It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC's 'The Event': The secret even the President does not know

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Source: www.examiner.com...

NBC's 'The Event': The secret even the President does not know.
• September 11th, 2010 11:43 am MT

In "The Event", President Elias Martinez must disclose the truth of ET to the American public.

Imagine a secret so secret that the President of the United States of America is not on the Need-To-Know list—one that would change the course of history were it to become widespread public knowledge.

Rest of the article is available here:
www.examiner.com...

And here is the trailer of "The Event":
www.youtube.com...

edit on 12-9-2010 by uforadio because:

edit on 12-9-2010 by Crakeur because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
so let me get this right... what you are saying is that again we have a group planning a large scale disclosure event.

but you are saying it was to happen yesterday around noon... no disclosure here

when's the next date

edit on 12-9-2010 by GummB because: spelling

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I keep seeing commercials for this show. I've looked online, and not a lot about it. No date when it starts, not really sure what it's about. Is it a movie or a series? Really weird.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
ok now I understand.. sorry

so there was an announcement saying there will be disclosure... i'd like to see that video

when can we expect to see something?

I didn't realize this was just a hollywood movie, thats like saying District 9 was disclosure. Lame

edit on 12-9-2010 by GummB because: it's a movie! lame

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by uforadio

I love a good sifi flick, hopefully this show will hold true.

Thanks for the heads up.

Peace

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
This looks like the most epic movie ever...it reeks of elite/Illuminati crap IMO...and I don't usually say things like that...but this feels like it might be the next Knowing...I can't wait to see this. S&F for bringing this to my attention.

EDIT: I see it's actually going to be a series. That's even better!

edit on 12/9/10 by CHA0S because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Damn that chick looks like president Rosslyn...
Battlestar Galactica all over again?

edit on 12/9/10 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by GummB

Your first post was sarcastic...and totally wrong.

Your second post shows that you form opinions on very little evidence. You ask for information that's already in the links. Uforadio has posted in his OP a link to an article about a TV series coming on NBC. It's about aliens living amongst us and the attempts to let the world know while the aliens try to stop the disclosure. It looks like it has the potential to be an epic show...maybe as big as V or X-Files. I'll be monitoring Pirate Bay to make sure nobody is downloading it while I wait for the official UK release

The Examiner article should be printed and framed. It's almost unique for two reasons. 1st is being an Examiner article without any BS or lies in it. 2nd is the writer, Larry Lowe, is the first Exopolitics person to stick to facts and not try to deceive his audience. Amazing

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
people need to star and flag this. i feel this is what we've all been waiting for. feeding it to us in this form will keep us calm and not run a muck in chaos.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I have been giving disclosure a lot of thought, and to me this would be a way to disclose the ET presence....follow along here. A prime time TV show shows what has been going on, (ET/UFO threat/Interaction with humans) with hints throughout the show to stay tuned for a special announcement at the end of the show. At the show's end, the President and staff come on camera and tell the people the show is true, that is the way it is, and here is the hard evidence.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
hes saying its a tv show, and disclosure may be the topic of the event,

No one knows what "the event" is, but its a whole lota of hoopla.

EVERYBODY:

It will be a waste of your time! May be entertainment, but its going to be nonesense. Just a distraction.

If you notice, what people wish to be the truth is slapped all over tv and entertainment, but reality, we get our faces kicked in. It is entertainment, disclosure is not coming.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I checked NBC's website and they now give a date for the preimere:

Series Premiere
Monday, Sept. 20th 9/8c
"Pilot"
Source

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Looks like just another basic hollywood series...

A guy loses his girl and goes after her in an epic journey.. The US president is a jesus like figure trying to save the world and 'do the right thing' amongst shady evil CIA men (anyone notice the similarity of that guy to the one in Independence Day?). Hes also so [snip] politically correct, that he's a black guy with a mexican name...

I mean come on

IMO, X-files was, is and (sadly) probably will be the best 'alien show' around...

Terms and Conditions:

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. You will also not use common alternative spellings or net-speak alternative for profane words.

edit on 19/9/10 by masqua because: Removal of censor circumvention

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I saw that trailer last night and immedately thought of ATS

ATS should make a movie

I know what title I'd use for the ATS movie..

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Everyone expecting The Event to be about aliens may be in for a disappointment. As of right now, everyone involved with the show is being tight-lipped about what coming "event" in the series is. It being aliens, in some form or another, is just a rumor (though I suspect it may be aliens).

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
cool

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

edit on 12-9-2010 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by lynxlynx Hes also so f*cking politically correct, that he's a black guy with a mexican name...

Looks like someone didn't read Mexican history

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I think it's highly likely to be a series about 2012, or some other global destruction event.

They have a load of prisoners, mention of research facility = scientists "in the know" who were rounded up.
Trailer shows explosive event = common theme of 2012.
Mention of allowing people to "prepare" = again common theme in disaster movies.

There's little to tell me this is specifically about Aliens and disclosure. And more to tell me this is about 2012 or equal global catastrophe.
When you think of how long it takes to write, cast, film and produce a series, this would have begun several years ago, just when the 2012 furor was at it's height.

I just hope it isn't so drawn out and slow as to loose support. Lessons should have been learned from Jericho, The Nine, Lost, Flash Forward... unless you have exciting and dramatic scenes in EVERY episode, people loose interest. It's not enough to have one or two amazingly dramatic events to milk through a whole season. If you do that and rely on "intrigue" for the rest people will become bored and switch off.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I detect with my nuclear powered BS detector NBC making a ton of money out of the suspense.
This crap that is spreading about "The Event" is nothing different than what went on with the LOST series a few years back and look how that ended.

Just another play on dramatic music and hold your breath until next week television series that they will continue to make up as they go along spreading it out for as long as people are hooked.
"FEW" that sentence took my breath away.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Very interesting show..I am excited to watch it. Perhaps it is a glimpse into what is really going on with our government...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join