It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are People Waking Up or are They Just Being Reprogrammed?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

oto you may very well be right in that the powers that be want you to think you are awake. I don't believe we can ever be awake by following a Guru, reading books or the mainstream. Maybe the way to be truly awake is to follow your own intuition, that gut feeling when you know something is right, sadly most of us ignore it. You also need to question everything.

It seems to me that much of our programming is to disconnect us with our intuition, and to ignore our lying eyes.

Politicians and people proclaim one thing, yet vissibly do another and often the opposite, yet many of us tend to believe that despite that they are doing and have done precisely what they proclaimed even though they did do something entirely different or the opposite.

Is it because people believe or simply because they want to believe, and if it's the latter, what makes so many people want to believe, when clearly the evidence suggests that they shouldn't believe?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

oto you may very well be right in that the powers that be want you to think you are awake. I don't believe we can ever be awake by following a Guru, reading books or the mainstream. Maybe the way to be truly awake is to follow your own intuition, that gut feeling when you know something is right, sadly most of us ignore it. You also need to question everything.

It seems to me that much of our programming is to disconnect us with our intuition, and to ignore our lying eyes.

Agreed, they keep us busy just trying to survive, who has time to think, say hey wait a minute, if you do question what you see and hear you still end up ignoring it, after all what can I do about it, of course that what they want us to do.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Although the "awakened" are quite diverse when it come to politics and such, at the core of their belief is forgiveness and love. Who benefits from this forgiveness? The evil people amongst us of course..
If you believe that 2012 is the start of a new dawn, I'm betting the elites know they will have to face the people they have abused and are hoping that if they programme us all with a message of love and forgiveness we will be understanding of them...
Not me though, I can't wait to exact revenge on the corrupt and will not be swayed by this new cult of unity....

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
Agreed, they keep us busy just trying to survive, who has time to think, say hey wait a minute, if you do question what you see and hear you still end up ignoring it, after all what can I do about it, of course that what they want us to do.

agreed on that

I don't think there is a question of
whether or not we are being led somewhere, we are,
mentally, physically, religiously, etc...
and we are being manipulated on
all the above levels.

But the question still remains:
Is the reprogramming for good or bad purposes???
And how does one find out the answer to that question?

I mean when I was a kid I hated shots
so the doc would tell me to look the other
way so I didn't see it coming. Maybe
this is a shot for mankind.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Many suspect programs like MK Ultra and other ultra secret government mind control programs have produced a surplus of Manchurian candidates over the years. People whose minds have been reprogrammed without their own knowledge to carry out a specific function years or decades down the line when a preprogrammed command activates their programming, who then might carry out any particular assigned act to create watershed or life altering events.

There is much evidence out there that these programs are real and still being carried out today.

Subliminal Messages in Television, Music, Movies and Advertising including such technologies as Silent Sound Spread Spectrum and possibly the mysterious and hotly debated HAARP device might all be actively engaged to influence moods, thoughts and prompt emotional reactions and alter perception.

This a big one, also the violent video games that visually are violent but in addition there are underlying subliminal messages.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by Aquarius1]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I have to chime in here and add that being "Awake" seems to be the new IN thing! You hear about awakening in every day MSM commercials and television shows, movies, books and magazine articles! It's like the new National Passtime. A few years ago many people thought I was off my rocker because of the direction I was moving in spiritually and mentally. Now it seems that everyone wants a piece of the New Age pie! Really?!

I think that some people did/are/have been awakened to the truths that are out there, however once TPTB caught wind of this, they implemented their own plan B!! This would basically include the mind-altering or Reprogramming the OP implies.

This would also go a VERY long way in making the conspiracy theorists and those who are truly awakened look more insane than ever, dontcha think?!

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by IrishCream

Now it seems that everyone wants a piece of the New Age pie! Really?!

Interesting that you should mention the 'New Age', the so called 'New Age" has given a bad name to the those who are truly looking for enlightenment and awakening, having said that people who are truly waking up are not talking about it, but as long as that stigma is attached it keeps people from trying.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
excellent post. you brought up some pretty good information. i have never heard of the silent sound spectrum but i intend to look it up now that it has been brought to my attention. my personal opinion is that there are different degrees of enlightenment, sure some of the fellow members seem to be caught up in too much new age nonsense but i imagine that these people will eventually stumble onto the right path and separate the facts from the nonsense. i'm sure some of these people are just realizing everything they have been and are told by the powers that be are a lie. they might have faith in things now that they will soon discover are false. it takes anyone a little bit of time to get sorted out when they first begin to use their brains so to speak. well, there are a few that are too dumb or just hopelessly insane but for the most part i think that as time passes and more knowledge is gathered by these individuals they will begin to see the truth.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by 2weird2live2rare2die]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by strangleholder1

Although the "awakened" are quite diverse when it come to politics and such, at the core of their belief is forgiveness and love. Who benefits from this forgiveness? The evil people amongst us of course..

Diverse in politics, do you honestly think most can get through what is called double speak, saying one thing and doing another without anyone noticing.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

To keep looking. To me that's the epitome of being awake, that endless quest to know and discover more.

But are many of the now described awake really in pursuit of the next level of knowledge and awareness or will they as history has shown simply try to impose their own newly acquired version of reality on others?

Yes, to me not a day goes past where I don't learn something I didn't know before.. no matter how small it may seem to the big picture.

And it would seem to me also that many who claim to be Awakened are coming from unbalanced Ego which blocks the next stages of growth.. when we think we know it all we blind ourselves to every other option out there.

Great question...

Yes to the last line. That is what occurs. I see it evcerywhere, the competition to be the More Aware, the Superior in Knowledge, etc, that always ends up in arguments, semantics really, that seems to be an attempt at suppressing the other person.

Can't say I have not done the same things myself in my less aware moments.. of which there have been many, and which continues at times when not being focused and choosing direction.

Be well.. I will enjoy reading the thread as it grows.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

The average person will spend 87% of their waking hours just trying to eke out sustinance and keep their head above water.

It doesn't leave much time for spiritual growth or contemplation beyond the need to get up and do it again the very next day.

What little time we do have left to ourselves most will choose some form of entertainment, and entertainment is where they program us in both subliminal and direct ways.

Many people of my generation met their first openly gay people on TV Sitcoms, their first working single parents on TV Sitcoms, the first succesfull black business people on TV Sitcoms, etc., etc.

TV programming is in many ways literally programming, preparing us for change and teaching us acceptance of it.

Yet to what end?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by strangleholder1

If you believe that 2012 is the start of a new dawn, I'm betting the elites know they will have to face the people they have abused and are hoping that if they programme us all with a message of love and forgiveness we will be understanding of them...

Not me though, I can't wait to exact revenge on the corrupt and will not be swayed by this new cult of unity....

Herein lies the real question to the thread, are we simply being reprogrammed into a new cult of perception aimed at making us more pliable for the elite in a coming age, and new system.

Are we first purposefully being made to be totally disatisfied and angry with the present system so we will be more accepting of something radically different?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by strangleholder1

Diverse in politics, do you honestly think most can get through what is called double speak, saying one thing and doing another without anyone noticing.

A person who has been programmed to believe falsehoods has no real perception of double speak outside the programmed belief. If my view on the reason we are being manipulated is true then soon it wont matter because the guilty will control our perception of what's right and what is wrong..

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Yet to what end?

That is the $64,000.00 question, those who believe 2012 will change everything and all of sudden we will all be enlightened, not buying that, it's a work in progress and if we don't hurry up we will destroy ourselves. I don't think anyone is going to help us, no creative intelligence, aliens or anyone else, if we don't help ourselves that will be our doom.

Speaking of helping ourselves, that is not what the powers that be want us to do, not in their plan.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Indeed! If we can agree that there is manipulation going on then its reasonable to say that free will will become a thing of the past.

This new angle of higher self, spiritual progression has servitude at its roots, what we serve is the choice of the person doing the manipulation i.e. the elites

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

But the question still remains:
Is the reprogramming for good or bad purposes???
And how does one find out the answer to that question?

I would say when ever any element of secrecy or deception exists it's got to have a bad purpose for someone otherwise the secrecy and deception would not exist.

Now will it have a bad purpose for the few or the many?

That might be a more important question, if it benefits the majority but harms a minority, being in the majority itself is not necessarily a sign the in the long run it's going to be a good thing for you either.

Wherever elements of secrecy and deception exist I think it pays to be suspect.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2weird2live2rare2die
i have never heard of the silent sound spectrum but i intend to look it up now that it has been brought to my attention.
[edit on 5-9-2010 by 2weird2live2rare2die]

I did a short thread called "Just TV or Military Weapon" with some links you might like to check out,about VEIL technology and the Analog Hole Bill......

..."the Sensenbrenner-Conyers analog hole bill, which would impose a secret law – a requirement that all devices that accept analog video inputs must implement a secret technical specification for something called a VEIL detector. If you want to see this specification, you have to pay a $10,000 fee to a private company and you have to promise not to tell anyone about the technology. It's pretty disturbing that our representatives would propose this kind of secret law."...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

All very suspicious!

[edit on 5-9-2010 by On the Edge]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

reply to post by IrishCream

Now it seems that everyone wants a piece of the New Age pie! Really?!

Interesting that you should mention the 'New Age', the so called 'New Age" has given a bad name to the those who are truly looking for enlightenment and awakening, having said that people who are truly waking up are not talking about it, but as long as that stigma is attached it keeps people from trying.

EXACTLY!! I remember way back to my youth in the "Church" when they were preaching against the New Age philosophy. I was so scared of the term alone that I have steered clear of anything associated with it or that used the very term. Now you see it every where like it is some sort of banner for enlightenment! Those who have sincerely sought knowledge and fought against the main stream to attain information and have went up against popular thought to gain wisdom in "secret" or hidden areas are now no more than hippies, tree huggers and/or crystal worshippers.

I personally have met with opposition across the board during my search for truth. I have lost friends and family has abandoned me because I'm "crazy"! Now they come to me and ask questions that can only be answered by them through their own search for truth. The problem is simply this: they don't want to put any effort into it, they want to be told what to think and how to feel!

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

This a big one, also the violent video games that visually are violent but in addition there are underlying subliminal messages.

There is a lot of evidence that video games are especially being used to prompt young people into joining the armed forces through glorifying war and violence and even turning it into a team sport through some of the various game programs where participants can coordinate their activity in the game with other players on their team over head phones.

All the while the same theme music plays over and over again in the background.

The games at the very least are highly addictive with many people spending the better part of a whole day or evening or both locked to their game screens.

There have even been some isolated cases in china of gamers dying of exhaustion and dehydration because they simply did not or could not stop playing!

There is something to consider to look at in video games though many members will bristle at the notion here on ATS.

Very good point!

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

I mean really ...
if they do have some sort of mankind
saving scheme going on, do we really
need to thwart the effort? That may be a lil naive
in nature but it begs an answer from us
all.

I would say look to the past to determine the future. A leopard does not change his spots. That the plans would be benevolent is too much of a stretch. If at all the plans will be self serving to those who will be guiding, controlling, and implementing the schemes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join