It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Wanna Fight? ATS Debate Tournament (Tournament Update)

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

No worries Pinke. Just shoot me a U2U if you manage to get a closing arguement in so I know.

Otherwise, understood if you can't do it. Certainly not worth feeling any guilt over, life happens.

As for how to get kids to go to bed, it depends on the age! Once they become mobile it gets difficult!!
If they are old enough to understand consequences (four or five), than you just need to make it very clear what the boundaries are, and what will happen if they don't do what you say. (TV threats work well
) DONT give them any sweets or caffeine a few hours whithin bedtime and if possible, have them participate in some physical activity an hour or two before bed. A nice warm bath before jammies and bed works real well, or some warm milk. (routine is important. Find out they did at home and try to get your own routine down with them. If they know what to expect it makes it much easier, no matter the age!!)

If they are older (over ten), just make it clear when bedtime is and that you expect them to respect your rules while in your house.

Good luck!!!
edit on 19-1-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
My debate with Memory shock was just bumped to the top of the list and according to forum view the last post was an hour ago. However, the last post in the thread is by me, dated 19-12-2010.

I presume someone posted in the thread and it was deleted.

What did I miss?

EDIT:
Same with Airspoon vs KrazyJethro.

Perhaps judging results are imminent?
edit on 19-1-2011 by LordBucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Sorry...I was doing my part to figure out why the tourney stalled and get people behind the scenes talking about it again...The Holidays apparently had a bigger impact then expected.

I bumped both third round debates in order to get people thinking about the Debate forum again and as well think and hope that results will be forthcoming...sorry for the confusion but the bumping was my way of showing enthusiasm for the forum...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

made me excited

thought results were in

anybody know what happened to the vagabond?
do we have a deputy mod in charge?

maybe we are experience a tournament conspiracy

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
waiting for the wind of change

means: when are we going to move on? or will we stuck for ever in this situation? nothing worse than fighters who are paralyzed

mods?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Could you please address my opponents concerns regarding her want to edit my quotes in her last post? It would be nice to read her closing statement and get the ball rolling.

No pressure however, I know you guys already have a lot to deal with

edit on 22/1/11 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Ditto.

I think we are reaching that point where we either need to move forward or just stop the debates all together.

Has anyone been in contact with any of the mods regarding this?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Don't forget as well we still need to find me a debate opponent before this round can continue. After all, I still haven't managed to begin my debate, let alone finish it and have it judged.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I have been trying to get semperfortis to resume the efforts...hopefully it works...guys...as much as I want to get this thing rolling, I can't because I am involved in the tourney...

My sincere apologies regarding the hold up...but I can't jump into the mix...which is unfortunate since I know I will be on daily...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Thanks Memory Shock. Understood. Hopefully all is okay with semperfortis.

@ Rising Against. That just sucks. I would think at some point it would just have to be said you are automatically promoted due to not having an opponenet.

I'd LOVE to see it get going again (in full steam) because it's lots of fun when it does!!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by westcoast

Don't forget as well we still need to find me a debate opponent before this round can continue. After all, I still haven't managed to begin my debate, let alone finish it and have it judged.

Well i am still ready to be your oppnent. But i haven't heard a thing in 5 and a half weeks????

We could get the others to give us a topic. And they could be our judges???

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

I'm not sure It works like that (
) but hey, if It's allowed I'm more happy to do that. What ever it takes to get a match going..

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by spy66

I'm not sure It works like that (
) but hey, if It's allowed I'm more happy to do that. What ever it takes to get a match going..

I am not sure if it could work that way either. But the Debate has lost its momentum the way it is running right now.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Congrats to LordBucket and KrazyJethro...

Seeing as I have been a part of the long wait...I would like to suggest that I am willing to jump in the ring and help finish this tournament on a timely basis. I, mayhaps, have too much time on my hands but am certainly available to see this through (I have considered the time frames of getting people back in contact et cetera)...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I think that is an excellent idea..

I'm trying to help but I just don't have the time needed...

You of course have my support as much as I can MS...

Great Idea..

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I am willing to jump in the ring and help finish this tournament on a timely basis

I'm ok with that.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I am willing to jump in the ring and help finish this tournament on a timely basis.

Awesome! It would be great to see the tourny back on again after such as long break.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Stay tuned for judgments and such in the next day or so. Considering the long lapse in the tournament, Rising Against will be moved into the next round automatically...sorry spy66...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

It looks like we'll finally be getting some judging underway, huh? YAY!!!!!! Very long debate, and I hated to hold off on posting my closing for so long, but I was hoping for some help with a previous issue. Glad everyone is so patient!

I went ahead and posted my closing statement. I guess I won't be getting those quotes inserted in my last reply. I hope it won't be too confusing to see answers to quotes that aren't there!

BTW, has anyone heard from Vagabond? I think everyone is truly worried by now. I see that they logged in lately, but no replies to anything. I hope they are okay??

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Judgments for all debates are completed save for one...which I am hopeful will be completed within the next day or so. All debates will be authored at the same time so let's consider a start date of earlish next week...Monday is my goal to get people who are moving on aware that they have a new debate...

As noted above, RisingAgainst will be moving into the next round by default in the interest of getting the next round started. It is my sincere apologies that the tournament took so long to get underway and the next one will certainly not occur this way.

Thanks for your patience guys...

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35 >>

join