It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge blast in San Bruno; neighborhood on fire

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Huge blast in San Bruno; neighborhood on fire

www.sfgate.com

(09-09) 18:57 PDT SAN BRUNO -- A huge explosion rocked San Bruno shortly after 6 p.m. today, sending up a massive fireball and a white and black plume of smoke that is visible for miles.

Television pictures of the blast site along Skyline Boulevard showed at least half a dozen houses on fire and trees in the neighborhood fully engulfed in a surging blaze.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.sfgate.com

edit on 9/9/2010 by mistafaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Watching the news right now on CBS 5. It looks like one giant bonfire... There are just a bunch of houses on fire. To the south of me I can see a large plume of black smoke in the sky from the roof of my apartment. Unbelievable...

No one knows what the cause is but the FAA has been saying that it wasn't a plane. What's interesting is that the residents from there say they heard what sounded like a commercial plane just before the explosion... Some are now saying that it may have been a gas line.

www.sfgate.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I think it might of been a gas line. Hopefully no one got hurt. Knowing law in Cali if you don't have insurance then you're most likely on the street after such an incident.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
the firefighters on the ground at the incident also said it was a plane.

yet the FAA claims it wasnt.

theres big huge orange fireballs, its being fed by some kind of gas ans has been burning for almost an hour.

ETA: more callers saying they heard a plane/Jet roar.

edit on 9-9-2010 by RelentlessLurker because: addition

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Lot's of stuff exploding and catching on fire these days.... sure would be an interesting way to slow boil a frog, if ya know what I mean, except the USA is the frog, and we don't know the water is hot yet, so to speak....

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I am watching the live feed, and a woman in the area called and said the firefighters told her it was a plane. But no confirmation on that.

This is a HUGE blaze in a crowded residential area - how horrible.

abclocal.go.com...#&cmp=twi-kgo-video-7659504

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Watching the news live and the caller is saying from his car in a nearby parking lot that he saw the ground rise up just before the explosion and then saw a fireball.

Pacific Gas & Electric is saying that there's no proof yet that their natural gas main is the one that blew.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Tadarida

I KNOW!

Some of the shots show houses completely burned to their foundations.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
This is burning so hot for so long, this seems like it has got to be gas - this is terrible - whatever is fueling this fire is not letting up.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
mistafaz, are you in South S.F.??? If you are, can you actually see this, or are you watching the news?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
channel 2 says its a naturla gas pipeline 16 inches wide, and they cant figure out how to shut it off!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Okay, that makes sense - the natural gas line... omg, how are they going to save this neighborhood? There are so many homes there!

link   
reply to post by Tadarida

Park Merced Towers in SF. Can see the smoke from the roof but HDTV for a better view. I've got a co-worker that lives really close to the explosion... Hope their family is ok and this doesn't spread.

link   
Here's a link saying they have no record of a plane crash. The site is also a few miles from San Francisco International Air.
cbs13.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Okay, mistafaz, stay safe! What a bad time for this to happen, as a lot of people were arriving home from work. I hope your co-worker and their family is okay too.

edit on 9/9/2010 by Tadarida because: fixed typo

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
So if this was caused by a gas leak, they have to turn it off slowly so it doesn't create another break in the line somewhere else. That means they would have to let this burn for a while once they confirm this is a gas line fire.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Here is the CNN link
www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Could it have been a meteor strike and it hit a gas line? My son is out there recouping from Burningman!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
If they can't shut the gas off this is going to get much worse. The article said 2 taken to hospital - I would think some must have been in their homes. CNN is talking about this now - they are speculating that it is a gas line even tho some said they heard a plane. Just saw the pics - looks really bad.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The weatherperson on the news is saying 25-28 mph winds from the ocean. That's not good...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join