It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defence giants BAE systems with Alien looking craft!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Ok heres the story, anybody with an ipod touch or iphone with the sky news app,
you may have noticed a story about defence giants BAE systems cutting back on about
900 jobs. Well that's not the reason of this post, the reason is the alien looking craft in a hanger
In the picture. It does look a bit triangular in shape. I did a picture snap on my ipod but can't post it.
Im more than willing to email the picture to anyone, or perhaps someone smarter than me
could bob it on here for me. I just find it interesting a picture like that would be used instead of something
we would recognise. Is this more preparation for something much bigger???

edit on 07/06/2008 by orby1976 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
If you have the sky news app go check it out.
Second line

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Without even looking I am betting your talking about their Taranis stealth drone. The first time I saw pics of that thing I knew people would be linking it to aliens one way or another, lol.

Unfortunately, it is nothing more than a run of the mill un-piloted drone. Cool looking, but not a chance it came from aliens, lol.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by orby1976

I worked at Woomera met office, which is right on the runway of the Woomera test range. BAE launched all their experimental craft (mostly UAV's) off that runway. Ive seen many different types of aircraft there, but nothing resembling anything that looked like a UFO.

The BAE guys (I used to drink with them and sing kareoke, lol) werent allowed to tell me anything about upcoming projects or what kind of stuff was on board their aircraft. My fiance is back in Woomera for work, if she gets any photos of UFO type vehicles, I will post them here

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Without even looking I am betting your talking about their Taranis stealth drone. The first time I saw pics of that thing I knew people would be linking it to aliens one way or another, lol.
Unfortunately, it is nothing more than a run of the mill un-piloted drone. Cool looking, but not a chance it came from aliens, lol.

IgnoreTheFacts.....

What a machine!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eb6d6ebf8ba8.jpg[/atsimg]

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Damn

Wish they had tested that in Woomera, would have loved to get a picture of that

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Indeed, that is a wicked looking UAV. Looks like it would be jacked into Skynet!

I haven't put in the research effort yet, but IgnoreTheFacts do you know what kind of propulsion this thing incorporates? Is it a reconnaissance drone, or does it have the capability to destroy wedding parties in a flash?

If it is offensive in nature, I'm sure the munitions are concealed in the fuselage like how many of these birds of prey (cowardice) are configured.

edit on 10-9-2010 by susp3kt because: To add to post

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

Interesting looking little fella =)

But the OP was not implying that this was made from aliens. He was referring to the theory that the NWO, or various factions therein, are gradually acclimatizing the general population to a mindset where they would be more apt to accept disclosure.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Yep thats this little baby. She's a beauty. All man made here...no aliens.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Yep thats the picture i was on about. Thankyou for posting.
I wasn't saying that what we are seeing is alien, but more preparation like an earlier post suggested.
Cool looking craft either way. I would love to know what it can do.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by susp3kt

Indeed, that is a wicked looking UAV. Looks like it would be jacked into Skynet!

I haven't put in the research effort yet, but IgnoreTheFacts do you know what kind of propulsion this thing incorporates? Is it a reconnaissance drone, or does it have the capability to destroy wedding parties in a flash?

If it is offensive in nature, I'm sure the munitions are concealed in the fuselage like how many of these birds of prey (cowardice) are configured.

edit on 10-9-2010 by susp3kt because: To add to post

If I remember, that photo is of a mock up, built to show the powers at be something to get their juices going and so weedle some cash out of the gov. Doesn't work and the red bit was just some paint slapped on to make it look better. It's just a bit of marketing froth

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by orby1976

Yep thats the picture i was on about. Thankyou for posting.
I wasn't saying that what we are seeing is alien, but more preparation like an earlier post suggested.
Cool looking craft either way. I would love to know what it can do.

Orby1976.....

You are very welcome!

Here's some info from Wiki:

Taranis is a British demonstrator programme for unmanned combat air vehicle (UCAV) technology. It is part of the UK's Strategic Unmanned Air Vehicle (Experimental) programme (SUAV[E]). BAE describes Taranis's role in this context as following: "This £124m four year programme is part of the UK Government’s Strategic Unmanned Air Vehicle Experiment (SUAVE) and will result in a UCAV demonstrator with fully integrated autonomous systems and low observable features." The Taranis demonstrator will have an MTOW of about 8000 kilograms and be of a similar size to the BAE Hawk- making it one of the world's largest UAVs – that will be stealthy, fast and be able to deploy a range of munitions over a number of targets and be able to defend itself against manned and other unmanned enemy aircraft. The first steel was cut in September 2007 and ground testing will start in early 2009. The first flight of the Taranis is planned for the first quarter of 2010. The demonstrator will have two internal weapons bays. With the inclusion of "full autonomy" the intention is thus for this platform to be able to "think for itself" for a large part of the mission.

en.wikipedia.org...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

Cowardice? Don't be ridiculous....
Why should we fight with sticks and stones just because these mooks are stone age?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
looks a heck of a lot like the
unmanned UCAV in the movie
"Stealth". In that movie they
nicknamed the UCAV "Tin Man".
It's a great movie

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
looks a heck of a lot like the
unmanned UCAV in the movie
"Stealth". In that movie they
nicknamed the UCAV "Tin Man".
It's a great movie

Yeah right, that movie was so biased that it was painful to watch. Not only were the main craft so ridiculous, they just had to throw in some Super Flankers getting raped by these imaginary craft just to make Russian designs look incompetent.

new topics

top topics

join