
FortAnthem
Ben81
copper5661
schrodingers dog
prepared4truth
Gentill Abdulla
Mblahnikluver
Esoteric Teacher
SaturnFX
Tothetenthpower
Skyfloating
LucidDreamer85
Hippomchippo
loner007
italkyoulisten
chorizo4
CodyOutlaw
The Sword
SeventhSeal
MrXYZ
anglodemonicmatrix
Miraj
hippomchippo
schrodingers dog

Most of them seem to be all over "being afraid of Glen Beck" (Shortened list by the way)

edit on 9/12/2010 by eNumbra because: Disinfo list add and links.

edit on 9/12/2010 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
It's a shame that I don't hold the record (although I'm not sure that admitting to being an agent yourself in your first post should count) I was hoping to get some ATS points from it.

I truly wish I was being payed to sit on this forum and annoy people, In truth I'm doing it because I am avoiding the extremely difficult php coding that I am supposed to be doing and I'm just a generally annoying person... Ask anyone

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Example of a disinfo agent (amateur Israeli):
here

And no I don't think yours is a record.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Do anything other people don't like here and you will be accused of being a disinfo agent. It's the ATS version of "terrorist".

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
If I was a disinfo agent, and was busted for it, the first thing I would do is make a thread mocking the idea then I would have all my disinfo buddies join in to laugh about it.. but that's just me.

I don't see what the harm is in calling someone a possible disinfo agent.. if they aren't one then there is nothing to worry about.

It's not as if someone will discount your ideas because someone says you could be one... it's just good to know that people being critical or mocking theories on this site COULD be trying to supress information.

I do find it suspicious that someone would have a problem with that on this forum, though.

edit on 12-9-2010 by 8311-XHT because: added last 3 "paragraphs"

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 8311-XHT

In actuality, we're all Disinfo agents, everyone here; except you.

We're watching you friend. We know you know and we know that you know we know you know. We're keeping our eyes on you: all hundred thousand of them

Calling someone a disinfo agent is an Ad Hominem attack. It requires no thought and it is rarely anything more than the last-ditch accusation of a man with his fingers in his ears. The site slogan is "Deny Ignorance". To accuse people you disagree with of being Disinfo or Cointelpro is to embrace it.

edit on 9/13/2010 by eNumbra because: I wish I was being paid for this.

edit on 9/13/2010 by eNumbra because: seriously, it'd be awesome.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Enumbra!

Are you trying to cost all of us who didn't make that list our bonusus???

Loose lips sink ships man... Ooselay ipslay inksay ipsshay!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I don't think so but I'm not counting this site. My first comment on YouTube, ever, which happened to be about 9-11 got me called, in short, one of the perperators and that person who's video I commented on deleted my comments, sent me a bunch of nasty messages, said my account was bogus and then put me on ignore and banned me from commenting on his videos or sending any correspondence.

ATS is much more tolerant, so I suspect 43 days ain't bad.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I'm bored.

Thought I'd go rogue for a spell.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join