It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hostage taken at Discovery Channel HQ

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Maybe the Mods could combine these two threads into a super epic eco nut job report thread? I am not familiar with this websites dynamics so I am unaware if combining threads is possible?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Yeah according to CNN he was throwing money at this very building and the people outside of it that day.

He blames religion and greed in his demands.

Raist

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
He threw money as a protest.

He actually threw money as a protest.

He is welcome to protest me anytime.

Oh, and if he brings his bomb I will light him on fire and push him down the stairs... just sayin'...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

Guys did i hear you right? he was throwing money? what a fragile!!
Im with you he can throw some at me,then id shoot him

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
His manifesto is eerily similar to that guy, who flew a plane into the IRS building in Dallas.

The so called "right wing extremist" suggested the IRS and the Federal Reserve were destroying the planet via an economic dictatorship. He listed conspiracy associated to the right. This "left wing extremist" is suggesting the media is destroying the planet, and we must protect the environment. This guy also, apparently, supported and believed in the conspiracy associated to the left.

Both used conspiracy theories, from opposite end of the political spectrum to justify their actions.

Honestly, I cannot help thinking a politician will be taken hostage or targeted in November - on the grounds he or she is a part of a grand conspiracy to sell US sovereignty to the global elite.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny c

Here's the video of him "making it rain" (tossing the money)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1-9-2010 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Maybe bi-polar with a little sociopath thrown in? :
: It just seems that there's something else going on here than meets the eye. I mean, his demands are well organized to an extent, but like people have pointed out- froggies? Really?? His demands could almost be read as satirical. I know this though- eco-terrorists can be quite emotional about their cause. Very few will actually act on their beliefs but when they do they go all-out.
This could turn out very poorly. Obviously if he believes what he has written he places no value on human life and doesn't care if anyone gets hurt or not.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
He blames religion and greed in his demands.

The guy, who targeted the IRS, mentioned those two components in his demands too.

*coughs* False flag? *coughs*

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Judging by the content of his website, he REALLY doesn't like babies.

This is what happens when someone reads a book, believes it to be the equivalent of the eco bible, and then starts poiting guns at people to get the world to work HIS way.

He's just like Rocky Road ice cream - nice and nutty.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I'm currently following this story on sky news. They have mentioned he's a former employee of Discovery Channel. I've just looked on his protest site and I must say this guy seems to believe some very strange things.

Someone should really show him ATS. I think he'd be quite a good member ( I joke)

But seriously in my opinion I think blood will be spilt in one way or another. I hope its his and non of the workers.

I still don't understand why he believes its discovery channels responsibility to show programs that are more save the world flavoured. I have read his pdf also and it seems to me he's a guy with an idea about something and wants others to join in along with him.

My name is Lee. Look for me on site. I will be demonstrating ideas on how to save the planet in front of the Discovery Channel Building each day until they give in. The idea to save the planet is based on the book My Ishmael by Daniel Quinn, where he suggests people can build on each other's ideas to find solutions for saving the remaining species and living sustainably. The Discovery Channel, the networks, and the government, don t care about planet-saving ideas that actually work. I say that they must give other ideas a chance. Join us in the protest to save the planet. So please, bring yourself, and maybe a sign with your own slogan with saving the planet as a theme, and some friends.
Here is the whole PDF

Notice how he says each day until they give in? its like he's given up and lost it. How does doing this make discovery channel take him serious?

thats my 2 cents

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Thanks thisguyrighthere for the video mate ,he thinks he young jeezy now! lol
He is going to depopulate from throwing money in the air? i dont get it at all!! lol someone plug this muppet

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Hes in custody now and possible other bombs ibn the bldg

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The suspect is in custody! Live on CNN they said he is in custody.
Second line.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
NEWS JUST IN

He's in custody and has been shot.
Hostages are fine or so it seems.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
the explosives went off.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
ALL HOSTAGES ARE SAFE!!!

He is in custody!! The police shot HIS ASS!!
good news,everyone is safe!!
MYTHBUSTERS LIVE FOREVER

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
DUDE!!!!! DID I CALL THE TIMING OR WHAT?!?!?!?

I said at 4 pm central, 5 pm eastern that they would shoot him earlier in this thread!!!

I AM THE GREATEST PSYCHIC ON ATS!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I am one to sort of believe this has something to do with this sort of thing.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
They mention infiltrating conspiracy websites.

If you are a believer in any conspiracy and a gun owner it is possibly safe to say you could be placed on a list of potential threats. If you protest you could be placed on a list of potential threats. Unless you conform you could be a possible threat.

Sadly, on CNN they were interviewing someone and the reporter and the guy mentioned the language of “Revolution” being a dangerous word. We are in some bad times for sure. I imagine places like this have been watched for some time and that many here are even being watched. Of course I have to be careful now because my wording might be considered dangerous.

Raist

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Thank to everyone for keeping the thread going

nice one guys and girls

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

Star for your timing my friend,you called it spot on

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join