It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay, WHAT JUST HAPPENED WITH THE MOON!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I'm here in NJ and my house faces west, and the 15 years I've lived in this house the moon rises from the east..

What I JUST SAW gave me chills. Something bigger than the moon, yellow-orangish, partly covered by overcast just descended rapidly (not aircraft speed, but the speed the sun descends when it is right by the horizon). I tried to snap a pic of it but it is below the trees and has dissapeared? Should this be in the UFO forum?? I'm sure it wasn't a spaceship/aircraft. Nibiru? It was alot bigger than the moon, and from the opposite direction!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Can you go into more detail?ie direction ,height,etc
Not a lot to go on but it sounds interesting.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Can you tell us if there are any military bases around your area? It could be just a flare dropped by some sort of aircraft.

Any more details?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

It was large.. orange.. I didnt take measurements I just watched it i nawe.. sorry. I have nothi nelse to go on. Anyone else see it?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mooradian

Most likely it was the planet Venus. Check this thread out
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Are you absolutely sure it wasn't the sun going down?

That would happen in the opposite direction of the moon rising and would be orange.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

At the very least give us a time,

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'm in louisiana. Crescent moon and venus still up in the western sky. nothing else is going on.

Yet.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The moon did rise in the east at 10:30 am. Its due to set a little after 9 p.m. according to an app I have on my i-phone. I saw the same thing last night and kind of freaked for a minute.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I was just looking at the moon in my pos telescope, and it was sorta south western ish. wasn't visible long, but I didn't see anything else around. If you were looking at the moon, where was it in reference? What time was it? Could it have possibly been the sun?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacecase7717
The moon did rise in the east at 10:30 am. Its due to set a little after 9 p.m. according to an app I have on my i-phone. I saw the same thing last night and kind of freaked for a minute.

so you agree you witnessed what the OP witnessed, but yesterday? Do you happen to be in the northeastern, or eastern area of US? I wish I would have seen this...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Try to see it in your mind and hold your hand as far away as you can and try to picture the size of the object to the relation of the size of your thumb. If it was larger than your thumb = the moon. I know venus sets with the moon for the next couple of days with mars just to the upper left of both.

Scratch that venus was a couple degrees below the moon and mars was strait right of the moon

edit on 11-9-2010 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I hate to even post this, because I sound like an idiot and I have seen weird things with the moon before. I started a thread a couple of years ago about it and got flamed pretty bad.

Anyway, here goes. About a month ago, I was driving home around 11pm. I was driving north and saw a HUGE crescent moon off to my left (west). Also saw Venus?? not too far from it. About 10 minutes later, I turned west so I should have been able to see it directly in front of me or off to the left a little. It was just gone. I stayed on that road going west for 13 miles and never did see it. I was out in the country so not too many obstructions. I suppose it could have set....but #@%, could it set that fast?? It was not low in the sky when I first spotted it.

I am obviously not an astromomy expert...would appreciate any insight.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Current local time in Newark : Sat, 11 Sep 2010 09:24 PM

Date Sunrise Sunset
Sat, 11 Sep 2010 06:37 19:08
Sun, 12 Sep 2010 06:38 19:06
Mon, 13 Sep 2010 06:39 19:04

The sunset would have been at 7:08 pm - does this sound like the time you saw this?

www.happyzebra.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
ok I read about this somewhere and now I cant find it.so i cant give any sources but heres goes.I remember reading something about how one can see 2 sunsets in the same night it was something to do with refraction on the suns light bouncing off once it goes below the horizon giving the illusion of the sun still setting.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Orange, descending, bigger than the moon - sounds like a sunset to me

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Were you sober, on drugs?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

maybe it was Nibiru saying hi

was it a meteorite ???

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Regardless of what the OP saw, how can ANY OF YOU suggest it is VENUS? When is Venus bigger than the moon? NEVER.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

The moon is nearer to Earth then Venus and once in a while you can see Venus. That's why Venus is called the Morning and Evening star. Venus reaches its maximum brightness shortly before sunrise or shortly after sunset, for which reason it has been known as the Morning Star or Evening Star.
en.wikipedia.org...

<<   2 >>

join