It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina governor suspends gun rights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
www.examiner.com...

[Raleigh] Yesterday, North Carolina Governor Beverly Perdue signed Executive Order No. 62, declaring a State of Emergency in advance of Hurricane Earle. In doing so, Perdue suspended the right of state residents to use or carry firearms outside their premises

Could we be having another Katrina type gun grab if Hurricane Earl hits North Carolina?

I apologize in advance if this is posted somewhere. I did a search and it did not turn up anything with the article title. I also apologize if it's the wrong forum. There were three I thought it might qualify for and just picked one.

It is all about control. The government wants to control every last one of us. They would control the weather if they could.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

if you sascribe to the theory of HAARP as a weather wepond then this could be used against the population of the country you controll to do as its told or face flooding ect

xploder

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

One more reason I dislike Beverly Perdue. Hope she get's voted out next election.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa
www.examiner.com...

[Raleigh] Yesterday, North Carolina Governor Beverly Perdue signed Executive Order No. 62, declaring a State of Emergency in advance of Hurricane Earle. In doing so, Perdue suspended the right of state residents to use or carry firearms outside their premises

Could we be having another Katrina type gun grab if Hurricane Earl hits North Carolina?

I apologize in advance if this is posted somewhere. I did a search and it did not turn up anything with the article title. I also apologize if it's the wrong forum. There were three I thought it might qualify for and just picked one.

It is all about control. The government wants to control every last one of us. They would control the weather if they could.

You should post a picture of yourself holding your favorite gun so I can make a decision on this important matter.

It appears you have come to the same conclusion I have, that the State is in fact, nothing more than human farmers. We are slave chattel to be controlled like the blacks were prior to abolition.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The Governor has to declare a State of Emergency to get interstate/interagency and Federal assistance. This is not some grand scheme to grab guns by the Governor.

Now, if this had been news when they wrote the emergency plan, and that was a part of the plan, that might have been a good time for some protest, but as a Hurricane approaches is no time to be second guessing the plan.

Also, if it is only illegal to carry them outside the home, at a time when law enforcement is on high alert and looters are likely. Maybe carrying a gun outdoors isn't such a good idea? You could be mistaken for a looter and shot. You could also mistake an emergency worker or rescue person for a looter and shoot them. Lots and lots of accidents waiting to happen. This sounds like a prudent move to me.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

prudent in the beginning. but in a post-katrina atmosphere, and you had to travel.. would you feel better knowing that if you take a gun as protection, the cops can take it and leave you to the roving bandits unarmed? or, would you go out unarmed anyway, because you are "smart" and know unarmed is way safer than armed?

ill take my gun, and P.S.--martial law means cops have no authority, and by seizing your property they are looting/stealing. i'd rather die killing someone disarming me than live in a state where i am not allowed to protect myself

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

To be perfectly honest, I think the plan is a good one, with a good purpose, and I would still carry my gun! If I got caught carrying my gun, I would take my lumps, I am not above the law. However, I would carry my little .380 very concealed, and it would be almost impossible to be detected unless I got into a situation where I needed it. I would not allow myself or my vehicle to be searched without a warrant, and the emergency services will be too busy to mess with a regular guy like me out doing his part to help the community.

Short version. Good law, good call by governor, yet I would still carry my weapon, illegally, and face the consequences if it came to that.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Wow! you are way smarter than any of the criminal elements that will be out there looking for targets. Now they will leave their guns at home and you will be protected with your little 380 hidden away and unreachable.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Hey...I live in NC. Didn't vote for Perdue, but GetraedyAlready has some valid points.

Nobody's kniockin down my door lookin for my guns...and we have several. In fact, if the governor or anybody else tried that...wouldn't take long to see how that would turn out....

Here where I live, there are more guns than people...and with fall and hunting season on the way, rest assurred that there are many thousands of freshly cleaned and oiled and loaded high calibre weapons at the ready here in NC.

Haviung been through Fran and Floyd...sounds like the governor has done something right for a change.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by reluctantpawn

Wow! you are way smarter than any of the criminal elements that will be out there looking for targets. Now they will leave their guns at home and you will be protected with your little 380 hidden away and unreachable.

Won't be any different than any other day. My gun is always on me, never seen, and never out of reach. I have even been in fights without anyone ever knowing I had the gun, and the gun didn't need to come out.

I even carry my gun on me, at work, for the state, on state property! I had to jump through a couple of legal hurdles, but I am now authorized. Only a select few of my direct supervisors are aware of it. None of my co-workers have a clue.

So, yes, you are correct, I am way smarter, and way more capable than any of the would-be looters or thieves out there. I can play the part of a dummy, and I can make split second rational decisions based on situations, facts, and skills, instead of being one of the blow-hard rambo types, or greed-driven, desperate criminals. I think that anybody that remotely knows me, would be happy to have my company in a dangerous situation.

new topics

top topics

join