It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from a long-time lurker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Just thought I'd stop by and say hello since I've started posting over the last month or so. I've been lurking here for about a year and decided to get a little more involved in the action.

I'm in my mid-30's, live in the northeastern US, and work in an R&D position for a chemical company. I realize that last bit of information probably places a large target on me as being the second coming of whichever entity you deem the most evil. That's actually one of the reasons I wanted to become more active and engaged - to help people understand that science isn't a bad thing in and of itself, only the misuse of science e.g. studying genetics is a good thing, using the information from that research to push a eugenics agenda is not.

My ATS-related interests are most of the topics in the Science (I know, I know... shocker!) and Mysterious Subjects forums. I freely admit I'm a skeptic, so I tend to take the position of, "Nice hypothesis... proof?" I also enjoy some of the Political discussions relating to Constitutional Law. I'm a card carrying member of both the ACLU and the NRA because I love all of my rights. After a long journey that started with passive Catholicism and my parents believing I was smart enough to make my own decisions regarding religion, I've recently come to grips with the fact that, deep down, I'm an atheist. That being said, I fully believe that everyone has the right to believe what they want and I will never belittle anyone's religious beliefs. So please don't belittle mine. Wink wink.

As far as non-ATS interests, I'm a bit of a foodie. I have the good fortune of living in a suburban area that's near a major city, so there's a ton of quality restaurants with just about any style of food I can desire that no one knows about. Music plays a big part in my life - I'm rarely not tapped into my iPod or have music going in the background. I love live music and try to see smaller independent shows whenever I can. I'm also a pretty avid reader, almost entirely fiction.

Other than that... I have a wife, a dog, a cat, and a baby on the way. Let the insanity begin!

Look forward to talking to you all on the boards!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Hi and welcome from another lurker. I just started my newbie thread today. I hope to see you around in those forums.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Well you've got your first flag from me.

Try not to chase them or even count them as important but it's part of the scene so I'm glad I broke you in.

Great to hear you being so up front about everything, I hope you live to regret it

Hope to see you on the boards!

-m0r

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Welcome earthling, sounds like a pretty good life you got going. And yes, distancing yourself from Corexit would be wise lol

See you around Mars

top topics

join