It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS LIVE: 22: Open Lines Tonight and Semper has the Keys!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

hahaha I will ban myself for that one

Ah, I had to do it though... Could not pass up a golden opportunity to torture my fellow members with some Huey Lewis

To make up for it I will post some really awesome, rare-ish songs by The Beatles. The first is studio audio during the Let It Be Sessions. This song is called 'Watching Rainbows". The music eventually evolved into the song "I've Got A Feeling"

And then this one is more obvious as to what it became later. This is "Child Of Nature" which turned into John Lennon's "Jealous Guy"

I have all kinds of little gems like these from The Beatles. Now hopefully these make up for my Huey Lewis Torture tactics

Now to get back on topic ( Sorry about that) It is going to be a great show and you should ALL listen in, Square or not!

[edit on 4-9-2010 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Wow very cool. Begrudgingly, I guess that makes up for HL&tN.

Looking forward as always to the show..

[edit on 4/9/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Looking forward to another great show tonight - hopefully they'll continue the discussion on Stargates
PS, maybe it's just me but that chick that was talking about it last Saturday sounds like Miley Cyrus..

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
SHOWTIME - ONE MINUTE1

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Come one, come all tune in to ATS Live.

It's Semper hosting tonight.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
man i need a new mic, I dont want to spam the redneck

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Enjoying the show folks,

listening from quake hit Christchurch New Zealand !!!

g

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Hey you lovely members....we want YOU to call in with your favorite topic!

We are live NOW!!

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
related to subject being discussed.

jesus said: "do unto to others that which you would have done unto you"
and "treat thy neighbor as you wish to be treated"

in other words "treat others the way you like to be treated".

is jesus a liar? seems to me all christians do not like to be treated the exact same way. not everyone likes to be treated or even talked to the same way. not everybody likes to be treated the way i like to be treated sometimes. am i still a christian? maybe.

edited to add:
kudos for tackling and discussing this issue. just sharing some thoughts: semper himself said: "would you rather have 8 people sitting around agreeing with eachother". not agreeing with eachother is conceding that other people do not like to be treated the same way, and be agreeing. so semper saying other people should not always agree, is the same as saying that people should not be treated the same way. the opposite of christ's teachings of treating people the same. and semper has no intentions of conflict resolution, no acceptance to engage in discussing this paradox. i'm not pointing out semper alone, i'm just noting that what christians' christ taught is not what christians practice, always. i'm typing this as i listen. sorry for the rant. no chat, no skype.

christ teaches: do unto others as you would have done unto you, yet some christians refuse to treat everyone identically and the same way.

what do the koran and the torah/bible have in common?
they have chapter and verses that when switched (chpt/verse=verse/chpt) are opposites of eachother, i think.

example? sure:

koran, chapter 9 verse 11 = " ... and we make communications clear for a people who know".

the opposite of the koran's chapter 9 verse 11 would probably read something like: " ..... and we confused and confounded the languages making them not understandable"

and what does the torah/bibles chapter 11 verse 9 say?
"... and god so confused and confounded the languages." in reference to the story of the tower of babel.

so: the koran's 9-11 says the exact opposite of the bible's 11-9.
actually, there are more examples of chapter and verses when switched say the exact opposite of the chapter/verse in the other holy book.

just a couple observations i thought i might share.

great show so far guys & gals,
et

[edit on 4-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Religion SHOULD be entirely personal. A life-long study.

However, there's a helluva difference between just reading the New Testament and ignoring all the thousands of books written ABOUT the New Testament. To truly understand what has been written in the NT, you need to know the complete history behind all of it, even those parts which were changed or omitted.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Religion SHOULD be entirely personal.

i agree. honestly, i do.

however there would not be any religions had abraham, moses, jesus, mohammad, buddha, and others had chosen to keep their spiritual experiences private and personal, instead of public and interpersonal.

again, i don't disagree, just making an observation.

religions and spirituality are a tough subject to discuss for some, kudos to the team for choosing to speak about it at all, respectfully and demonstrating reverence for eachothers point of views. and respecting the right for the panel members to voice their opinions, and still get along with eachother. a quality about ATS LIVE that i appreciate. thanks again guys & gals for what you do, and another great show.

-et

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Good point... but there is enough in the experience of life itself to make me believe there is a Divinity. I don't need anyone else to bolster the notion.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
THANK YOU EVERYONE for listening!!! You are why we do this!

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Great show! Thanks for doing it for us!

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

we certainly agree on this masqua,
et

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Good show but damn I have some massive delays going on!

The show is still going for me....

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Great show gang. Enjoyable and good points made. The interview was cool, and the call ins made good points as well.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Was a bit more than just alright.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Good job everyone - I'd just like to add that "DRW" seriously scares me.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Thank you everyone..

Those in the Studio
Callers and
Members!!!

Semper

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join